Sign in to follow this  
Chrismahony

!!! MISSING STRING, when trying to re-install battle-eye for OA

Hey, whenever I try to re-install Battle-eye or install newer updates ect. it says !!! MISSING STRING.

I don't know why this is happening, I did have scripts before but I only used them on my friends hived server, and I never used them on Battle-eye servers. But all of my scripts and the cheat engine thing has been deleted off my computer with the past 2weeks. I can download the DLL's and install them into my program files through the Battle-eye website, but I don't think it does the same as installing it through steam.

I tried the "Verify integrity of game cache" method, It restored about 6 files, but it still wont let me re-install Battle-eye.

This is annoying me because when I try to join a server almost every time it give me a script restriction, even though there is no scripts on my compuer, AT ALL.

If you know any way to solve this please help. thanks

post-88195-0-93164800-1344588007_thumb.j

u dont need to install the dll's, just copy em over old dll's in the 2 arma dirs, dir battleye

Remove BattleEye files and then repair install via steam

@Bean king, I deleted battle-eye in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion and I still get the

!!! MISSING STRING problem, but now it says on steam "Register Your Game" when I right click on Arma2OA :(

Edited by Chrismahony

There's an option to re-install BattlEye when launching original Arma II through Steam, I find this way the most stable.

• Like 1

I'm making progress, it gets to the loading of the installation, it says it installing, then it says the !!! MISSING STRING problem again, but then it makes the battle-eye folder with everything inside it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye).

Does this mean battle-eye is now installed? It still says "Register Your Game" for some reason, doubt this will be a problem, if this worked, Gogster, you sir, can take all my beans ^_^

Edited by Chrismahony

Thanks everyone for the help, I finally got it working.

Gogster, my beans are now yours :D

Glad I could help - I guess the manual installation of BE can be complicated, hence why they stuck the option in the Steam menu.

I had this issue too.

I reinstalled battleye via steam and got this Missing string error.

I unsinstalled battleye via the control panel, then reinstalled it, and got the missing string error

I then uninstalled battleye and deleted all traces of (eg, users/appdata/local/arma II oa/battleye etc, then reinstalled battleye, and got the missing string error.

I did the above, and reisntalled battleye manually by downloading the latest version and copying them into the correct directorys, loaded the game and it didnt work, when I then tried to reinstall battleye,I got the missing string error

I then unsinstalled battleye, deleted all trace of it, uninstalled arma II & Arma II OA via control panel. Reinstalled them all, and got the missing string error

So today, I uninstalled Steam, and everything associated, including battleye, then re-installed everything.

It it worked, and it took me about 15s from loading the game to get into a server.

So. don't muck about, uninstall steam and everything, bite the bullet and get in the game.

(Or some other positive sounding statement intended to make the hours I wasted on this worthwhile)

Edited by deftlyhandled

I had this issue too.

I unsinstalled battleye via the control panel, then reinstalled it, and got the missing string error

I then uninstalled battleye and deleted all traces of (eg, users/appdata/local/arma II oa/battleye etc, then reinstalled battleye, and got the missing string error.

I did the above, and reisntalled battleye manually by downloading the latest version and copying them into the correct directorys, loaded the game and it didnt work, when I then tried to reinstall battleye,I got the missing string error

I then unsinstalled battleye, deleted all trace of it, uninstalled arma II & Arma II OA via control panel. Reinstalled them all, and got the missing string error

So today, I uninstalled Steam, and everything associated, including battleye, then re-installed everything.

It it worked, and it took me about 15s from loading the game to get into a server.

So. don't muck about, uninstall steam and everything, bite the bullet and get in the game.

(Or some other positive sounding statement intended to make the hours I wasted on this worthwhile)

So. I get in the game for a short while this afternoon. And as we all know, the missing string issue is tied to the game hanging at the loading screen. Second time I attempt to log in, the game hangs at loading screen. I try to reinstall battleye. And get the missing string error.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I had this issue too.

I forgot to mention that I tried validating Arma II and Arma II OA along with uninstalling and reinstalling battleye (manually and through steam). All permeatations thereof.

I solved my loading screen hang / missing string on battleye reinstall problem.

I had installed sixlauncher / sixupdater, then decided not to use them, but didn't uninstall them.

Now I have uninstall them, reinstalled battleye.

Its always something simple. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope this can help other people with this issue.

@Deftlyhanded, you could've just installed it manually through the battle-eye website by downloading the DLL and client.

That solved the problem for me, atleast.

Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work.

And, actually, Im still getting the missing string error.

I'm not handling this very deftly, am I?

Edited by deftlyhandled

well, if you go to the steam-apps folder, then go to this directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion), then look inside the expansion folder and if there is a battle-eye folder in there it has been installed, I still get missing string but just do that and if the folder is there you already have it installed! :)

Simply right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead -> Go Properties -> Set Launch Options -> Copy and remove everything in there. Now you can reinstall BattlEye.

Don't forget to paste everything into your launch options again.

• Like 1