The Desolated

How do I create a DayZ private server?

I was playing in a server today that I have a lot of progress on and have been playing here for awhile. But today; me and everyone else on the server was teleported to a spot on the map and everyone was shooting each other. I managed to abort quick enough. I decided that I should make my own server, so I don't have to deal with crap like that. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

But I see a bunch of servers on SixLauncher that are locked.

I know what you mean. The support community isn't very supportive yet either but we have to be patient. It's just a mod in it's infancy. I'm on the same mind track as you. I want my own private Hive and World together on a machine that I explicitly control that isn't linked in anyway to the central Hive. I want it passworded so friends and I can explore the world together with out worrying about BS admins and hackers.

• Like 1

I was playing in a server today that I have a lot of progress on and have been playing here for awhile. But today; me and everyone else on the server was teleported to a spot on the map and everyone was shooting each other. I managed to abort quick enough. I decided that I should make my own server, so I don't have to deal with crap like that. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

Check your inbox

google is your friend. There is nothing anyone from dayz can do about hosting a private server so go for your life.

I had the same issue today, teleported to one site the military base and then evryone getting shot. I too would like to be able to host my own game for friends that I have are new and trying to learn and to tweak their computers to play the game and to get the feel of the game. Any ideas how I can host a private server?