SeaNanners (DayZ)

How do you fly the Helicopter?

DOes anyone know the controls? I cant seem to fly it me and 3 freinds found a heli and we cant fly it what are the control? really appreciated ;)

If you don't know, too bad.

You don't deserve it.

I spent like ten hours practicing in boot camp to learn it. I'd suggest that you and your friends do the same, then come back and know it.

• Like 5

You don't deserve it.

I spent like ten hours practicing in boot camp to learn it. I'd suggest that you and your friends do the same, then come back and know it.

woow i thought the dayz community was friendly i guess not. It's because i have 2 post. Your mad?

• Like 1

Just remember: Landing your chopper in or around cherno or elektro gives you infinite beans. Give it a try.

woow i thought the dayz community was friendly i guess not. It's because i have 2 post. Your mad?

No it means that ARMA II has bootcamp for a reason.

Here comes the airplane, open wide!!!!

Edited by Beans By Any Means
  • Like 1

You don't deserve it.

lol ten hours? i got it in like 10 minutes.

its easy stuff

Nope, just tired of people being babies.

• Like 2

I'm mad that you can't come up with your own name.

• Like 1

its easy stuff

Not to land where you want to, fast, and lift off, touch and go umd fire... But that's cool.

I spent 5 minutes in armory learning how to fly the helicopter.

Do the same.

I guess those 500+ hours of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising didn't go to waste after all.

It has taken me 11 years to master aircrafts in BI games. I can bomb cities upside down while top gun music magically drones from the clouds. It took a lot of time to master that last part.

• Like 1

Flying the helicopters is fun. It also helped me to learn the Chernarus map.

Yes, Q Z mouse X C is easy, but it's worth spending some time on and learning good landing zones throughout the map.

Edited by Disgraced

Not to land where you want to, fast, and lift off, touch and go umd fire... But that's cool.

you dont know what i learned, i made that heli my bitch. it shouldnt take ten hours.

Personally I change the contols a bit.

W = increase thrust.

S = decrease thrust.

Mouse left = Left turn.

Mouse right = Left turn.

A = Bank left.

D = Bank right.

Q = Left pedal.

E = Right pedal.

I clean up my controls, so when I move my mouse left, I don't both turn and bank to the left.

In Operation Flashpoint most servers said: Train flying in singleplayer

-Start up ArmA: CO without DayZ. In DayZ singleplayer/editor is disabled.

-Click singleplayer/editor/select map.

-Double click on the map to open the unit window in the editor.

-Side: OPFOR,

-Faction: Takistani Army

-Class: Air

-Unit: UH-1H

-Press Ok.

-Press Preview.

Fly around in the editor, crash 1-20 times and you're good to go.

I'm not a big fan of the auto-hover, it has it's uses, but I prefere to land, while my forward speed is at 15-25kmh, when you touch the ground, you'll slowly slide to a halt.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

you dont know what i learned, i made that heli my bitch. it shouldnt take ten hours.

You're so funny. I played it for ten hours. It was fun. Anyway....

Some basics here

just do a general search for how to fly a helicopter day z and this video should be a result from dayzguides

Edited by Turrel

If you have a bit of spare cash buy a 360wired controller it will make life a whole load easier. Also remove the movement controls from the mouse in settings otherwise if you get sent to desktop whilst flying and use the mouse to return to game you will prob be upside down when you return. Once you have set up ur pad for flying spend some time either in boot camp or armory and get used to flying.

Some basics here

just do a general search for how to fly a helicopter day z and this video should be a result from dayzguides

Why did you revive a 7 month old thread?

its easy stuff

depends.. if starting and landing with autohover=on, turning into the direction you want to go and go their straight forward is "knowing how to fly a heli", everyone can do it in 10min.

If you want to go in low, set the flying tincan down, have your mates jump out and lift of in under 20 seconds, you better invest a few month.

Just look at the videos of people who know how to fly helis in arma, to see what flying a heli in arma is supposed to be like.

If you use auto-hover, you don't know how to fly a heli.

I practiced a day just to get lift-off with a quick 180° turn and flying off in the opposite direction you faced on the ground. And that's just one thing you should be able to do if you want to consider your self able to fly a heli.

tl;dr: there is a difference between safely starting and landing a heli and being able to fly a heli.

Why did you revive a 7 month old thread?

dont care how old it is, its still relevant

I fly with my toes on the keyboard boosts my flight time by 2 mins as I tend to crash everything I touch with my hands