Torndeco (DayZ)

HFBServer + scripts.txt

If people are running a slotted server @ HFBServers...

U may wanna double check the file cfgdayz\BattlEye\script.txt

Believe mine was an empty file after the battleye update awhile ago, when they changed the structure + my bans.txt was outdated aswell.

No point making it to easy for hackers, only noticed myself after some hackers

U are able to update via ftp, but its mainly gettin access to the server files to update them...

Managed to get a copy off a another dayz server for now + am checking if i can get access to server files via http://support.dayzmod.com/ for future updates

I've been wondering this my self, Made a post an no one bother to reply.

I don't have a "scripts.txt" file in that directory only a "scripts_old.txt"

Any idea why?

I've been wondering this my self, Made a post an no one bother to reply.

I don't have a "scripts.txt" file in that directory only a "scripts_old.txt"

Any idea why?

BattlEye changed the syntax of the file.

You need to put a new file in or just write "//new" on the first line.

A new file would be better though.

BattlEye changed the syntax of the file.

You need to put a new file in or just write "//new" on the first line.

A new file would be better though.

It has //new in it so that will have to do i dont think i have the ability to add a file.

But its empty? Where can i find this fabled scripts file everyone talks about?

The Scripts.txt need removing. it shouldn't be posted in a public forum.

All you are doing is giving the hackers the script we use to fight them.

Agreed, People need to start thinking straight ffs

Scripts.txt is useless, it only boots legitimate clients and not the hacker(who is using BE bypass).

• Like 1

Scripts.txt is useless, it only boots legitimate clients and not the hacker(who is using BE bypass).

This is true. though its better than nothing. Anyone that needs the latest one, needs to join the

admin channel on mIRC. If your a server admin that is.

This is true. though its better than nothing. Anyone that needs the latest one, needs to join the

admin channel on mIRC. If your a server admin that is.

And joining and claiming to be a server admin to get the scripts.txt is no different to posting it on a forums?

If i knew to join i'd have gladly done so. The fact is theres no where on these forums that help Admins who are not familiar with Arma to learn what they need to do. A thread needs to be made to help with this. Or an Admin section of the forums where staff can help direct those of us new to arma as to what we need. Atm the forums are a total mess due to the massive member base.

Every bit of googling i try, or even search on these forums always returns 4000 threads in relation TO hackers/scripts not hot to set up anything to help detect them.

I made a thread about this and no a soul replied (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57758-server-logs/)so i'm guessing I'm the only server admin here new to Arma it self and wants to work with the DayZ team and other admins in any way possible.

I admit i didnt post scripts.txt was wondering if u are allowed to,

But i did come across versions of it on dayz forums earlier today *shrugs*

edit:- for example i just noticed there is a stickied thread that has the scripts.txt in it

Atm i have applied for access via dayz support but i highly doubt i get access for the files & irc channel, as the reg page kinda seems like its aimed @ people running a dedicated server & not a slotted one. Unless i am mistaken

Since i really rather not have to keep paying for 2 different servers from 2 different providers, 1 for location / ping + other 1 for access to files to fix the first server.

Edited by Torndeco