Sign in to follow this  
Karlash

Zombies harder

Have they made the Zombies harder since Friday? Because Im getting spotted when my eye icon shows im hiden and also its not simply to loose aggro'ed zombies, I ran for ages zig zagging around house and bushes going prone after a 90 degree turn behind house bushes etc and nothing works, also if a zombie hit you with 8000 blood you loose consciousness.

Im only just over a week into DayZ but the last 2 days have been seriously difficult in relations to Zombies view range and de-aggro'ing

Same, I also seen a zombie get aggroed on me crouch walking from about 50m and no other zombie aggroed on me though. I actually like it, gives me more of a reason to be more sneaky.

I like the zombies being harder! They are more of a threat and stops players just running around trying to run and gun! Good one rocket!

I like it to, its just frustrating... worst part of this thou was a threw a smoke grenade and all but one Zombie went for the smoke, the one that was the third or fourth furtherest from me was the one I aggro'ed so didn't make sense.

I like that now shooting attracts way more Zombies, I shot 3 zombies in a Barn, and in about 10min I killed 30... was fun until I ran out of ammo :), but still managed to get out a live without a scratch.

Feels the same for me. Still kinda easy to out-run zombies in the woods and in the cities.

I crawl everywhere in town just to be on the safe side. It is one of the great frustrations of the game though that you have to crawl for ever to explore the average sized settlement and you can still get grief from a zed from miles away, or just have one pop up right in your grill. And junk.

There should be a crawl mode where if you're willing to put up with the slow speed you're practically invisible. Hunger and thirst counters continue to tick, so it's not like you'd be invincible in this mode.

They have for sure. I am lying prone in grass at night and being attacked by them.

personaly i feel zombies along the coast should be easier to avoid, making the life of a noob a touch easier to get ahold of the game..

then ramp up the Zombies AI as you go inland..

that should keep everyone happy, and enjoying the game.

I just had a zombie climb a latter this morning in a deerstand..

Just pop a few rounds in him as he gets to the top!

Zombies have a chance to randomly spot you from a further distance than previously, which is why some aggro and not others. Keep out of their line of sight as much as possible to reduce the chance of it happening. In some cases it might be better to run between cover then crawl or slowly crouch walk.

Regarding moving around whilst prone, I do not recommend it because you move so slowly. When entering buildings you have to stand up and if a zombie aggros it takes quite a while to stand up and start running. I find it best to stick with crouch walking near zombies because you can start running by double tapping W and not get hit.

Did you join a recruit server friday then join an expert server next?

Nope been playing a Veteran server pretty much from the start, I get that the Zombies are harder... well I imagine they are, but yeah they just seem harder, also today I spawned I didnt even move and I had aggro'ed 3 zombies.. I just gave up lol