luisnm

New Player story/experience

So i have played this game twice ( i haven't had that much time) and died about 7 times. I am a very very fresh player and i have read a lot of bad experiences that other players have had, i would like to point out that those players or they either have no patients at all, which it is needed for this game, or didn't know what they were getting. Without anymore introduction, here it's my story in this mod.

After learning my controls,dying multiple times, making mistakes, dying about 5 times, and also getting pissed off at zombies, i changed servers to this high-populated one.

I spawned next to a city which is called for short by many players "Elektro". Elektro is a huge human life taker from what i've heard. With only a bangage, flashlight and some balls i said "fuck this, if i get killed, it won't matter". With the skills that i have already gotten, i prone carefully, and i see this brick wall that is destroyed, i saw it as an altenative entrance and less dangerous, i proceed with care.

I realize that there're corpse everywhere, zombies, that have been mutilated. i think at this moment "oh great!. At least i don't have to worry about these zombies", as these thoughts pass over my mind, i notice this ladder that takes you to this sort of a path which leads to a industrialized ground, i want to get there.

As i walk the metal-forged path, i hear gunshots. Because i am a very fresh players, i cannot tell you guys the kind or what gun it was, i just knew that it sounded like a rifle. I minded on my own business and i do find the industrialized area.

Baked beans, and a hatchet were my treasures that i found, witch came handy because i was attacked by a zombie and i could defend myself. Bleeding, i used my only bandage to stop the bleeding. at this point, im at 10k blood.

I come back to the center of Elektro and i see this...church. I decide to go inside, see what i can find and i see that there is a player inside, armed and active. I come close to the door and i type "Hey, are you friendly? i won't hurt you, im just looking for some water". As i come closer, i see that there are 2 bodies that were players, they were dead and i don't know if they were killed by zombies or that player! i just ran away form the church and got inside this hospital-looking building of 3 stories. I hear an extreme buzzing inside, i check every room, trying to find something, maybe water, my thirst is starting to kick in, i get more desperate for water, walking to the second story, the buzzing gets more and more intense, and there is blooding dripping from the ceiling, i find a small pack with a bandage inside, i go up in a ladder to the roof and for my surprise...

there wasn't a body, there was 3 bodies, totally dead, and with their bags. Wondering what had happened to them, i come to realized it might be a sniper killed. It sounded reasonable since they were up in the ceiling, 3 people? against one enemy? i don't think anyone would approach a group like that. It didn't look right, and i hear more gunshots so i prone down and i start looting the bodies.

i find medical supplies, canned food, one pepsi can (YUS), and finally...a makarov with some ammo. I finally have something to defend myself with. My thoughts are interrupted by more gunshots so i climb down and get inside the building.

log off for the day.

Now, i try to log on the game on my laptop to test if it can be played. Sadly, the laptop plays it, not smooth at all. as i try to config, i see some stuff on the ground that can be taken, i accidentaly switch my makarov to that hatchet i found, i hear someone walk and hit me on the back, i try to get my gun and shoot him but my computer is not smooth so im trying to turn back. In my last breath, i turn around, see the killer's face and i drop to the ground. Dead.

Am i mad?

Not at all. What comes easy, it goes easy.

Experience about the mod?

Genius work. The mod is really well-thought. Love it so far.

Other thoughts....

I think the pvp fact of it is good. I mean, arma II is a military simulator, right?. Well, Dayz, the way i see it is... a post-apocalyptic, zombie simulator too. So, if this happened in real life, groups will form, people will kill eachother over nothing, so i like the pvp aspect. But as a actual simulator, i think the players need to think twice about taking a life. like they would do in real life. Again, this is the way, i think. It's just opinions. Feel free to post your own and thanks for reading and sharing.

Take care and see you there in dark twisted world of Dayz.

• Like 8

Lol very long but I read it all, sounds like my first week of DayZ.

Trust me it will get easier, still fun but fun in a different way.

Your post has convinced me to buy Arma2 and play this mod.

• Like 2

Daspope, glad to hear that. I also bought the game for this mod. You won't regret it!. Have fun

Nice write up.

You got more guts than me for your first few hours, you headed right into a main city.

Me, I ran inland, cutting through the forest hoping to come across a farm house to find supplies.

Elektro is a life taker, but my friends and I are turning it into a life preserver - switch through some of the AUS, NZ, ANZ servers and Elektro can be better - look for aduff and adamius in the player list.

• Like 1

i would like to point out that those players or they either have no patients at all, which it is needed for this game, or didn't know what they were getting.

Yes the game has quite a steep learning curve, first there are the idiosyncracies of the arma engine, for those that only bought it for dayz that alone is an issue. If they were only playing run and gun fps before then they may find themselves having to use tactics they might never have had to use before. Patience and stealth is a major part of the gameplay early on, until one figures out how to use the map/environment and provided tools to ones advantage. Good thread, I hope you like beans

Edited by Dr Cheese

Sounds like a great time. It can be pretty rough at the start, but soon enough you'll be looting Cherno/Elektro like a pro. If you do happen to find yourself in a situation though where you are injured and need help, hit me up, I'll help you out and probably give you some sweet stuff too.

• Like 1

I take my hat off to you sir, unlike most of these nuns you have balls have some beans. Also I would like to invite you to my group please message me if you are interested, btw we aren't a bunch of pussies

Im enjoying the game and now Im at the stage were i can equip myself pretty well...however...snipers are the bane of my existence and are responsible for 98% of my deaths.

Basically I seem to be a bullet magnet lol

Nice story, I was going to do the same as you and enter the big city, changed my mind lol, decided I would head inland instead, I hit up a couple of deer stands to get some gear, saw a barn and headed for that, stopped just short to scope the place out before entering, the next thing a shot rings out and i'm down, another shot and i'm dead, here ends my first life! :(

I'm now on my second life and my character is 2 day's old, i've even been in Elektro and survived, toured a lot of the inland area and hopefully i'll last a bit longer, maybe i'll meet a fellow survivor and team up........maybe.

So i have played this game twice ( i haven't had that much time) and died about 7 times. I am a very very fresh player and i have read a lot of bad experiences that other players have had, i would like to point out that those players or they either have no patients at all, which it is needed for this game, or didn't know what they were getting. Without anymore introduction, here it's my story in this mod.

After learning my controls,dying multiple times, making mistakes, dying about 5 times, and also getting pissed off at zombies, i changed servers to this high-populated one.

I spawned next to a city which is called for short by many players "Elektro". Elektro is a huge human life taker from what i've heard. With only a bangage, flashlight and some balls i said "fuck this, if i get killed, it won't matter". With the skills that i have already gotten, i prone carefully, and i see this brick wall that is destroyed, i saw it as an altenative entrance and less dangerous, i proceed with care.

I realize that there're corpse everywhere, zombies, that have been mutilated. i think at this moment "oh great!. At least i don't have to worry about these zombies", as these thoughts pass over my mind, i notice this ladder that takes you to this sort of a path which leads to a industrialized ground, i want to get there.

As i walk the metal-forged path, i hear gunshots. Because i am a very fresh players, i cannot tell you guys the kind or what gun it was, i just knew that it sounded like a rifle. I minded on my own business and i do find the industrialized area.

Baked beans, and a hatchet were my treasures that i found, witch came handy because i was attacked by a zombie and i could defend myself. Bleeding, i used my only bandage to stop the bleeding. at this point, im at 10k blood.

I come back to the center of Elektro and i see this...church. I decide to go inside, see what i can find and i see that there is a player inside, armed and active. I come close to the door and i type "Hey, are you friendly? i won't hurt you, im just looking for some water". As i come closer, i see that there are 2 bodies that were players, they were dead and i don't know if they were killed by zombies or that player! i just ran away form the church and got inside this hospital-looking building of 3 stories. I hear an extreme buzzing inside, i check every room, trying to find something, maybe water, my thirst is starting to kick in, i get more desperate for water, walking to the second story, the buzzing gets more and more intense, and there is blooding dripping from the ceiling, i find a small pack with a bandage inside, i go up in a ladder to the roof and for my surprise...

there wasn't a body, there was 3 bodies, totally dead, and with their bags. Wondering what had happened to them, i come to realized it might be a sniper killed. It sounded reasonable since they were up in the ceiling, 3 people? against one enemy? i don't think anyone would approach a group like that. It didn't look right, and i hear more gunshots so i prone down and i start looting the bodies.

i find medical supplies, canned food, one pepsi can (YUS), and finally...a makarov with some ammo. I finally have something to defend myself with. My thoughts are interrupted by more gunshots so i climb down and get inside the building.

log off for the day.

Now, i try to log on the game on my laptop to test if it can be played. Sadly, the laptop plays it, not smooth at all. as i try to config, i see some stuff on the ground that can be taken, i accidentaly switch my makarov to that hatchet i found, i hear someone walk and hit me on the back, i try to get my gun and shoot him but my computer is not smooth so im trying to turn back. In my last breath, i turn around, see the killer's face and i drop to the ground. Dead.

Am i mad?

Not at all. What comes easy, it goes easy.

Experience about the mod?

Genius work. The mod is really well-thought. Love it so far.

Other thoughts....

I think the pvp fact of it is good. I mean, arma II is a military simulator, right?. Well, Dayz, the way i see it is... a post-apocalyptic, zombie simulator too. So, if this happened in real life, groups will form, people will kill eachother over nothing, so i like the pvp aspect. But as a actual simulator, i think the players need to think twice about taking a life. like they would do in real life. Again, this is the way, i think. It's just opinions. Feel free to post your own and thanks for reading and sharing.

Take care and see you there in dark twisted world of Dayz.

I like the concept "Players should think twice about killing players" I personally think there should be a slight penalty for killing players like; the blood from the player is on you so zombies are more atracted to you. I kill players everyonce in awhile and I feel bad because smetimes they're just scared and shoot to scare me away.

If your looking for trustworthy players to join up with PM me and I'll send you our server details.

uhm. wow!

Your first day in dayz was very productive! The first times i played this game I was so scared of zombies I didnt dear to even venture close to any houses. The very first time I played I was so scared of the zombies I just ran around in the woods until I died of dehydration. When I respawned and found my buddies, still scared to death to face any zombie action, I made them run into houses and get me food and drinks. Even with a weapon, back then I was too scared to do ANYTHING!

To say that things are better now is quite an understatement! I love this game and I play it every day.

I am no longer scared of zombies.

(yes i am)

I take my hat off to you sir, unlike most of these nuns you have balls have some beans. Also I would like to invite you to my group please message me if you are interested, btw we aren't a bunch of pussies

internet hardass.

thank you for your beans guys. Glad that you all enjoyed the story.