START HERE: A Beginners Guide to DayZ Servers and Administration

Edited by Roberto2

Edited by Roberto2

RESERVED (Just in case :) )

I was hoping for a post like this, just became admin of the new server US1664.

Whats with getting kicked for BattleEye Script #54 when trying to access the control panel from in game?

• Like 2

And here I started to write one and you beat me to it. :P

Great guide

I was hoping for a post like this, just became admin of the new server US1664.

Whats with getting kicked for BattleEye Script #54 when trying to access the control panel from in game?

You can remove this line from your scripts.txt but it wouldnt log who accessed that feature. You may also look for it and change it to a 1 instead of 5.

Edited by Ryahn

And here I started to write one and you beat me to it. :P

Great guide

You can remove this line from your scripts.txt but it wouldnt log who accessed that feature. You may also look for it and change it to a 1 instead of 5.

Thank you ill give it a shot.

Edited by Roberto2

This is great information, Ryahn! Thanks for following up. I'll add general Battleye script error troubleshooting to the list and add this to it!

From what I know about the scripts.txt. If it has a 1, it will only log. If it has a 5, it will kick (not sure if it logs). I am also not sure if there is a 3 to just kick and log.

After learning how to log in via chat commands I just reset it to 5 to prevent anyone from going into that panel altogether. Your method worked, but I got a #140 kick afterwards, but then I learned the commands so forget it ;)

Thanks again though.

What's actually required to host a server? How is a dedicated box running an i7 920 with 12GB RAM on a 100/100Mbit line not enough? I don't get it..

What's actually required to host a server? How is a dedicated box running an i7 920 with 12GB RAM on a 100/100Mbit line not enough? I don't get it..

It should be enough. The reason why they say 3 GHz is because of how much CPU usage the server uses. I have scripts to help maintain my server so it never goes over a certain amout

Aww, you used my guide for optimization. Have some beans babe <3.

From what I know about the scripts.txt. If it has a 1, it will only log. If it has a 5, it will kick (not sure if it logs). I am also not sure if there is a 3 to just kick and log.

1 - Log detections to "scripts.log"

2 - Log detections to server console

4 - Kick for detections ("Script Restriction #X")

You can combine types by adding. I.e. 1+2 = 3 = Log to file and console. 1+4 = 5 = Log to file + kick.

Edited by walkerbait421
  • Like 3

You can combine types by adding. I.e. 1+2 = 3 = Log to file and console. 1+4 = 5 = Log to file + kick.

You get some beans. This will need to be added

You get some beans. This will need to be added

Consider it done!

Excellent guys! THIS is what I'm talking about! This kind of collaboration is what this community needs :)

I am so waiting for a "How to Identify Hackers" portion of your discussion.

Right now it feels like I'm running around with my head cut off.

I am so waiting for a "How to Identify Hackers" portion of your discussion.

Right now it feels like I'm running around with my head cut off.

Aren't we all? :)

I hope to have something for you today, Sna.ke! Hopefully it'll be a slow day at work ;)

Not sure if it's my PC, but the majority of your links come up as:-

--URL::4f067ea444af8be1b224ae70af0e8160-- Updated Scripts.txt file including recent hacking scripts (July 31st, 2012)

Anything I can do to get these links? Recently rented a server and am looking for "simple" instructions on installing/config of Arma 2 Rcon.

Great thread, look forward to more info :-)

• Like 1

Well done.

Stickied

Thanks so much, Legacy!

To change a server to veteran, so you cut and past all the veteran settings to the config file?

Are you running a dedicated server, or a managed one?

Usually, managed servers will have a drop box somewhere in their ACP/TCAdmin backend.

If you're running a dedicated server, then yes, you will have to replace the contents of the file. I found an amazing chart that had all of the different parameter settings for the difficulties, but I can't find it. If anyone can, that would be awesome to put in the OP!

I have yet to play on a single Vilayer server that didn't have massive lag or desync for me.

That's what you get when you have a load of servers hosted on the same machine... I prefer paying $40/month for a fully dedicated machine w/ an SSD or a 10k RPM HDD.