Mason0915

Battleye Failed to Update. Have tried everything

Ok so i have read all the solutions and tried everything but battleye still fails to update every time. i join a game and i see in the chatlog

Battleye Client: initialized (v1.164.)

Battleye Client: Server Requiring v 1.167. Updating...

then a few moments later

Battleye Client: Could not connect to BE Master

Battleye Client: update attempt failed

then i get kicked.(battleye failed to update)

i have tried every solution i have found online and non seem to work if anyone has the same problem and managed to find a solution your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Battle eye failing to update can also be due to your internet connection. As if its slow it will fail to update in time leading to you getting kicked. personally when this happened to me i waited a couple of days and it worked fine.

Just go to battleye.com and go to downloads. Dowload the server and client files under 1.62. Then go to arma2oa folder, then expansions, then battleye. Delete the two files, server.dll and client.dll, and replace them with the ones you downloaded. The directory is arma2oa/expansions/battleye. Its what i do when it doesn't update in game.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

There is an option to re-install BattlEye when launching the game from within Steam. Not sure if that's part of the 'everything' you have tried?

Just go to battleye.com and go to downloads. Dowload the server and client files under 1.62. Then go to arma2oa folder, then expansions, then battleye. Delete the two files, server.dll and client.dll, and replace them with the ones you downloaded. The directory is arma2oa/expansions/battleye. Its what i do when it doesn't update in game.

i have tried that multiple times to no avail

Fuck sake.. have tried everything but the battleye client.dll have a trojan inside and everyone with avira says it's a virus.. and the client.dll wants me to approve admin thing for it else i can't copy it inside my battleye folder.. and i wont do that.. My friend sent his client.dll still doesnt works.. what am i supposed to do -.-?

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

I have been looking for the solution to this problem my self, but i found the way for solving it on my computer - hope it will help you!

I noticed that my anti-virus kept playing a sound (it does that when it finds a virus/threat) every time i join a server and a little while later i would get kicked.

- I simply disabled my anti-virus protection called "Realtime Protection" (i use Avira) and now it works.

Apparently my anti-virus thinks that battleeye is a virus, or at least a few battleeye files are.

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

I have been looking for the solution to this problem my self, but i found the way for solving it on my computer - hope it will help you!

I noticed that my anti-virus kept playing a sound (it does that when it finds a virus/threat) every time i join a server and a little while later i would get kicked.

- I simply disabled my anti-virus protection called "Realtime Protection" (i use Avira) and now it works.

Apparently my anti-virus thinks that battleeye is a virus, or at least a few battleeye files are.

just add the dll file to your exceptions i think its in expert mode then your shield settings and let it ignore scanning the battleye folder and you can keep your av going and you wont get anymore problems with it :)

Well my problem is that Battleye kicks me for (Battleye: Failed to update) and yes i've tried to defrag my files on arma 2 and OA and aswell manually change the client.dll and server.dll and aswell in local battleye and run as steam.. I can't get on my own fucking server even.. Though the thing i havent tried is to install the new client.dll that avira says is trojan..

avira does bring this up as a trojan but it is not its failing to update due to avira thinking it is and stopping it from downloading the updated one hence why you are getting kicked

avira does bring this up as a trojan but it is not its failing to update due to avira thinking it is and stopping it from downloading the updated one hence why you are getting kicked

Well why does the client.dll want my admin pass?

could be 2 reasons either something is using the file ie steam close it and try again or you have uac set to protect system files battleye website gives you the MD5 if you really worried but it dont matter if you dont add it to avira exception because it will stll kick you out till you tell avira that its not a virus