JamesButlin

Should we be able to pull axes out of tree stumps?

Should we be able to pull axes out of tree stumps?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be able to pull axes out of tree stumps?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should there be a quick "yanking out the axe" animation for this?

• Yes, make the character pull the axe out
    • No, make the axe just dissapear

Many of you would have seen the DayZ equivalent of the image below with a grey axe/hatchet (would get in game screenie but i'm at work).

fs527001.jpg

Some of you may have in vain tried to pull the axe out of said tree stump, and after being unsucessfull, thought to yourself "wait.. this is the first thing i'd do in a real zombie apocalypse, so why can't I do it here?!".

I think that these objects in the game should have two states, one with a removable hatchet and one that has already had the hatchet removed, just becoming a normal tree stump.

Character pulling out axe animation would be nice too, see poll.

Anyone else agree?

Edited by JamesButlin

Funny that I see this post now, just 5 minutes ago it ennoyed me I wasn't able to pull it out.

+1

could not agree more! I think everyone who ever played this game for the first time thought the same thing. it's the kind of thing that gets ironed out during alpha dev i guess, no shame there

Let's hope this doesn't end in the removal of all tree stumps with axes out of the game

I don't even think the axe should disappear, they should just make that asset drop a hatched for now ... there is no need to take multiple and if you happen to not be alone, well considder yourselves lucky...

Let's hope this doesn't end in the removal of all tree stumps with axes out of the game

Why not? It's not like they are useful in any way.

Right now hatchets are too easy to find as it is... making them collectable from the stump just adds to the problem.

I support axe/stump removal if the existing hatchet spawn rate is reduced. The easy solution is to just remove the axe/stump all together, or modify the model so that the axe is all rusted and useless looking, or has a broken handle, etc.

~Sol

It's a static model. It'd honestly be a waste of time to have to remodel it right now. Plus, what happens after one person removes the axe? It'd be kind of silly to have it respawn.

That first time I saw an axe in a tree stump and went like "A WEAPON FINALLY", only to be disappointed. YES I want a woodaxe to chop zombies, but the animation doesn't really have to happen, just for the sake of not giving the developers even more work.

Yes, or take the tree stumps w/ axe out.

I'd prefer an animation, but given this engine and alpha I'm fine with disappearing. But even that might be considerable work to have two stump assets and to have it change. I think either way the base stump w/ axe in it should be taken out, and replaced by a "loot pile" stump or just not there at all. It's a huge tease to see it and not be able to get the weapon. I hate stuff like that in games, particularly those going for immersion/simulation/realism. It's the details that count.