Sign in to follow this  
LucasAzevedoBR

Low FPS in Dayz

hello people I am a Brazilian player, and am in the forum because there is a problem with my game,

When I tried to play OA weapon 2, I noticed that my fps was high, but when playing my dayz is between 10-15 fps in cities, and outside is a marvel.

If alguen have a solution please post here, even more.

I made the topic by google translator.

Edited by LucasAzevedoBR

Ive had the same problem. my PC takes BF3 on ultra with 60 FPS but ultra on Day Z is like 20 FPS. Just turn it down abit.

• Like 1

Arma 2 was alpha? Wow i didn't know that.

Did he ask why Arma 2 has low fps?

DayZ is using the arma 2 engine, Einstein.

Doesnt change the fact that DayZ is still in alpha, and runs like shit.

Did he ask why Arma 2 has low fps?

You aren't a bright kid are you?Both arma 2 and dayz lags becase the engine is a cluster fuck of a coded mess.

Edited by Jaeskern

No, DayZ is in alpha, hence not fully optimized, I'd imagine. Also I don't think BF3 is as taxing as EA would have you believe. Anyhow, Batuhan, if you go back under your bridge and behave I'll stake some goats nearby as a treat.

BF3 is very taxing but that's primarily due to DICE's inability to optimise engines or have compatibility for AMD drivers.

BI's problem is that the ArmA 2 engine is less optimised than BF3's and is very very single threaded. Due to that in particular hinders it's performance a lot though it seems to love stealing as much gfx RAM as it can too, so a 2GB card helps a lot. Basically highest Ghz on CPU and as much GPU RAM as you can find = better performance. Just don't expect it to be much better on a $20,000 computer than it is on a $1000 one.

How about you post your hardware specs before you start complaining about optimazion and shit.

I get a pretty solid 50-60 fps all the time, only when the game has been running hours do I have to restart the client because no matter what I do it starts to lag like crazy.

AMD 960T oc @ 4.0GHz

sli MSI GTX 560ti 2gb

8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 1600MHz

Western Digital 7400RPM HDD

Edited by VitaminK

Well that's a solid if currently avg rig. Similar to mine and yes there is a massive memory leak causing slow down over time. I re-log every hour if possible to avoid it.

BTW I run:

AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 3.6GHz

8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance @ C8

AMD Radeon 6950 @ 840/1325

WD Caviar Black 1TB on SATA 3

Avg 45-60 in Wilderness areas, 35-50 in small towns up to Stary Sobor size and about 20-40 FPS in Cherno/Electro/Berezino.

You bitches have some cheap ass integrated graphic cards or some shit.. Come on now. It is Alpha but I am easily running 60-80 FPS

Edited by Sethen

Use SMAA by enabling it in the arma2OA config file, turn down your resolution a bit, turn post processing to very low, or off...

All of these thing will dramatically increase your frame rate. Turning off AA will double your fps, for a start.

Hello everyone, I am also a Brazilian player and suffer the same problem

My computer passes the minimal requirements

Have ran the normal to the Very Low and I can not reduce the lag (FPS) in the cities ...

But in small towns and forests my FPS is very good!

Already in the big cities (Elektro, Cherno) is horrible! FPS between 20-10 ...

PLEASE, I LIKE THE FRIEND THAT OPENED THE TOPIC THAT ARE SUFFERING WITH FPS PRA GIVE THAT WAS NOT!

my computer:

Case: Leadership Gamer II Blue Eye Turbine 6703

-

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT v1 DDR3-S2 (Socket 775)

-

Memory: 4GB Markivision (2 Combs 2GB)

-

SATA: 500GB

-

Processor DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)

-

Source: Phoenix real pro 530W

-

Video Card: GT440, 1GB, DDR3, 128 bit overclocked

-

Windows 7 (32bit)

Please ROCKET, we are fans of the mod .. need HELP ..

Edited by ramonsantospinto

Can anyone help us in a matter of FPS in big cities?! ... Our PC has minimal requirements and runs a beauty in small cities and forests!!

help ... please!

Thank you

Edited by ramonsantospinto

Ramonsantospinto you have an outdated processor and graphics card, not much anyone can do for you except tell you to upgrade your hardware.

Well that's a solid if currently avg rig. Similar to mine and yes there is a massive memory leak causing slow down over time. I re-log every hour if possible to avoid it.

Avg? 2x 560ti 2gb's is faster than a 680 and only a few more fps's behind a 690..

Memory leak is a pain in the ass though... wonder if they're ever going to fix that..

This

and also try using RAMDisk. Send me a msg for further info for that.

Also, I think rocket has said it somewhere. DayZ is just a mod for the game, and I personally really think it gets better and better optimized by every patch, but, again, you cannot expect it to run just as fine as Arma 2.

Upgrade or overclock really.

Anyone who runs the game for a while then finds it slows down try the memory flush command. Seems to work :)

Hold left shift and double tap minus on the number pad then type flush. You will know if it's done right because the screen goes black and says it's activated the flush. This also helps with the graphical artifacting a lot of people get.