Sign in to follow this  
jamestrendall

Infinite black loading screen

Hey since the patch last night on sixlauncher i havnt been able to play DayZ also the patch this morning i had on sixlauncher hasnt fixed the problem.

I can join servers and see players in the lobby but when i click ok to join in the zombie killing fun i get stuck at the black screen with loading in the center. After 5minutes or so the loading words disappear but im stuck on the black screen. I alt tab out then click the game to bring the screen back up and it returns the loading words.

I hear the zombies and i think i can hear myself crawling (last time i logged off i logged off while prone) but i just have a black screen.

I have try'y updating sixlauncher i have try'd using DayZcommander and also arma 2 and they all give me the same result's.

The only thing i havnt try'd is check game files verifyer thing. (as i dont know what its called i havnt done it)

Is anyone else having this problem? is there any fix for this or is it just a waiting game untill they release a new patch/update to fix this problem.

I bought arma 2 and arma 2 OA on steam then went to the DayZ website to install the mod thats all i have done.

My system specs are,

AMD Phenom II x4 BE @3.4Ghz

16Gb corsair vengance ram 8Gb in each channel.

x2 Asus HD 7770 GPU. running crossfire

x2 1TB Seagate HDD @ 7200rpm

foxconn A9DA-S motherboard

x3 50"plasma 1080p tv's @100Hz refresh rate active 3D. @250Hz

Edit: I have try'd the game on each screen seperatly also across all 3 in and out of 3D also i have tested on an old CRT style monitor.

I am at a loss to what is wrong with the game. the last resort is to uninstall everything and re-start steam arma dayz mod from scratch.

Edited by JamesTrendall

With a setup like that, I would assume you would know how to troubleshoot a game. What would a game have to do with your monitors? Switching to a CRT? wtf.

Have you tried joining a different server? Updated to the latest beta patch?

With a setup like that, I would assume you would know how to troubleshoot a game. What would a game have to do with your monitors? Switching to a CRT? wtf.

Have you tried joining a different server? Updated to the latest beta patch?

Changeing screens to rule out my screens are not faulty, And i am new to steam, i just ran verify integrity of game cache and it found 1file missing and fixed that. i have just ran arma 2, arma 2 OA, and arma 2 CO. now going to try again with DayZ if that still fails i will have to delete DayZ and reinstall it.

This happens on all servers i have try'd joining. other then that i get waiting for host on some other's.

Im new to PC gaming and only built this PC a few day's ago so yes with this setup i dont know how to troubleshoot the game. Yet anyway.

Edited by JamesTrendall

this community is awesome , NAT.

I had the same problem what I done was just ctrl alt del out minimized it and after 5-10 minutes I got into the game

Edited by Ben2904
  • Like 1

this community is awesome , NAT.

I had the same problem what I done was just ctrl alt del out minimized it and after 5-10 minutes I got into the game

Thank you i will give that a try before deleting DayZ and reinstalling it.

You arent the only one.... it takes me about an hour each time I want to log in to finally find a server I dont get stuck at a loading screen or isnt pitch black nighttime

This jpg shows how my first hour or so of trying to play DayZ goes haha

post-73450-0-76473700-1343508728_thumb.j

Edited by Raaad

This jpg shows how my first hour or so of trying to play DayZ goes haha

That is exactly what i have now.

I have fixed the problem. I have reinstalled six launcher and dayz also verify'd both arma and arma OA this seems to have fixed the problem atleast for a few servers.