Sign in to follow this  
DemonofCherno

A NEW DAWN Hospital and food bank

Description: A New Dawn is a facility ran by survivors to help those in need. We will supply anyone who asks food and water and medical treatment as needed.

Server: Closed

How to attend our facility

Locate our base by using the main road use caution as bandits can be waiting to ambush. Once you have arrived please contact a guard to inform them of your situation. Based on the severity of the situation you will be asked to wait at guard post or let through.

Once you arrive at Base PLEASE WAIT AT THE GATE FOR STAFF TO CONTACT YOU. If you are not contacted by our staff and enter the gate you run the risk of being marked as an attacker and will be swiftly dealt with.

Once you have been seen by one of our staff. Please use the road to exit the facility immediately, DO NOT RUN INTO THE WOODS and DO NOT LOITER. We cannot see the next patient until we know you have left.

It is possible at a later time that a vehicle will available to pick you up and bring you to our facility. Such notice will be given on the forums as to the make or model of said vehicle.

Disclaimer: WE THE STAFF OF A NEW DAWN ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEATHS OR LOSS OF PROPERTY WHILE ATTENDING OUR FACILITY. USE US AT YOUR OWN RISK JUST AS WE HELP YOU AT OUR OWN. GUARDS ARE ON DUTY AT ALL TIMES AND ARE THEIR TO PROTECT STAFF AND PATIENTS.

Rules

1. All Patients or survivors seeking help must use the main road NW or SE of the base, ANYONE FOUND IN THE WOODS AROUND BASE WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT.

2. Survivors are not allowed near the tents/supply area. Please wait for someone to contact you at the gates. Anyone found near supplies will be SHOT.

3. You may be asked to disarm; if you are asked to disarm there will be a tent (or area designated by staff) for you to put your supplies in until you are ready to leave.

4. When on the premises if you are attacked by zombies or another survive DO NOT PULL OUT YOUR WEAPON. Call out to the nearest Guard “your name” “location” and “attacker” If able. If you pull out a weapon you will be shot.

5. All survivors must follow the orders of Identified Guards/Medics/Staff. If any survivor fails to follow directions they will be asked to leave immediately. Anyone who does not will be Dealt with (you’ll be shot).

6. Undesignated vehicles are not allowed on or near the base. any Vehicle closer than 700m will be given 1 warning shot. If you need medical attention exit the vehicle at a safe distance and inform the closest guard of your intent. If able you must place your weapon in your vehicle.

7. Food will be given up to 2 soda/canned food per patient (if able). Medical attention will be given as well. We will NOT supply extra Blood bags/antibiotics/Epi-pens/Morphine/pain-pills we need those for our patients.

Edited by DemonofCherno
  • Like 9

Best way for this to work is to set up your own server and admit patients in with a password. For location, I'd choose Elektro so you can keep resupplied easy.

The other option would be to do what Dr. Wasteland does and equip your medics on your own server (or the safest one you can find and then send then to do runs in troubled areas.

-O

• Like 1

Ok, I think the idea is great! And with the password protected server, I can see it very real.

But I see a few points, that are unclear to me, or that I would change a bit. Please, don't let my criticism discourage you in any way, I mean it in a good way. ;) Also, it's just my subjective view on the matter, which might not be correct, or you might have a totally different idea about the project itself.

1) I would change the layout of the first page here, so it could be more transparent.

2) You mentioned, that you would take care about the survivors, that needs help. Just keep in mind, that most of the survivors, who need urgent help, are from my experience, unable to go anywhere far, because:

-they have either broken bones

-or they barely see because of their low blood level, which makes them orientate quite hard, and defending from zombies on their way even harder

-usually, when they need urgently food/water, they have some of the conditions above

3) If you would expand your services, by following actions, it would greatly help medics in the field:

-providing equipment for medics, who got shot dead, or who are new, yet already established. Specifically NV Googles, and GPS (since you gave me those, helping people got twice as easy and safe)

-providing "safe server" for medics on their way to their patients, or even allowing the patients to be patched up there, in their varied locations. But it would be much harder I guess, to keep an eye on everybody. Yet, even if you wouldn't or couldn't monitor everybody connecting the server, it would be definitely safer for both patient and medic. Changing the password once in a while might help as well.

4) The already mentioned password would filter out the casual shoot-on-sight players, and most of the bandits, greatly improving the safety for medics, patients and staff. If your facility has a fixed positin, and without a password, I see it undefendable, due to the DayZ login/logout mechanics, where you can "teleport" anywhere, anytime. Also, the people connecting to the server might not know the rules, or might not even understand english (if not password protected).

5) This might seem a bit selfish, but allowing ONLY medics to get inside your camp, where you stash your equipment, would makes it much safer for you, and the equip itself.

If anything else cross my mind, I will let you know here.

Good luck!

Edited by Duny

great idea, love the initiative.

just a thought though, you might want to provide anyone with a vehicle with a guard for it? as expecting strangers to trust other strangers with their cars is asking alot :P maybe once theyve got out and made contact, a guard would babysit their car? or drive it closer (once confirmed safe)

I personally would say somewhere inbetween cherno/elektro. cant get better, hospitals for supplies, and a great traffic location.

I'd be up for helping guard/medic if this is taking place on EU (so long as I dont have to leave my community ofc)

Your right Duny this is dangerous and perhaps If i did a password server it would defeat the purpose of offering a safe haven. Ghosting or switching servers will be a problem but there is nothing I can do about it. This is dangerous and all my guards know this and all patients know this, But I won't let the fear of bandits or cheating stop this experiment. If people want to exploit it and destroy it then that is the game Dayz is and will stay. I need the community to be willing to help protect this area.

This will take place on a US server for now.

Edited by DemonofCherno

I believe that password protected server would be the safest and easiest way of offering help.

But yes, it might have destroy the feeling of the game to some degree - making it too sterile. Who knows.

Anyway, I wish you a good luck! If I could be of any help, just let me know. ;)

Edit:

Hmm, actually I'm starting to be quite excited about the idea. :D

Edit 2:

pwing is forbidden? Didn't have a clue about that, as I did see some pwed servers on the server list before

Edited by Duny

I like your idea but I think Dr. Wasteland's approach is more practical.

Since its forbidden to pw servers, I dont get why ppl suggest you use a pwed server. I like your attitude towards pwing.

I actually think your idea of forting and anoncing that in an official forum will attract more bandits then you can deal with since it actually sounds like a challenge to bust your camp.

My advide keep it secret and only let trusted medics inside to resupply for rescue missions. You could take the Reddit Rescue Force Karma as a starting point. Someone with over 100 karma will probably not be a bandit.

Maybe even you can use the server you play on to provide lifts to patients for medics.

Edited by Black Eye

Best way for this to work is to set up your own server and admit patients in with a password. For location, I'd choose Elektro so you can keep resupplied easy.

The other option would be to do what Dr. Wasteland does and equip your medics on your own server (or the safest one you can find and then send then to do runs in troubled areas.

-O

That'll get your server blacklisted, bud.

I forsee bandits in the near future.

Very cool idea. I commend you.

How do you deal with the zombies that spawn in the base? Might be better suited going offsite and setting up a secure camp elsewhere.

Let me know if you need another guard or 2 sometime. Would be nice to get involved with something different than the norm.

Best of luck and beans for you :)

YES THERE WILL BE BANDITS..I understand that and so due the men guarding the staff.....Bad men are apart of life..if you want to hide in the woods so be it..

If you want to help we are OPEN right now..so please feel free to jump on!

Edited by DemonofCherno

I need a transfusion, my name is ratfever, I have trouble communicating in-game (text chat is borked apparently). So, please don't kill me. I just need a transfusion and I'm out of there.

I see every bandit who reads this getting their sniper for some target practice.

Hospital is closed, it was a good success a few men are better off, and a few unfortunate survivors are dead.

When do your services become available once again?

Your right Duny this is dangerous and perhaps If i did a password server it would defeat the purpose of offering a safe haven. Ghosting or switching servers will be a problem but there is nothing I can do about it. This is dangerous and all my guards know this and all patients know this, But I won't let the fear of bandits or cheating stop this experiment. If people want to exploit it and destroy it then that is the game Dayz is and will stay. I need the community to be willing to help protect this area.

This will take place on a US server for now.

I helped out with Fort Friendly and Fort Haven. Ghosting became a serious problem but with your rules it might not be to bad. I would love to guard and I'm almost always on.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ial-experiment/

EDIT: Just saw the last post.

Edited by Hordeslicer