KieranB983

Bring DayZ to console aswell!

It would be great if you could play the DayZ mod on console aswell as pc. As I love pc gaming and console gaming, it would be great to have a hand held controller to play DayZ with and communicate and play private games with friends via xbox live.

• Like 3

You're preaching to the wrong choir... Besides, I don't think current gen consoles will be able to give everyone the DayZ experience they're going to expect.

However. I saw so reviews about the developer release software for Microsoft's next console (codenamed Durango). It looks like it might at least bring a sliver of hope for something as in depth as DayZ.

I'd buy it.

Are you an idiot?

Xbox 360 and PS3 would never be able to play dayz unless it was converted into a 2D top down shooter.

Seriously

Im even going into the facts why xbox and ps3 suck for gaming over all, here is why it wouldnt work.

Too few buttons

Consoles are too weak

Too imprecise, aim assist will be needed

No mod support for consoles

Bandwidth restrictions

Terrible community

• Like 17

lol is this a real post or someone's idea of a joke?

• Like 2

lol is this a real post or someone's idea of a joke?

Im not laughing, this must be an internet troll

Trolololololol.

I'd buy it though if it could deal with it.

Edited by KieranB983

The OP brings me to laugh unintended. You could have used the search function of the forum. We had this discussion yesterday.

Try using search next time before you post.

@Topic:

No, the aiming assistance system would be unfair to pc gamers. So please, Rocket, don't make DayZ a console game! (Well, I#m pretty sure he won't) But you could be lucky if some developers just copy the idea behind DayZ and release a similar game on consoles. The type of gameplay seems to be quite popular. And here in germany we say: Better stolen good than badly self-made.

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=1

Console gamers don't deserve games like Day Z. Rocket already said the game required balls, and no shooter on a console can handle that.*

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=0

*Sure there are plenty of amazing games on a console, but lets face it, if we left the world to the xbox live community, the zombies would evolve civilization before we did.

• Like 9

Any way we could get DayZ on iPhone? Wouldn't take anymore than a couple of days to port it I guess?

• Like 3

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=1

Console gamers don't deserve games like Day Z. Rocket already said the game required balls, and no shooter on a console can handle that.*

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=0

*Sure there are plenty of amazing games on a console, but lets face it, if we left the world to the xbox live community, the zombies would evolve civilization before we did.

You guys are acting like PC gamers would share severs with XBox and other Console gamers. In all likelihood, if it did ever make it to the console, the two would be played on separate hive severs specifically to combat advantage/disadvantage issues.

The way I see it, if Rocket can incorporate console play to DayZ without compromising his overall vision, he's only limiting possibilities for the future by not considering all venues.

Heck, it could be used to hype up the PC version, which could be a much larger expanded game than the console version (kind of how the Sims is, but not like that because EA murdered the series [especially with the console releases, so it really isn't a good example for my case, but rather, the opposite xD])

• Like 1

You guys are acting like PC gamers would share severs with XBox and other Console gamers. In all likelihood, if it did ever make it to the console, the two would be played on separate hive severs specifically to combat advantage/disadvantage issues.

The way I see it, if Rocket can incorporate console play to DayZ without compromising his overall vision, he's only limiting possibilities for the future by not considering all venues.

Heck, it could be used to hype up the PC version, which could be a much larger expanded game than the console version (kind of how the Sims is, but not like that because EA murdered the series [especially with the console releases, so it really isn't a good example for my case, but rather, the opposite xD])

They for damn sure wouldn't be playing the same game.

"Really, you're longest life is 2 months? My character has been alive for 2 years, 14 days! He has a fully automatic AS50 with built in NVG-thermal range finders and auto aim!"

"What server do you play on?"

"Xbox live!"

"I'm so happy for you. I once crawled 2 klicks to a hospital getting 20 zombie kills with a hatchet and broken legs."

"Dude, why didn't you just pop a flare and call for medivac?"

"Because I was playing Day Z. WTF are you playing?"

• Like 3

Consoles can coexist with PC gaming folks, they're both great for what they do. Obviously current gen consoles wouldn't be capable of supporting it, but that's irrelevant as the next gen is right around the corner. I'm not sure why people have all the blind hate for consoles, but it's really sad that people are so threatened by the possibility of PC games being ported to the more convenient and user friendly consoles. Giving this experience to more people is not a bad thing!

• Like 5

delete this shit and ban the OP. ty

Ban me? For getting a view across, damn your one harsh mother-fucking SOB!

but it's really sad that people are so threatened by the possibility of PC games being ported to the more convenient and user friendly consoles.

Because when this happens, the game gets dumbed down to be played with thumbs and forefingers, destroys immersion, reduces scale. I don't want to play console games on my PC. Why would I play Day Z at half the resoultion I do now, with auto-aim and a map 1/4 the size it is now? So I can sit on my couch and eat cheetos at the same time? Fuck. That. That's what Mario Kart or Gears I can't believe its not Railroad is for.

Which publisher would you trust to distribute Day Z on consoles? EA? Activision? Ubisoft? I'm sure one if not all of those are already working on a console game based off Day Z, which will just end up being Left 4 Ded 3 with more beans.

Also, Rocket has said he wants Day Z to have an active Mod community to improve and expand the game. Nix that on any console. Console games are meant to be quickly cycled content. I.e. they want you buying more games faster, not finding one you love, generating your own content for it (and GASP not paying for new content--you damn commie).

Consoles have their place. Use them for what they are good at and realize that if you want the best that gaming has to offer, you'll need both a console AND a PC.

But the truth is that while someone with Down's Syndrome can still be a contributing member of society and live a good and full life, you don't hire them to design the next Mars mission.

• Like 6

Of course, instead of entertaining any other viewpoints or opinions, we should just get them off our forums.

You heard him, march! ;)

Only for this you should be banned.

• Like 2