Sign in to follow this  
Sula

Battle Eye created "Missing String" on Start Menu. Any idea why?

Not sure if the follow things are related but here's what I noticed over the last two days.

About a month ago I bought arma 2 and arrowhead so I could play day z. Downloaded it and six launcher but have never been able to play day z (until yesterday).

2 days ago I couldn't find any servers or run one myself to play in Arrowhead's armory. (That's where I've been driving and and flying etc while not able to play day z).

That same night I decided to reinstall day z and six launcher etc again though I'd done this many, many times before without success. The only difference I recalled was that something called battle eye annoyed McAffee and I told it to always let battle eye have access. Never seen that in previous installation attempts.

Yesterday I noticed when I booted up pc that arma 2 said it had finished installing or updating, something like that. I was surprised as hadn't known it was due to be updated. Wonder now if it was related to battle eye getting access via mcaffee.

Thought I'd try to access day z just as a matter of routine and nearly passed out with shock - I got in! I died! It was fantastic. :)

Later tried to play in armory but just got a photo and queried this in the forums - was told I have to delete sp, can't play sp, but this was a mp server I wanted to run so I decided to just leave it alone.

Last night I noticed something on my start menu but only looked at it just now.

It's a menu option in the start menu that is called: !!! MISSING STRING and the properties box says "E:\Program Files [x86]\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\UnInstallBE.exe"

I'm loathe to mess with it as I can now play day z but it leaves me cautious of what other side effects might be lying in wait.

Does anyone know what this means and whether I need to do anything please? I mean day z technically knowledge people, not friendly comments like hahah reboot and delete. :rolleyes: Thank you ;)

Sula

Edited by Sula

Wow, really? 7 hours and no response. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I thought there'd be experts here to deal with technical issues and say something like, yeah, happens all the time, it just means....