Sign in to follow this  
xenomta

Hackers

If I pick up hacked weapons, will I be banned? I mean like, a ban for sure. Not a "maybe". Thanks,

Xeno

PS. I think the hackers name is "Mike", I just took him out from the ground with an AS50. May not be him though because I found a chopper randomly earlier.

Edited by Xeno

How are they hacked? Like you know for sure they were hacked in or is it obvious they are modded with like infinite ammo or something... I would believe you could only RISK getting banned if you know its hacked and still use it but if some hacker just spawns it and a passerby picks it up unknowingly...

the thing is, as far as my knowledge goes, the program picks up the weapon, if it notices its out of place, u get banned, if u haven't gotten banned yet, i think(!!!!!) you're safe.

How are they hacked? Like you know for sure they were hacked in or is it obvious they are modded with like infinite ammo or something... I would believe you could only RISK getting banned if you know its hacked and still use it but if some hacker just spawns it and a passerby picks it up unknowingly...

Well I found a dead body with all this nice stuff on it, and there was a chopper next to it, it was in the centre of balota and I pretty much took everything. Once I had landed I took a screenshot of it and tabbed out too show my friends

http://i46.tinypic.com/f5d0o.jpg

Then, when I tabbed back in I was dead, and I remembered that in the previous update, heli coppers didn't spawn, so I was like SHITTTTTT, so I left and created this topic

the thing is, as far as my knowledge goes, the program picks up the weapon, if it notices its out of place, u get banned, if u haven't gotten banned yet, i think(!!!!!) you're safe.

Sorry for double post, but this happened like 10 minutes ago.

Yea if you pick up a hacked weapon of a dead body then all that happens is in a few days you will find it has turned into...wait for it,,,A MAKAROV. There was probs just someone who killed you or was camping the spot and you picked up the guys stuff who died before you and the sniper put the weapon thier as bait :)

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

I'm so gunna post this in every "OMG I GOT BANNED BUT I JUST PICKED UP THE HACKERS WEAPON QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" -thread.

Edited by AluCaRdBe
  • Like 1

But on server restarts don't any spawned in items restart? Also does this apply for spawned in vehicles?

No

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Sorry but you can't control what an Admin bans over. If a server admin looks at the logs and sees someone with an AS50 TWS, they CAN (and sometimes will) ban for it. Regardless if you created it or not. It will not be a global ban, but yes, yes you CAN get banned locally over tiny, tiny things.

If you kill an admin and they see your name, not only will they (sometimes) shutdown the server but will also (again, sometimes) kick and ban you.

Rocket you don't have control over what server admins can and will do. This is unfortunate, but YES a person CAN be banned for having a hacked-in gun on them. Regardless if they picked it up, or spawned it, some admins don't care.

Sorry but you can't control what an Admin bans over. If a server admin looks at the logs and sees someone with an AS50 TWS, they CAN (and sometimes will) ban for it. Regardless if you created it or not. It will not be a global ban, but yes, yes you CAN get banned locally over tiny, tiny things.

If you kill an admin and they see your name, not only will they (sometimes) shutdown the server but will also (again, sometimes) kick and ban you.

Rocket you don't have control over what server admins can and will do. This is unfortunate, but YES a person CAN be banned for having a hacked-in gun on them. Regardless if they picked it up, or spawned it, some admins don't care.

A server ban and a global ban are two very, very different things. The OP is asking about a global ban. And if you are encountering Admins abusing their power, Rocket and his team are usually pretty good about crawling up the server admin's buttocks about that sort of thing.

That being said, if you USE a scripted in weapon/vehicle... expect to be CALLED a "hacker".

rocket can, and he does

admin abuse = report with proof = blacklist

Well newer players might not know the difference between a legit gun, camo, or anything else. And gear that's hacked in, so prosecuting someone for that is unjust. Its the hacker that should be banned.

• Like 1

Hoping Rocket will comment on this scenario.. I've come across posts in trading forums (not here) where individuals are trading in weapons known to be hacked. While they maintain they didn't hack them themself but rather found them in a crate hacked by someone else, is "knowingly" trading/using these items condoned?

Edit: To clarify, I'm not seeking permission here, nor trying to open a can of worms. The post went on to ultimately quote Rocket's post on this thread as part of their argument that it's ok to do this.

Edited by Lt_Smashington

Having killed few hackers I can confirm no negative repercussion beside not so much ammo for shiny new toy.

But is considered bad form. Be like "Good Guy Greg" and no take banned weapons.

Edited by Pilot of Pripyat

I was playing DayZ and was banned ive never hacked in any sense and despise those who do. I recieved a Global ban 51f7. What the hell is that, and what for? i mean i love the game if i have to ill repurchase but i want to know why to prevent whatever happened from resurfacing.

Edited by Attack_Duck

No

It does have some basis.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1154-gau-12/#entry12289

:)

No

THANKS

really, thank you for clarification, i really waited some time for this

i know for sure some playes running around with thermal M107s and duped stuff

Edited by Zombo

If you know a player is hacking, or just have a slight hunch, by, for example, he has a weapon you can't possibly have naturally spawned, and kill the hacker, then just move up to him, hide the body, and just let it be. Don't loot him.

i killed a guy called 'Mike' the other day, 2 minutes later the server gets nuked and everyone respawns with my equipment and a ghille suit.