Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyMadMan

L85A2 AWS not existing in my game.

so about 1-2weeks ago my buddy found a L85A2 AWS at a helicopter crash. We were super excited and I went over to him to look at him wielding his new awesome gun, and then I noticed I couldn't see him wearing his gun, neither hear him shooting with it, we got curious and he put it into my backpack, I still couldn't see it in my backpack, nor find it in his. it was like that gun didn't exist to me. And a few days later we were ambushed by someone using the same kind of weapon, again I couldn't hear the gun being fired, while my buddy could. (However I could hear the bullets flying and hitting the ground)

So I'm wondering, anyone else have encountered a similar issue?, how do I fix this?

The game is purchased and launched through steam.

I noticed this issue in 1.7.2, which was when I first encountered this weapon.

I have updated the beta countless of times with no effect on the issue.

~JohnnyMadMan

L85 AWS has been removed from the game and It's a glitch that it's spawning.

Really?

spotted someone earlier running just outside bor with one

From what I heard its a glitch that it got removed, not that its spawning. And for most people they can see the gun just fine. It is usually bugged however in that if you log out wiht the gun it will disappear.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31766-l85-tws-still-in-game/

Wish I could find the Rocket post.

It has been temporarily removed from game because weapon names had been changed a couple patches back to prevent duping, unfortunately the game at the time doesn't recognize the weapon and it can be removed from your inventory or your primary (**glitch**). Rocket has said that he did not remove any weapons from the game, something to the effect that it was a coding error and that it will be fixed in the future.

On a side note, I just found one at a helicopter crash site, gave it to my friend . He has used it today and its fully functioning. I gave him the warning " before you log, make sure that you place the AWS in your backpack, don't log out with it in your primary". If you log out with it in your primary there is a good chance it won't be on your person the next time you log back in.

Good Luck and happy hunting.

I have had the AWS for a couple of days now without problem, disconnecting with it in my main inventory. works fine.