Sign in to follow this  
ikonane

I got DayZ and OA with Arma 2 Free look how to change back?

Hi, I have Arma 2 Free and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead installed on my computer to run DayZ (awesome mod btw). But I got the "Addon "dayz_code" requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" and at the menu "no entry: "bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope" and when trying to join a game: " You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependant on downloadable content thathas been deleted.chenarus".

I searched on a lot of forums and finally found a solution to the problem, it was to copy all the files from "Arma 2 Free/Addons" to "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/Addons" and "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@DayZ/Addons" but NOT to overwrite anything. The only problem is that now the loading screen, menus and even the in-game inventory(?) looks like Arma 2 Free and not Operation Arrowhead. Does anyone know how to change it back?

(I have bought it via Steam)

I am guessing it is only to remove some of those addons-files that I copied in, but which?

If anybody knows it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Do I need to reinstall OA or delete some of the files that are in the addons-folders already?

And should I simply copy the a2free addons folder into the a2oa root? But there is no addons folder there now, it is under "Expansions/Addons".

delete all the files you move previously. the a2free addons folder goes in a2oa root folder.

Ok, thanks! Is there an easy way to delete all the files that are in the a2free addons folder that I copied into the other two addons folders without deleting the ones that was there from the start? :P

"1) copy the addons folder from "arma2" to "arma2 operation arrowhead" folder.

2) add a non-steam game to steam, that launches Arma2OA.exe.

3) edit properties of this shortcut, add -mod=CA;@DayZ (makesure toput a space infront of -)

4) give it a unique name and save it."

Where do I edit the properties, in Steam or the actual .exe-file?

Is it possible to add the "-nosplash" and such as well? Or only the "@DayZ"-thing?

I seem to get the "@DayZ" to work in steam but not if I add " -world=empty -skipintro -nosplash" as well. Why not? I dont have a "Set launch options" on the shortcut.

Is it possible to fix this?

Picture: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/k0nane/Screenshots/Arma2DayZ_1.jpg