Sign in to follow this  
TheFlyingDemocrat

where are the Best places to find guns?

Hey Forum,

I'm relatively new to the game (got it 2 days ago) and I can't seem to find a gun. Would any of you guys know good buildings, places or cities to find weapons and ammo in Chenarus?

• Like 1

Hospital. Has pistols and rarely rifles. And so many supplies! Also in a lot of buildings are hatchets which are weapons as well; crowbars too. Just rightclick them to remove them from toolbelt (right clicking them again put em back so you can have more weapons on hand :D )

The one I'm at is in NE part of the map on the main road, has tons of factory buildings around it. I believe it's Berezino (did I say it right?)

Edited by Muffinsforever

Guns can spawn in most places, however they are are rarer in some places that others. The best place would be to look in a fire station in a major town but they are also hot spots. So try deer stands, there perfect for finding the odd gun. Best tactic for me is to get a low end gun and then wait until a bandit attacks, then kill them and ill have a nice new gun :)

Deer Stands. Found so many AKMs, AK74/U, plenty of mags, a whole host of supplies and occasional backpack. Best place for finding an Alice Pack is supermarkets. I've found one every time I've entered one. NW Airfield is a goldmine if you're on a low pop server, otherwise expect to be sniped. I loved my M16 until someone sniped me - after I had saved him from a whole horde of zeds. Only downside to having lots of gear: everyone else wants to kill you for it. Definitely hit up some barns for a Lee Einfield or Hunting Shotgun, usually some slug rounds too. Occasionally a CZ 550 scoped rifle. The AKM or AK74 is your ideal low-tear, easy to get ammo/weapon to start with so good luck :D

best place and mostly safe places to find weapons are in the country there good for shotguns and rifles you can find pistols there as wells like the m9 or good supplies and ammo! :DX

Dear stands. The easiest place to find them is the airfield nearest the coast. Here's a pic:

post-94940-0-13167100-1350848001_thumb.j

Hospital. Has pistols and rarely rifles. And so many supplies! Also in a lot of buildings are hatchets which are weapons as well; crowbars too. Just rightclick them to remove them from toolbelt (right clicking them again put em back so you can have more weapons on hand :D )

The one I'm at is in NE part of the map on the main road, has tons of factory buildings around it. I believe it's Berezino (did I say it right?)

Hospitals cannot spawn weapons.

Barns is where I would find most of my guns when I first started out. The Winchester 1866 is a good starter weapon and barns can be found anywhere... they look like barns :) Welcome to the game and Happy DayZ'n

At first when I went to cherno and stuff I didn't know where to look... After a while of trial and error (me being killed, either by players or zombies) you learn how to approach, where you can't be seen from which direction etc and you learn the best possible loot spots, for example; cherno, coming from the s/e I would hit the supermarket, then the church, loot 2 out of the 4/5 pubs then hit the appartments. then I will head north from the appartments and go straight to stary.

This always ends up with me getting some decent starter loot and enough to put up a fight against other players, also, this might seem daft but playing on a server that is night time is very very fun, and can be very rewarding, zombies notice you less so you don't aggro as much and can be more loot (automatic restart = less populated = people tend to sit still in the dark.

Edited by MooneyS20

For the very start, just get a few cans of food and soda for the run. Go for red houses and barns. That will also help you learn to avoid zombies, something you will need.

If you use an external map, or have found one in game, head for Berezino. Hit the deer stands in your path, but don't go out of your way for them yet. Berezino has two supermarkets, three deer stands, a hospital and a small military camp, but most PvP players head for the higher loot density in north western air field.

Make sure to get some morphine from the hospital, and matches, knife and axe for hunting from the supermarket and barns in the countryside. These are at least as important as guns.

Tier 1: Houses and barns. In civilian spawns you will also find food and drinks, and maybe maps and such. You can then go on to tier 2.

Tier 2: Deer stands, fire stations and army tents. Clearly, the safest of these are the deer stands.

Tier 3: Army barracks (NWAF), helicopter crashes, griefers at Sniper Hill. None of these are safe, but you might get lucky and find a downed chopper around Stary or further north.

However, having a good gun is not enough in this game. You can have the best Tier 3 weapon, and still be pawned by a better player with a Tier 1 weapon. To really do well, you need to move tactically and be aware of your surroundings. You can actually pick a lot up from army handbooks, and the rest you'll find out by watching a few vids on YouTube.

Good luck!

Hospitals cannot spawn weapons.

Maybe not the hospital, but there are 4 tents in cherno next to the hospital and 2 of them tents are military. So they spawn weapons. Also the townhall enterance sometimes will spawn AK's..

I usually have ok luck with firestations or the small military camp near balota. Or even the balota airfield itself, but make sure there are NO vehicles or anything so there will be no motivation for other players to go there...

When i first started playing seeing a distant barn was always a welcome sight.  You can usually find some kind of weapon inside.

You should be able to find a hatchet at least, usually a Winnie or an Enfield and if lucky a CZ.

I hope the OP isn't still searching after all this time :P

• Like 1