wyattsgay

How do you Save in Dayz?

So far every time i play Dayz and exit the next day I will have nothing... How do you save or is this some sort of glitch??

• Like 1

...thats weird... are u playing on Dedicated legit dayZ servers or fake ones ment for ppl whove stolen the game that dont require a CD Key?

Weh.. I bought combined operations on steam. My username on steam is yohira if you want to check.. Basically I start combined operations on steam, go to six updater and then launch Dayz there. Yet everytime i start Dayz it never saves

hi i have this same issue. i bough Arma 2 combined operations on steam yesterday (took like 9 hours to download) and had myy first go of Day Z. i did alright for my first go having to go to bed before actually dying, but when i tried to save the save option is faded out, as not an option. im totally new to this game so it would be great if anyone knows what to do.

I have the same problem, save and respawn are 'greyed' out so the 4 servers I have tried all lost my games...any answers or am I going to have to post a new post.....? I cannot play if I cannot save the annoying game....??

You don't need to actually perform a save, just abort the mission and disconnect. Your character is being saved while you play. As long as you are playing on official hive servers, then everytime you log back in you will be where you left off with the gear and blood etc that you left with. If you are playing on private hive servers, then you would have to restart your character every time you join a new one. I use DayZ Commander, and there is a filter option to include or not private hive search results.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 2

Thank you so much Klesh, what I done was play a few hours, the server restarted, I did not log off back to the spawn screen, so I lost all my Beans. So that is why the ''Save'' and ''Respawn'' are ''greyed'' out in the menu then. I am using''SIX'' but I'll swap to commander now chap......Thanks again Klesh...here's my Beans......mmmmmmmm....Beans on toast.

• Like 1

It auto saves every minute or so, if you are playing on private servers/hives you will need to join the same ones as your character is only on that server usually, if you are playing on public hive servers then your character will persist across all other public hive servers too.

Thank you Smasht.....I did know that, but it's great information because it is not often apparent that you will need a ''New'' character , when you play another server. I have defected from Battlefield where it was all shiny and easy to load games. This game reminds me more of Stalker, more dirty and gritty.....often with the odd bug or two....l.o.l.

Remember this is just a mod for ARMA II so glitches exist. Don't get mad at the game, remember what it is. The Standalone will be out soon (please) and will be much easier to play.