Sign in to follow this  
NCPereira

So I can't join any server? Different Version

Hey, I just installed everything and when I go to join a server it doesn't let me! Every single server has a red cross and says that they use Version 1.62.95168 while I have 1.62

What should I do?

There is plenty servers running 1.62 bro, sort the server list according to number of players per server by clicking on the "Players" text and then one of the highly populated servers should be running 1.62

No, there aren't, I can't find any. What I also can't find is that Sort Version of yours. Mind telling me exactly where it is?

What I don't understand is, how do I have an outdated version? Is there anyway to fix this?

No, I know nothing. I just jumped into the game expecting to be able to play ROFL. All help is welcome.

Where you pick the server in the list there is a "player" column click it twice so the servers with most people are displayed at the top of the list and then pick one of the servers.

Where you pick the server in the list there is a "player" column click it twice so the servers with most people are displayed at the top of the list and then pick one of the servers.

What does that have to do with my problem? WTF

My problem is that ALL servers have version 1.62.95168 or something and I have 1.62

What does that have to do with my problem? WTF

My problem is that ALL servers have version 1.62.95168 or something and I have 1.62

because there is plenty servers running 1.62 and they all have loads of players...

did you start the game with the default icon or through steam? or with the fresh new and shiny beta launcher icon?

use the beta launcher, the other two tend to start the thandard vanilla none beta version

I'm having this issue as well. I just installed ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead and followed the steam installation guide here. When I run the game all the DayZ servers have a red X on the left and a red version number (1.62+) in the bottom right. If I click join with any server selected nothing happens. On my main menu in the bottom right it says "Version: 1.60.87580". There wasn't anything in any of the installation instructions I read about needing to update the game, and Steam should handle that automatically anyways, so what am I missing here?

Also, I downloaded the DayZ files from the SWE mirror, as the US one give me a 403 Forbidden error. Not sure if this matters.

Edited by BlacRyu

I'm having this issue as well. I just installed ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead and followed the steam installation guide here. When I run the game all the DayZ servers have a red X on the left and a red version number (1.62+) in the bottom right. If I click join with any server selected nothing happens. On my main menu in the bottom right it says "Version: 1.60.87580". There wasn't anything in any of the installation instructions I read about needing to update the game, and Steam should handle that automatically anyways, so what am I missing here?

Also, I downloaded the DayZ files from the SWE mirror, as the US one give me a 403 Forbidden error. Not sure if this matters.

You just have to update....doesnt matter if you use the Swedish mirror or the US one

You just have to update....doesnt matter if you use the Swedish mirror or the US one

Update what? I just downloaded the latest version of the DayZ files from http://armafiles.info/dayz/ using the latest.torrent, and I just downloaded ARMA 2:CO through steam, which should give me the latest version as well. There is no option to update ARMA II when I launch it.

This link is quite helpful too - http://dayz.sykotix....client-install/

I'll try this, though it's downloading at only 16 kb/s for some reason and there aren't any mirrors... Not sure why this wasn't listed in any of the installation guides I read though.

Just remember to put the DayZbeta.cmd file in your main OA folder then just double click the cmd file and it will launch the beta version of Arma2.

By default it will launch Arma2 OA in windowed mode. You can press Alt + Enter to get it to go full screen. Once in the main menu go down to the expansions option and make sure @DayZ has a green box next to it.

Oh btw, your main OA folder if using the steam version will be here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Just remember to put the DayZbeta.cmd file in your main OA folder then just double click the cmd file and it will launch the beta version of Arma2.

By default it will launch Arma2 OA in windowed mode. You can press Alt + Enter to get it to go full screen. Once in the main menu go down to the expansions option and make sure @DayZ has a green box next to it.

Oh btw, your main OA folder if using the steam version will be here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Thanks, seems to be working now.

Hey, I just installed everything and when I go to join a server it doesn't let me! Every single server has a red cross and says that they use Version 1.62.95168 while I have 1.62

What should I do?

Go into your Arma 2 Bohemia interactive folder, then expansions, then delete the Beta folder. After you have done that install a beta patch for the server you wish to join, make sure its compatible.