Sign in to follow this  
tiweb (DayZ)

Dedicated Server

is there any good guide to make my own server of arma2 i have good dedicated server and if any one can help me make one i will be happy

ps:sorry for my poor english i speak french

Edited by tiweb

That is such an overused and, pardon, stupid, reply.

Yes, you can solve 99.9% of all troubles today by using a search engine or wiki, however, constant reference to this more or less negates any use a forum would be.

A good (English) guide to setup ARMA servers in general -- not just DayZ servers -- is found at: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

The website armaholic.com does have a French forum, but it's a bit inactive -- still, you might find help in your native language there, too: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=topics&s=66

If you want to setup a DayZ Server, your best bet is applying for an instance ID with your server details at http://support.dayzmod.com/

If your server specifications are satisfactory, you will be granted an instance ID and instructions to setup a DayZ server.

• Like 1

I agree that is completly unhelpful.

I spent HOURS googling, reading wikis, looking for posts on trying to setup an ARMA2 server on Windows. Just trying to get an answer of "what are the server files I use" was annoying enough.

ARMA2 is one of the higher difficulty game servers I've played with/setup.

The Kelly's Heroes guide is the one that got me through the majority of my setup.

The high level steps to install ARMA2:

1. Install full ARMA2 game with dedicated server file (can do this through steam, or from retail CD key)
  2. Modification of step 1 is you can copy the files from your install, and fudge some registry keys
  3. Configure ARMA2 (there are instructions for this on the Kelly's Heroes site, the ARMA2 Wiki, and in the documentation for DayZ after you get approved)
  4. Signup at support.dayzmod.com and register for a server
  5. Once approved, follow the instructions provided
  6. Happy Surviving!

That is such an overused and, pardon, stupid, reply.

Yes, you can solve 99.9% of all troubles today by using a search engine or wiki, however, constant reference to this more or less negates any use a forum would be.

@n156180

thats the first search result if you click my link

@n156180

thats the first search result if you click my link

I realize that, but it is still not very helpful to act that way.

You see, I can generally sympathize with the idea behind lmgtfy because I recognize that there are a lot of people that just ask very obvious questions that could and should be answered by googling; however, the function of a forum is the providing of more substantial and extensive help. This isn't twitter, where you are forced to write 140 character replies or facebook, where your answer will be swamped by thousands of other answers.

Furthermore, this question isn't quite of that sort. While his immediate issue might be solved by quickly googling he might hit road bumps that require him to come back and ask again -- and yes, most of those could probably be answered by googling, too, but why not be a little bit helpful?

I always thought forums are ment for solving issues that cant be googled within 5 seconds

and in addition there are like 100 threads about "how to setup a dayz server"

and only 1-2 are good, so why dont link to them instead of replying to each topic with just a few information

I always thought forums are ment for solving issues that cant be googled within 5 seconds

and in addition there are like 100 threads about "how to setup a dayz server"

and only 1-2 are good, so why dont link to them instead of replying to each topic with just a few information

Why don't you link them instead of being an arrogant prick about it. No need to be a jerk.

I spent more than 5 minutes googling to try and setup and optimize a server. The majority of my time was trying to wrap my head around the idea that this isnt a standard game server. ARMA2 servers are setup, optimized, and maintained somewhat differently.

Who knows, maybe this guy spent a bunch of time looking for stuff, but can't find any good resources. It really is a large amount of disorganized information on how to setup and host an ARMA2 server, then you have the "DayZ server" question.

Cool your beans dude. Chill out and try to be nice to the noobies. Don't need snide and passive aggressive attitudes in this forum when someone asks a simple question. Especially when this forum category doesn't have a sticky for resources that new server owners can use to get started.

they are linked inside your instance id email

but w/e im out here :) topic is cleared anyway

they are linked inside your instance id email

but w/e im out here :) topic is cleared anyway

Yeah great if you managed to get an instance ID before you started setting up your ARMA2 server. I'm sure many people want to start installing ARMA2 while waiting the 1-15 days it takes to get an Instance ID.

Just at the end of the day, you don't need to be a jerk.

Edited by Sna.ke

is there any good guide to make my own server of arma2 i have good dedicated server and if any one can help me make one i will be happy

ps:sorry for my poor english i speak french

There is a text file that is included with the server files. There is also link to bit for updated and easier to read one as well. If you still have problems, I can lend a hand over teamveiwer, as I manage a dedicated server.