Frozen (DayZ)

appropriate mouse controls

Since DayZ is FFO death match game, its kinda hard for me to kill someone due to how bad mouse controls are:

axes doesnt match

looking up is faster then moving down

x axis is way to slow even doubled then ingame setting allows you.

and other shit.

such bad control can only be encountered in console ports, but arma 2 isnt a console port.

I know that fucked up mouse controls are arma 2 thing, and it wont be fixed(3 years since release and still same crap) any time soon. but can we expect appropriate controls for PC shooter in standalone game?

• Like 1

You should consider setting the pre-rendered frames down to 1 in your config file, if you suffer from mouse lag. It is mouse lag right?

Since DayZ is FFO death match game, its kinda hard for me to kill someone due to how bad mouse controls are:

axes doesnt match

looking up is faster then moving down

x axis is way to slow even doubled then ingame setting allows you.

and other shit.

such bad control can only be encountered in console ports, but arma 2 isnt a console port.

I know that fucked up mouse controls are arma 2 thing, and it wont be fixed(3 years since release and still same crap) any time soon. but can we expect appropriate controls for PC shooter in standalone game?

I suffer from none of the mouse issues you describe and I use low sense settings, e.g. 18" mouse pad and 1 swipe from side to side represents 360 degress in game. Y axis up/down is perfectly scaled to the X axis movement (both are the same) so not sure what you're talking about.

I have my ingame mouse settings X/Y bars completely to the left, in other words, you can't see the bars because they're all the way left or OFF/as low as they'll go. Using a Razor Death Adder and NOT using the mouses on-the-fly sensitivity settings at all to adjust.

Yeah, ATI vid card, set .cfg file 2 settings for "Pre rendered frames" to 1.

Nvidia card, pull up the Nvidia control panel and locate the BETA Arma OA exe in the Expansion folder. Select that .exe and set Nvidia CP "Maximum Pre Rendered Frames" from the default "3" to "1" or "0".

Works fine here running 5760x1200, All settings = Very High, Post Processing = OFF or Low (either), Anti Aliasing = Low (2x), Video Card Memory = DEFAULT. FXAA for Nvidia cards both set to 0 in .cfg file.

Set launch options for game in Six Launcher or launch shortcut to "-winxp -nosplash -nopause"

The only thing that changed for me on Windows 7 with DX 11 video card with the -winxp launch option was the "wierd" HDR brightening/dimming you experience when you run around the forest is gone. Everything else looks the same and the lighting is great.

FXAA has a tad better frame rate than AA = Low (2x) but AA=Low looks much better in game.

I have had some mouse lag and lag frames on "SOME" servers but its because of either game bug or the server is not running enough fps. Solution, switch servers or try different ones. Most high player count servers are lag-less when it comes to framerate and mouse.

Edited by Cinnabuns

I use the default mouse settings and im moving faster than i wouldl iek to with the mosue i think this might be a bug with your mouse/other thing than the game. On newer gaming mouses (if you have one) you can turn the sensitivity of the mosue up on the mouse as well.

Edited by Dub Impact

i`ve set max prerendered frames to 1 and still not it. axes still not match and looking up/down is kinda choppy.

even though there is some tinkering that i`m missing, will solve this issue, this is not how controls for PC game have to be

also id like too see separate settings for normal view and iron sight, in the standalone game.

Edited by Frozen

i`ve set max prerendered frames to 1 and still not it. axes still not match and looking up/down is kinda choppy.

even though there is some tinkering that i`m missing, will solve this issue, this is not how controls for PC game have to be

also id like too see separate settings for normal view and iron sight, in the standalone game.

The games controls are fine.

You need to sort yOUr setup, sort your mouse, check your fps, lower settings to get a fluid configuration, whatever, with your hardware. Its not the game.

"also id like too see separate settings for normal view and iron sight, in the standalone game."

Oh, so along with blaming the game for your setup issues you also have improvements for the game? Well done!... some people...

The games controls are fine.

You need to sort yOUr setup, sort your mouse, check your fps, lower settings to get a fluid configuration, whatever, with your hardware. Its not the game.

"also id like too see separate settings for normal view and iron sight, in the standalone game."

Oh, so along with blaming the game for your setup issues you also have improvements for the game? Well done!... some people...

and what can be wrong with 90-100 fps? this is the only game(except shitty console ports) that has issue with mouse controls.

when i set x and y to the same value i wont for them to feel the same, which game doesnt do.

Set mouse smoothing in options to lowest helps alot.

smoothing is set to 0. still not working as expected

I have to use mouse smoothing or I get a lot of Jitter with it on 0. With mouse smoothing it feels ok though. I also have Vsync Off, maybe try that? Even though I hate " Screen tearing" in games, the stutter/input problems that Vsync cause make me turn it off in Arma.

I have to use mouse smoothing or I get a lot of Jitter with it on 0. With mouse smoothing it feels ok though. I also have Vsync Off, maybe try that? Even though I hate " Screen tearing" in games, the stutter/input problems that Vsync cause make me turn it off in Arma.

i`ve set vsync off and smoothing to almost minimal and aiming became acceptable still awkward but better. it seems its the best it can be.

but anyway, i hope in standalone game mouse controls will become appropriate for PC shooter like in PAYDAY:The Heist, Left 4 Dead etc..

without tinkering with graphical settings. and with option to set sensitivity for free view and iron sights.