Fraggle (DayZ)

M16A4 ACOG vs M4A3 CC0

I'm a big fan of assault rifles (never been much of a sniper) and at the moment I'm having a tough time choosing between these two. I was using the M16A4 for a few days and it's good all rounder.

I've just found an M4A3 CCO and haven't used it much yet. If any of you guy's have opinions on which you would prefer then fire away (mwahaha). I'm all yours.

P.S - Someone told me the torch attachment on the M4A3 doesn't work, anyone got it working?

• Like 1

The M4A3 CCO is probably the best medium range assault rifle in the game, it has zero recoil and it's pretty accurate + the holo sight makes aiming easy.

Torch works...

I've used the acog and the Cco... Different rifles for different purposes...

Acog is more of a longer range rifle, (out to 800m) while the cco is more suited to close in engagements due to no zoom and full auto

Torch on the CCO works, it must be nighttime tho. I think it has a laser designator too, but that is useless in DayZ obviously.

I've never stumbled accros M16A4 which is weird because I have about 280 hours on the game

The M4A3 CCO on the other hand is probably the best PvP weapon in the game, if it's shot in shorter bursts, it's fairly accurate even on longer ranges (200-300m)

Ok, cheers for the quick feedback guys. I'm gonna be testing the M4 over the next few days. One problem I have is I've set up a camp to the west. and have to cross about 5k of open flat terrain to get there. It's fine when I'm with a sniper but on my own have been relying on the ACOG sight and the range of the M16 so thats why it's been tough deciding.

Also, thx for letting me know the torch works, that could seal the deal.

P.S - what was that about a laser pointer?

M14 CCO is better though, a bit harder to find ammo for it

I just swapped out my ammo from the M16? And have 20 mags at my camp. Cheers though.

I love the M16A4 ACOG I found it once though... M4A3 has a flashlight you can use too

Torch on the CCO works, it must be nighttime tho. I think it has a laser designator too, but that is useless in DayZ obviously.

I've never stumbled accros M16A4 which is weird because I have about 280 hours on the game

The M4A3 CCO on the other hand is probably the best PvP weapon in the game, if it's shot in shorter bursts, it's fairly accurate even on longer ranges (200-300m)

Laser pointer works if you have NVGs. So it's not useless.

I currently use the m4a3 CCO and love it. Good range, good rate of fire, very accurate with single shots. Ammo is easy to find, and btw cco stands for close combat optics. Its just a holo optic with red dot. Acog is same concept just with 1.5x zoom but do go higher. Not sure what it is in game.

Sweet, in that case, I'm sold.

I currently use the m4a3 CCO and love it. Good range, good rate of fire, very accurate with single shots. Ammo is easy to find, and btw cco stands for close combat optics. Its just a holo optic with red dot. Acog is same concept just with 1.5x zoom but do go higher. Not sure what it is in game.

I think my ACOG was fixed at x4 magnification which is fine at range but really restricts your field of view at closer ranges.

yes but what would you use laser pointer in DayZ for?

The M4A1 CCO Camo SD is my favorite. It's got great damage, nice accuracy, and best of all, it's silent.

Yes it is, because it doesn't work.

The pointer only works on the L85.

yes but what would you use laser pointer in DayZ for?

Pointing out enemy positions to your team mates for one.

In Arma, the night battles used to look bloody amazing with tracers, lasers and all sorts kicking off. It had laser beacons too for marking positions.

Edited by Fraggle

If anyone can confirm if the pointer works since the update, that'd be cool.

M16 is slightly more accurate, however can't aim down sights in CQB effectively. The CCO is alright, but at range the dot is too big to be effective.