pr0jectbadass

No servers show up

I believe I've installed everything correctly with my amazon version of arma 2. I see dayz at the top right of my menu screen. When I go to multiplayer no servers show up. No dayz or regular servers.

HEEEEEELP!

Ensure that you have selected Internet in the bottom left corner of your screen, not LAN ;).

I have done that. I have also tried to entered the address for someone's remote server and got nothing, not even a password prompt.

I believe I've installed everything correctly with my amazon version of arma 2. I see dayz at the top right of my menu screen. When I go to multiplayer no servers show up. No dayz or regular servers.

HEEEEEELP!

Let's see.

First, ensure you're running it with elevated permissions (ie: as an administrator).

Second, while running it, alt-tab out of the game and ensure Windows Firewall isn't requesting permissions to allow ArmA2OA.exe to access the Internet. If it is requesting permission, grant it.

Third, if that doesn't work, there's always the uninstall - cold boot - reinstall - cold boot - repeat steps one and two trick (a/k/a the Best Buy Geek Squad fix-all solution, "have you tried rebooting your computer).

Fourth, if all that doesn't work, check the integrity of the files themselves with an MD5 checksum. If it comes to that, I can generate a checksum of my files and compare them to yours, and we can go from there.

1 check. 2 check. Guess I'll have to try 3 and 4. Is it worth noting that I don't get any servers when booting up regular arma 2 ops with no dayz mod?

1 check. 2 check. Guess I'll have to try 3 and 4. Is it worth noting that I don't get any servers when booting up regular arma 2 ops with no dayz mod?

Actually, before dragging yourself through a pointlessly frustrating experience, can you check to see if you can see servers when directly listening for them?

In the server browser screen, click REMOTE.

When it asks you for an IP, copy and paste this one: 74.91.119.196

You can leave the port as it is.

You should, if it works correctly, see my servers there. This will help narrow down the problem.

Didn't work. Still shows absolutely nothing.

Well at least now we know the problem is local to your network and not a problem between you and the GameSpy master server list.

Ok. First make sure all your Filters are completely clear in the server browser. If that doesn't clear it up' date=' go into your Windows Firewall control and remove the permissions for ArmA2OA.exe (remove them, don't just uncheck the box.) Now fully re-add them by directing firewall to the executable again.

Last, try opening up the ports ArmA 2 uses. It shouldn't make a difference, but what the hell. If you don't know how to do this, find your router here. Follow the instructions provided to get to your router's port settings. Open ports 2302 and 2305 to UDP (or open 2302 - 2305 as a range, in UDP).

Are you behind any sort of other network? Or have any wonky user or permission settings otherwise?

I'm not behind another network. Nothing wonky. I never have trouble connecting to anything. I've tried all of that so far except opening up those ports. I'll give that a try now.

I deleted both permissions and created a new one for udp/tdp. Then I created one for my dayz shortcut executable. And then I created one for arma2oaservers.exe for shits and giggles.

Could it have something to do with Battleye?

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall everything and see if I can see any servers before I mess with modding.

After reinstalling and patching to 1.6 I can see servers including dayz servers. I'll install the mod as soon as I have time and hope it works.

Hi, I'm having the same problems as pr0jectbadass; the only difference being I bought and installed Arma2 through steam. I've tried all of the other suggestions even completely disabling my firewall but still no servers show. NONE. I tried to connect remotely using the IP you provided and some servers showed up. I was also able to connect to them but wasn't ideal with ping etc. Any suggestions on what it could be from here?

I finally got it working...although I haven't tried to get into a server yet, but at least I see them. I uninstalled both versions of Arma II and then deleted every other trace I could find of it with out going into the registry. Reinstalled and did everything step by step again and this time it worked. The only real difference I can think of is that I used the updated DayZ files that came out within that last 24 hours.

Try that I guess.

Mod is SUPER BADASS. That's what I thought 30 seconds in.

I bought the game yesterday and I haven't been able to see any servers either. I've tried everything in this thread including "delete local content" on Steam and reinstalling. When I typed in 74.91.119.196 earlier this morning I could see two games, but now when I try I don't see anything.

I bought the game yesterday and I haven't been able to see any servers either. I've tried everything in this thread including "delete local content" on Steam and reinstalling. When I typed in 74.91.119.196 earlier this morning I could see two games' date=' but now when I try I don't see anything.

[/quote']

It's really not ideal but you can use this in the mean time.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Thanks for that, it's good enough for me!

Although now a whole new set of problems have arisen. When I try to join any game after typing in the IP address, I go through the downloading of content and loading and everything and then I get this in the chat: "You are missing the following Mod: CBA_Main". Then, on my screen it says "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact Day Z staff."

I tried installing CBA, but I definitely did it wrong. I have since removed all files and I don't know what to do. A step by step guide on this would be appreciated... Everything I try and all directions I find don't work.

Not sure if I should start a new topic for this one or keep it here. Any help is appreciated!