Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy92 (DayZ)

Just rented a server, need guidance trough Rcon

Hello, I just bought rented a server.

I downloaded Rcon trough this page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye#RCon

It is only a command prompt.

-First of all, is this the right program?

I created a beserver.cfg in my C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye with the following commands.

RConPassword password

MaxPing 200

When i try to loggin to my server, i get Could not connect to server

Any ideas?

In my Vilayer server its named BEServer_active_35ee.cfg

In the crappy HFB one its named BEServer_active_70e3.cfg and the beserver.cfg is there and blank

Should the rcon autogenerate a cfg file? Or is it to be created myself?

Can anyone give me a direct link to a functionable rcon download? Not sure if i even have the right rcon at this point.

Edit: Does the server need to be online for Rcon to connect to it?

Edited by dannyboy92

The RCon password should be in your battleye folder. Look for the battleye config. The RCon password in your server config is different and allows for admin logins while you're on your server, this password will not work for RCon.

I recommend using the following RCon program:

https://dev-heaven.n...8/ArmA2RCon.zip

The GUI is pretty straight forward. Make sure you're connecting to the right ip and port (should be the same you use to connect to the game in ARMA). Finally, as stated before, make sure you're using the password defined in the BE config file, NOT the server.cfg file. I hope this information helps. Good luck!

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

My server provider told me to change my server name in the configuration of the server, and then just start it. And so i did, the server is now running.

I cannot find my server in the sixlauncher, and i cannot logg in to it trough my Rcon.

Do i need to sign up a server trough support.dayzmod.com when its hosted by a firm? www.multigamers.no

Or do i need to manually select a mission somehow?

Any guidelines are much appreciated!

@Dannyboy92 sometimes with new servers they dont show up in the six launcher until someone joins it. so you will need to manually connect to it via entering the ip in Arma 2, once you are on your server it should start to show up in the sixlauncher

I figured it out, it hadd an outdated version of the Battleye. My hoster figured it out.

Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated!

Somehow people are logging in as admins and teleporting everyone on my server to the thunderdome????

Somehow people are logging in as admins and teleporting everyone on my server to the thunderdome????

I've heard some people are hijacking threads too.