Sign in to follow this  
Gazdawg

How does the loot system work in Dayz

Hey guys, I'm just curious in how the loot system works in this game, major cities some times ill go through and items will respawn and change after i leave for 30 minutes and then come back, but then there is times mainly later on in the night , like between 10 and 12 at night I seem to run through cities and there will be nothing to loot like not even empty tin cans in major loot spots, So I was just wondering if anyone knows how it all works and if its meant to working like that.........also is loot server based? as I have been in a major city and jumped servers to see if the loot is different and the loot would be the same every place would be empty..cheers

Loot is generated by the server and if i recall correctly, is generated when you come within spawn range (300m or so).

Jumping servers near a loot location will delete any loot nearby where you log in, I believe. This may have been changed or yada blah blah, but that used to be how server hopping for massive loot was discouraged. There also seems to be a semi-known bug where loot just doesn't spawn sometimes. Might be a bug with the initiation range or something but it's hard to tell.

• Like 1