Sign in to follow this  
Stry423

Best Video settings for Dayz?

What are the best video settings for Dayz? Would you mind posting em here or do one better and add screen shot.

• Like 1

Here's my specs:

Windows 7

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz

8 GB Ram

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Edited by Stry423

use a program like Fraps to display your fps, and play with the options to see what helps. turning off AA and PP seems to help most people. turning the shadows from normal to high actually gave me a performance boost

antialiasing off

ansiotropic very high

video memory default

Set your 3d resolution to your monitor

Turn post processing OFF

everything else to high.

Set gamma/brightness as needed for time of day.

use a program like Fraps to display your fps, and play with the options to see what helps. turning off AA and PP seems to help most people. turning the shadows from normal to high actually gave me a performance boost

antialiasing off

ansiotropic very high

video memory default

Set your 3d resolution to your monitor

Turn post processing OFF

everything else to high.

Set gamma/brightness as needed for time of day.

I will try both of these, see what my fps is.

The best as far as I concerned comes from the hard-coded sharpen strength of FXAA 2 with a level of 4.

PPAA=2;

Sharpness over fuzzy any day.

You should just be able to max the settings.

very few systems can run this game at "max settings" and maintain a good framerate. I doubt a i5 760 and a GTX 560ti could do it

I have 560 Ti, Q9550 @ 3.8, and I can run it almost on high in 1080p but AA off, PP off and VS off. FPS 40-80

Edited by Clasius

I have 560 Ti, Q9550 @ 3.8, and I can run it almost on high in 1080p but AA off, PP off and VS off. FPS 40-80

Clasius your system is what the new aa setup is designed for,,,

http://community.bis.../wiki/arma2.cfg

for your system try

PPAA=2;

PPAA_Level=3;

keep AA off in game. Cheers good luck.

EDIT:

WARNING this setting was removed in 1.61 beta as deprecated

Never mind... :(

Edited by TomWilson

So I seem to be getting 60-80fps in woodlands and around 40+fps in towns.

...If you OC your CPU it will increase some FPS, maybe. I OC'd my CPU from 2.8 to 3.8 and I got about 10 FPS up!

Here's my specs:

Windows 7

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz

8 GB Ram

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I hate you. I'm still on a 8800GT OC. Get about 26-35FPS which drops to 15FPS every few seconds when moving.

...If you OC your CPU it will increase some FPS, maybe. I OC'd my CPU from 2.8 to 3.8 and I got about 10 FPS up!

CPU 95% of the time has very little to do with game performance. Assuming you have a decent one.

CPU 95% of the time has very little to do with game performance. Assuming you have a decent one.

It's measurable in benchmark.

• Like 1

I get 60fps 95% of the time when roaming, or if I've been playing long it drops slightly, dunno why really. In towns, I get around 35-40fps. This is at 1920x1080p. All settings set to high except AA and PP off, and I believe shadows is set for normal.

My rig:

CPU: Intel i7 2600K Sandy bridge (Running at around 4.4Ghz)

GPU: MSI "Twin Frozr" 448-core GTX 560 Ti *1280mb 320 bit GDDR5*

Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866

120g SSD for Arma II / DayZ

1.5 TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD

Edited by KField86

I basically have the same setup as you, just a OC'd GTX570 and an Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz (stock) in stead, which should even put me significantly above in performance.

In the wilderness it seems to be fine (haven't checked actual fps) but sometimes it seems to dip into 30's. This is with post-proccessing off, HDR on normal, 1920x1080, and everything else on high. Over time it decreased, until I reboot the game again.

However in cherno/elektro it gets down to like 20-30 and keeps decreasing the longer I am there, making it pretty much unplayable. When I run out into the wilderness again performance is decreased until I reboot the game. Lowering video settings does not help.

Every other game performs well (Playing BF3 on high/ultra with pretty much steady 40-60fps), but I just can't seem to get stable performance on this.

If some of you guys who have performance adequate for your hardware could post your entire .cfg file and say what modifications you've done if any, I would be grateful.

Edited by Fryseboks