Sign in to follow this  
Skirata

How long does a dead body last?

How long until your dead body disappears? Killed by zombies if that is a factor...

My understanding is that the server goes through a dead body sweep regularly, like 15-20 minutes? Which means every 15-20 minutes all the dead bodies are wiped, no matter how long ago they timed. Which is why sometimes you'll kill someone and they will almost instantly vanish, while sometimes they linger for a lot longer.

That is just what I've been told, I could be wrong.

Well if that is true, then its definitely longer than just 20 minutes. I've babysat my friends dead bodies before for more than 45 minutes sometimes.

THE BODY WILL REMAIN UNTIL YOU RESPAWN MORE THAN ONCE. UP TO 7 HOURS!

This is fact. I believe... it could be rumor that I believed to be fact. Respawning more than once IS CONFIRMED to delete an old corpse. So don't try to search for a better spawn point if you want to find your body.

thanks guys,

@Caviano: wish you said that sooner, man :P

This is fact. I believe... it could be rumor that I believed to be fact. Respawning more than once IS CONFIRMED to delete an old corpse. So don't try to search for a better spawn point if you want to find your body.

This is also false. My friend respawned numerous times until he found a favorable location to get to his body. He also switched servers, then came back.

I have proven that not to be true.