Sign in to follow this  
FreeWayy

MK12

Is the MK12 an actual gun in DayZ? i cant find any information on it. neither on the wiki, nor anywhere else.

im asking because i have one in my inventory, along with 210 rounds for it. i looted it off someone i found near cherno.

Edited by FreeWayy

I'm fairly certain that gun is not legitimate and was spawned in by someone using scripts. I don't think you can be banned for using hacked weapons because only scripters are banned (or so I've heard).

I'd drop it, I've heard stories about people being banned for using them...? Are they true idk... are they hackers trying to get unbanned... maybe. I'd drop it just incase though ^^

id drop it in the ocean and get rid of it.. its a hacked weapon

^ also that. If you die it just goes into the hands of the next person.

And it's not right having a hacked weapon.

Edited by LT.Sacred

how is it not right? i found it just like i wouldve found any other gun and i doubt its any better than the ingame guns.

Its not right because it is not meant to be there. It was dropped / spawned by a hacker therefore it is not a legit weapon. Any kills you get with it are also not a legit kill :) Does not matter if it is any better or worse than any of the in game guns.

• Like 1

how is it not right? i found it just like i wouldve found any other gun and i doubt its any better than the ingame guns.

Well, if you keep it and die with the weapon, someone might think that YOU are the hacker and report you ;)

I killed a guy who was shooting at my friends. So i ran around him and shot him in the back head He had NV, M9 SD, Lots of mags and the MK 12 you are talking about. I will now drop it. I have been looking for a tread like this.

My server admin actively bans anyone using a hacked weapon.

He doesn't care if you spawned it in or not.

If he sees you using such a gun in the log, he bans your arse and sends your information to every other server admin he knows.

I quite like my server admin.

Hello there

put it into the gear of a Zed and then "hide body".

That ensures it's gone.

You can continue using it, but it may result in you getting local bans from server admins that frown on the use of spawned in items.

Also, if you believe it's not better than any other gun then there's no point keeping it is there?

Ditch it. It may not be the law, but it's the right thing to do.

rgds

LoK

You don't understand why it's not right to have a HACKED weapon?

SMH

My server admin actively bans anyone using a hacked weapon.

He doesn't care if you spawned it in or not.

If he sees you using such a gun in the log, he bans your arse and sends your information to every other server admin he knows.

I quite like my server admin.

I do the same. :) Like your AS50 TWS? Use it on another server. :D

• Like 2

People whine about it but I will ban for hacked guns on my server as they provide an unfair advantage and I think if you're going to whine about in the I get a delicious glass of tears and and satisfaction that I banned someone (almost) as bad as a hacker them self. It's still hacked and still usually extremely overpowered

• Like 2

I have an Mk12 SPR in my inventory as well. Looted it off of a dead guy near the tracks in komarovo. buzzing flies, and i did think it was quite peculiar that it came with 6 clips, and almost nothing else of import. well, it had civvy clothes some food, and all including a coyote backpack(Score! right?) but i too went searching for info. not on the site, so i searched elsewhere brought me here. All moral judgements aside, it took EXTREME fortune to come across it, over the entire land, at the right time and such.That being said, i will keep it until i find a suitable replacement. That ALSO being said, i continue to use my trusty, rusty hatchet because big loud guns are big and LOUD. Yay for stealth. ;)

Some private hives have it enabled probably, but I have never found one. If it is a hive server, it is 110% hacked in and you should drop that shit like its hot or risk getting banned. Not even joking, a friend of mine got banned because he was fooling around with a hacker taking hacked guns from ammo crates. You wont get banned every time, but when you do you will regret it just like my buddy did. I told him not to fuck about with hackers but he did and he suffered the concequences!

btw I have never found an Mk12 on a private hive, but I have found plenty on skiddies and ammobox whores.

I think you might be forgetting one scenrio were it might be ok. If the server admin decided to put it into his/her server, and it happens been on plenty of server and seen a lot of them do it, then the admin dies, bahm you stumble across a great find and the admin should not bitch about it at all. Banning someone in that situation should get the admin banned themselves and not the player.

We have the Mk12 SPR on our server, it's private hive and you don't need to download any files, just a trick to swap 1 weapon spawn with another. We have a few SCAR guns and M8's as well, even the VSS.

This again goes into the server of which you play one, Admins can put any weapon in the game into the loot tables, I'd ask your admin if it is or not. If not put it on a body and hide it

• Like 1

This again goes into the server of which you play one, Admins can put any weapon in the game into the loot tables, I'd ask your admin if it is or not. If not put it on a body and hide it

Well it depends, I dunno if there's a way to add weapons without forcing the public to download a file, but we figured out a way that we are able to say when the Mp5 spawns in, instead it replaces it with another spawn of our choice which on our servers case it's the Bizon (non SD).

Like others have said that this only is in private hives. I found one in a chopper crash a few days ago.

With DayZ.ST there is a custom load out editor through which you can add non-spawning weapons to your own or other players' inventories. The Mk12 happens to be one of those addable weapons that does not require Rmod to use in game. As for the weapon itself, I do not care for it. Too many other weapons of similar damage have both the ACOG/DMR type scope and a close range sight.

Not a legit weapon on classic DayZ, but it's available on a bunch of private servers. You might get banned from the server you're playing on if it's not legit.

It's a nice weapon, hardly game-breaking like an AS50 TWS is, so if you can live with the chance of getting banned from that particular server, keep it and enjoy it while it lasts.