liamcz@hotmail.com

Arma 2 oa has stopped working - crash to desktop: FIXED!!

Many of my friends, and a lot of other people on the forums have been having this issue, when you go to join a game and once it gets passed the tank loading screen it crashes. I tried for about 4 hours to fix this, as many different ways I possibly could. I finally found a solution.

First: Navigate to your "arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/BattlEye" folder. Following this, run the uninstall.exe

Now the folder should be deleted. Go back to the "Expansion" folder and delete the "beta" folder.

once this is done, go to your arma 2 folder and uninstall BattlEye here too. This is found in arma 2/BattlEye.

Once you have deleted your beta folder and uninstalled both BattlEye's in arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead, download the latest beta patch (however I think it's a little shifty at the moment, so 94876 will do). Now run the Beta .exe and it should stop at 3% and ask you to install BattleEye - do so. Once BattleEye is installed, complete the installation of the beta patch and you're ready to go!

Good luck!

**EDIT**

Go to your arma 2 oa folder > open Expansion > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe

Go to your arma 2 folder > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe (if it isn't there, don't worry about it)

Run the game with (the beta should still be installed - doesn't matter what one)

Try to join a server - you should get stuck at either Loading or Wait for Host - this is normal

Close the game and go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion and delete the beta.

Download and install beta patch 94700

It will ask you to install BattleEye, do so.

Go into your arma 2 folder > go into BEsetup and run the .exe

Go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion> beta and copy the BattleEye folder (DO NOT CUT OR DELETE IT - YOU ARE MAKING TWO COPY'S OF IT).

Paste the BattleEye folder in the main arma 2 oa directory.

Open arma 2 oa and join a NORMAL arma game. Any will do, as long as it is NOT DayZ and it has BattlEye active.

Once in, abort and close the game.

Download and install beta patch 94876 and install it.

Open arma 2 oa and join a DayZ game.

Edited by Rammfisch
  • Like 19

Now me and 2 friends, who all did the same thing to cock it up in the first place are the only ones who tested this, so don't sue me if it doesn't work XD But I'm trying my hardest.

Also, if this happens again, or if you cannot find your BattleEye folder in the arma 2 folder, go into steam > right click on Arma 2 > click Properties > Click Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Rammfisch, do you and your friends use six launcher for this? Or manual? if manual, how the fuck do you update Combined operations to 1.61

Rammfisch, do you and your friends use six launcher for this? Or manual? if manual, how the fuck do you update Combined operations to 1.61

This is manual. I have never used Six Updater. Firsto of all, do you have the beta installed? I assume so, but which one? If it's 94700 or below, that is 1.60 94876 and above is 1.61

Download them here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ then just run the .exe

I installed 94876, im reinstlaling arma atm

I runned the updater but when i start combined operations it says im still at patch 1.60.87580. How do i update combined operations.

Also, i can't find your name in skype. Add b00m667

I clicked the beta patch shortcut to start operations, now im not stuck at host, now im crashing again.

THIS HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE TOP OF THE THREAD

Ok, here's what to do now. in steps:

Go to your arma 2 oa folder > open Expansion > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe

Go to your arma 2 folder > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe (if it isn't there, don't worry about it)

Run the game with (the beta should still be installed - doesn't matter what one)

Try to join a server - you should get stuck at either Loading or Wait for Host - this is normal

Close the game and go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion and delete the beta.

Download and install beta patch 94700

It will ask you to install BattleEye, do so.

Go into your arma 2 folder > go into BEsetup and run the .exe

Go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion> beta and copy the BattleEye folder (DO NOT CUT OR DELETE IT - YOU ARE MAKING TWO COPY'S OF IT).

Paste the BattleEye folder in the main arma 2 oa directory.

Open arma 2 oa and join a NORMAL arma game. Any will do, as long as it is NOT DayZ and it has BattlEye active.

Once in, abort and close the game.

Download and install beta patch 94876 and install it.

Open arma 2 oa and join a DayZ game.

This SHOULD work. Try it, if it doesn't I'll see what I can do. This will work best with people NOT using six launcher. Not sure if It works with six launcher - but it does regularly.

Edited by Rammfisch

Following instructions now, though came across a problem:

- Cannot install beta patch 94700 because I'm using the 1.61 version and they aren't compatible.

I just used the 94876 beta patch instead and went from there. I'm on the step where I need to join a normal ARMA game and will post with results when I've finished all the steps.

--

All done and it worked. Thanks for the help!

Edited by aimosal

- Cannot install beta patch 94700 because I'm using the 1.61 version and they aren't compatible.

I just used the 94876 beta patch instead and went from there. I'm on the step where I need to join a normal ARMA game and will post with results when I've finished all the steps.

--

No problem :) Spent a few hours putting it all together and fixing error after error XD Good to see it did some good. Would be nice if it could be pinned so others could see it, but I doubt that'll happen :P

Mine still crashes after doing this :(

When does it crash? Is it once you join the server and the loading with the tank screen is done and then it crashes? Because if so, my method should 100% work. Just make sure you follow each step properly. If you're not sure of a step, just ask.

Hi Rammfisch!

Thank you so much. It was THE solution working. I really thought i will get crazy because i didn't manage to get it working.

Edit: If it isnt working for you (i got the steam version) Additional i think you have to remove a battleye file located in User\Appda\Local\Arma2\BattlEye

I cannot really confirm it, but what i can confirm that the file i deleted was 100kb and the new one created after using Rammfisch's fix was 93kb. So if it does not work for you try it out

(Sorry english is not my native language ^_^)

Have a nice day!

Spirtreader

:D

Edited by Spiritreader

Hi Rammfisch!

Thank you so much. It was THE solution working. I really thought im gonna get crazy because i didn't manage to get it working.

:D

No problem :) Glad to be of help. If you see anyone else with this problem, just link them to this thread.

Didn't work, i couldn't even join a normal game. can you add me on skype ramm so you can see what i do.

Skype name is b00m667

Edited by b00m666

--

I had this same problem but mine didnt work...

When does it crash? Is it once you join the server and the loading with the tank screen is done and then it crashes? Because if so, my method should 100% work. Just make sure you follow each step properly. If you're not sure of a step, just ask.

I connect to the server. Click play/join whatever, it loads. After the load completes. It crashes.

Also crashes withpatch 94700

Edited by memske