Jacques DeCock

DayZ crash to desktop "Arma 2 OA has stopped working"

My problem is after a few minutes into the game, the game just freezes, crashes to the desktop, and windows is trying to resolve an error with the game. I've already performed the standard troubleshooting procedures like "checking integrity of game cache" or "keeping dayz files up-to-date." These don't seem to be working and I would love some help on this issue. I have a very capable computer so it is not hardware related.

Im having the same problems also, once i get past the second tank loading screen the game crashes to the desktop. Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT* Just wanted to add, this only happens when trying to connect to a DayZ server, I can launch the game normally and join a server. Also i have done troubleshooting also, nothing seems to work.

Edited by oconnormatt38

Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye (If steam)

And run the uninstallBE (Your crash is related to the BEClient.DLL crashing. After you uninstall that, right click on OA in steam and click "Install BE Client."

That resolved a few of my users issues.

ya i tried reinstalling BE same problem, I cant just let it sit either, it closes automatically once bar comes up, cant stop it, im going to try to reinstall again too, i'll report back.

Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye (If steam)

And run the uninstallBE (Your crash is related to the BEClient.DLL crashing. After you uninstall that, right click on OA in steam and click "Install BE Client."

That resolved a few of my users issues.

Appears to have fixed the problem for me, thanks for the suggestion!

[Edit]

nvm, game still crashes

Edited by Jacques DeCock

God this is so fucking annoying. Can't play all day

nope.

Edited by b00m666

Just a note to all of you having this issue: I've tried pretty much everything I have come across as a suggested fix for this and I am still unable to play.

The only two options i have are 1) I can play with the newest build and get stuck on waiting for host, or 2) I can play with a previous build and crash on the loading screen when joining the game.

Just a note to all of you having this issue: I've tried pretty much everything I have come across as a suggested fix for this and I am still unable to play.

The only two options i have are 1) I can play with the newest build and get stuck on waiting for host, or 2) I can play with a previous build and crash on the loading screen when joining the game.

The thing is, I can actually play for a few minutes but then it just crashes. No "fix" appears to be working so I guess I'll just have to wait it out until the next patch.

I was playing last night and was working just fine, but now I seem to be having the same problem. I Tried re-installing battleEye with no improvement. Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

fixed. Was running fraps and playclaw at once, causing it to crash. Probably not your problem tho :P

Edited by seabs206

Only thing working for me is going to http://www.battleye.com/download.html and download the client and server dll for 94945+ and only play 94945 and higher version servers.

from the BE site:

(Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in the "Expansion" folder of your OA install directory)

I wanted to get 94876 working but even a full reinstall and sixupdater run didn't work.

I can't find any O.o

current patch is 94997. I just checked and there are about 15-20 servers. Best bet is to download that one. It's a new one, just released.

edit: I just got off SE 4, so that one is confirmed working for me. I believe it's a testing server as well so they usually have the latest patches/beta installed.

Edited by Aerodax

i will get to 2nd tank load screen then i get crash to desktop

my six launcher will say my arma 2 is at 1.61 whilst if i load arma 2 dayz through steam its says 1.60

also when i try to re-install BE i get missing string error msg

was all working fine yesterday before i tried patching :@ now cant get it back to working

Edited by tinit

Alot of people are having this issue.

I have tried all the fixes people claim to do and none have worked for me and very very frustrated now. I just want to play!

There is an even newer beta for arma out (95054), installing the latest BE and running this patch fixed BE error and crash to desktop.

You need to run the BE file you download, not just drop it in a folder.

95054 is fairly stable for me since I've done this.

How do I run the BE.dll file?I've dropped them into the folder. But that's all I can do to the files.