rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Well why not.

When you said " you will find skins around the world " it's a feature planned for what, 1.5.8 ?

• Like 3

Interesting. It makes more sense realistically and I'm happy to see how this plays out. It's going to make coming across other survivors that much more intense.

How many different skins will be available for loot in the environment if you don't mind me asking? Even if it's a ballpark figure I'm curious to know how many options we'll have to be "unique snowflakes."

• Like 1

Interesting, looking forward to see how this changes dynamics :)

Realism, I like it. In the real world you can't tell the bad guys just by the clothes they wear (well, sometimes you can) and you shouldn't be able to in a Zombie Apocalypse world either.

This new skin ideas really interests me, i would really love certain skins such as military, officer or even priest.

• Like 3

Rocket, are you taking humanity out completely for the time being or will you still get negative humanity for killing another player?

I ask because my friends and I took on this kind of bandit hunting(self appointed sheriffs) as to keep the lands as safe as we could and I guess this change kind of ruins that dynamic. So I guess we'll just have to try and take action depending on if they shoot at another player when we're around but I wonder if the humanity will still be rewarded if they were indeed negative in humanity themselves.

This is something i'll be sad to see go. There were a few things I really liked about the humanity/bandit system.

- Whenever my survivor group found another player there was always frantic talk over vent "is he a bandit?" etc

- Getting killed by a survivor is frustrating but getting killed by a branded killer (bandit) was less frustrating, you know their motivations.

- Using blood packs as a way to recover humanity was a prime reason to venture into cities and take risks.

- Humanity/Bandit status remaining after death meant players had to be dedicated to their chosen playstyle.

I understand the feature isn't finished, but it seems it has become a key component in the DayZ formula.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 4

- Whenever my survivor group found another player there was always frantic talk over vent "is he a bandit?" etc

This is a flawed system' date=' a players motivations should be as simple as looking at what skin he has.

- Getting killed by a survivor is frustrating but getting killed by a branded killer (bandit) was less frustrating, you know their motivations.

Same as above.

- Using blood packs as a way to recover humanity was a prime reason to venture into cities and take risks.

Or you could just venture into cities to get blood packs to... I don't know, heal a buddy? I run with a group of only bandits and we try to keep our humanity as negative as possible, yet we always carry as many blood packs as possible.

Skin and all kills were not the right way to determine if some one was hostile or a bandit.

We get 2 bonuses out of this, firstly we get to choose skins (and more stuff to scavenge) and secondly we get to look forward to a much more suitable possibly strangely unusual mechanic in the future based on PK's.

Guys, like I said:

"... humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. "

I'm not removing humanity, I'm removing the skins being based on that. So that we can have findable skins. Humanity is the hero. ... ahem... feature we deserve but, well, not the one we need right now. So it will stay, but silent.

Exactly what Worrom said. Bandit/survivor system is a key component into the dynamics of the game.

The less noticeable a bandit gets the easier it is for them to tell everyone they are friendly. Groups of survivors are rare as it is already. This would only push everyone further into being a loner bandit or loner survivor. Specially with the plan to increase the zombie spawns (i know 1.5.7 was a mistake but still 650 would still be alot when you are a loner)

Removing it (and possibly replace it back later) would change the whole atmosphere and i believe that to be for the worse kind of atmosphere. Right now the balance is great.

But however if you are going to work with skins that people can pick up and wear (a better word would be clothes i think) Make it so that you can distinguish the person wearing it from Bandit or Survivor. Even the slightest change should be enough.

Im looking forward to how this pans out though. I love the game alot im addicted to it.

• Like 1

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it, let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

• Like 6

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

[/quote']

I say yes, I just want to know whether they will be permanent or if I have to find my skin each time I die.

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

[/quote']

Don't worry about it. The current system is crap as well as unrealistic. You couldn't trust randoms before and you still can't trust randoms. People saying this kills survivor cooperation are blowing it way, waaaay out of proportion.

Just focus on getting the new patch out! <3