DaMufinMan

Bad Serial Number Given In Setup

Whenever I choose a server for DayZ it does the 10 little check boxes or whatever then itll open the game. It goes as normal and says "Wait a moment..." under that picture of tanks. Then the screen goes black for about half a second and then the game closes. After it closes a message pops up saying:

post-50964-0-70320300-1342177515_thumb.png

Sorry about the bad quality but it says "ArmA 2 OA" at the top and "Bad serial number given in Setup" in the box. I checked alot of the other troubleshooting topics and didnt seem to find anything. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get the game trough steam? If so, run Arma II: OA trough steam once before running Day Z.

• Like 1

edit: delete :o

Edited by rinsa

Thanks hakultair but I figured it out :)

Yea, please share how you got it to work. My copy is through Steam and suddenly I get the same message

EDIT: Do what Hakultair says. I've just launched Arma II: Operation Arrowhead to the main menu, exited and successfully joined a Day Z server. This worked for me :)

Edited by Ephrael

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

• Like 1

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

THIS WORKS!!!!! THANKYOU!!!

I couldn't do step 12 because when i go to steam/library/arma2 properties/view cd key i get an "Error comunicating with the key server" or something along these lines.

This way i can't get my cd key thus making it impossible to change it with the key changer.

Any ideas?

Hey Dragon,

I can't rename my ArmA 2 OA folder that already exists. I can't delete it either.

So, I don't know what to do?

I ran the Registry Editor as admin but still nothing.

I think this may solve my problem but I can't continue on because of this Error with the Registry Editor.

Please Help.

Thanks, TheNoobmove5000

Hey, whenever i try to play ARMA 2 OA for the first time it says "bad serial number given in setup" what do i do?!??!

This is very disappointing. I smashed the piggy bank to build my first computer and paid $30 for Arma 2 and now I can't even play DayZ. Not to be melodramatic, but I was willing to go a long way just to play this game I've been hearing about. I've watched so many videos and I can finally run it myself.

The registry fix was the first thing I did and followed all steps perfectly (although it only let me hit enter once). Then I came here and saw run as Administrator.

Well for whatever reason Windows 8 won't let me do that. I tried creating a custom shortcut with admin priveleges but that doesn't seem to work either.

Was I supposed to do that before I installed the mod folders? Maybe I will try that.