Sign in to follow this  
Glizz5th

Bad FPS issue

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?: 94876

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: Sixupdater

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible: Bad FPS

*Your PC specs:

Alienware m15x

Intel Core i7 1.86 GHz (I know my processor is pretty shitty, I will buy a new computer in about two months ^^)

8 GB ram

AMD Radeon HD 5900 Series

*Your Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

I got DayZ working yesterday but I cant play it because the FPS is so bad, on spawn I can get around 15-22 FPS and in larger cities it is probably around 8-12 FPS. I cant play when it lags like this, I can run Battlefield 3 pretty well and Arma 2 as well. I tried defrag my harddrive but it didnt do much. I'm so sad right now because the mod looks so damn awesome...

I have been looking around for solutions and it seems to be some others who having the same issue.

[EDIT] DayZ version 1.7.2

Edited by Glizz5th

turn off the launcher after you select a server for a massive FPS increase.

Everything on your computer is pretty bad. Did you try the ramdisk fix?

Yeah, didnt do anything, but I can handle Bf3 and Arma 2 but Dayz is not even playable??

Yeah, didnt do anything, but I can handle Bf3 and Arma 2 but Dayz is not even playable??

While BF3 uses 4 cores, ArmA 2 can only use 2. You are far below the minimum requirements.

There is no fix, that will make the game playable (over 30fps).

Just run all three benchmarks though. Let's see what you got there.

Edited by Testificate

turn off the launcher after you select a server for a massive FPS increase.

It increased my fps by 8 or so, thanks, but it is still not playable in larger cities

just replace your Processor with a 3.0 or higher and ur FPS will be better

While BF3 uses 4 cores, ArmA 2 can only use 2. You are far below the minimum requirements.

There is no fix, that will make the game playable (over 30fps).

Just run all three benchmarks though. Let's see what you got there.

Damn, youre probably right, this computer is pretty shitty but is there any way to increase fps a little to make it a little more playable??

Damn, youre probably right, this computer is pretty shitty but is there any way to increase fps a little to make it a little more playable??

As I said, you will not be able to get in the playable range.

I have a Q6700 (4x 2,66GHz) and I get 40-50fps outside of towns and 15-25 inside them. I also tried many things to achieve this. One thing for the future, don't buy Alienware computers or any pre-build computers. Put the money in better components and you will be fine.

As I said, you will not be able to get in the playable range.

I have a Q6700 (4x 2,66GHz) and I get 40-50fps outside of towns and 15-25 inside them. I also tried many things to achieve this. One thing for the future, don't buy Alienware computers or any pre-build computers. Put the money in better components and you will be fine.

Thanks for the help, yeah i know, i feel like i wasted a lot of money on this computer but didnt get much performance

Thanks for the help, yeah i know, i feel like i wasted a lot of money on this computer but didnt get much performance

You paid for the "Alienware" it's the same as with other brands... you have to pay more to get the same with a logo.

Funny story, i have a very old computer (prob like 7-9 years) and i can play dayz with ok performance (ok, my settings are all pretty low but big deal) My specs are as follows

Amd Athlon 64 processor (2.2ghz)

1gb Ram

Asus HD 6670 graphics card with 1gb video memory.

so idk, the requirements must be pretty loose because i can play with a fairly smooth framerate (i do have to restart my computer about once a day to keep it working smooth)

if your not already doing this, i would go into task manager and kill the processes that you are not currently using, since steam is only required for the intitial install, you dont need that running, it also helps to turn off sixlauncher after you use it to start up as well.

idk, hope your problem gets fixed.