Sign in to follow this  
Johnpwnedyou

Blood/Health Regeneration

When you have all green status. "Your drink,Hunger and no injuries" I suggest to have a blood regeneration. When you gain 5 blood per 10 seconds.But in order to regenerate blood you need to have Green Hunger System (Full) To Orange Hunger System ( 75%) and also your dehydration needs to be green (Full) To light red (50%) and you do not have any shock,broken bone. If you guys dont know what i mean i could add on stuff to this idea. Basicly

In order to heal:

Hunger meter needs to be 100%-75%

Water meter needs to be to 100%-50% (since water drains down faster)

Also no side affects such as broken bones, shock, bleed (ofcourse).

^-^ Comments?

• Like 1

Sure this would make it easyer..but some of the funnest time i've had in DayZ is limping away from a fight i just BARLY won, armed with just a few bullets left, a hunting knife, an axe, and some matchs. Go hunting, thats how you regenerate, We arn't Time Lords. i'm afraid.

Eh mabye, i kinda like how its set right now, not -everything- in a game is gonna be realstic, i mean, at this rate we'll have to find Type B+ blood packs for one of your guys becuase the Type A will kill him.

No offence but it's seems to easy to people who played this for 50 or more hours and haves all the equipment but to people who just started right now doesn't have a gun to kill a zombie so they have to fight close to close range combat and they lose health easily also makes it harder for them that they dont start out with any items like in alpha version when you start out with a revolver and some food and beans.And what you said about the 0.17 maybe like 0.79 blood regenerate per 2 secs when you have the food stats to 100%-75% and water stats to 100%-50%? Makes it more realistic because your healthy which means you are making blood in your body.

Edited by Johnpwnedyou

I suggested it once.

The idea to limit it by Hunger system is great! I didn't thought about it when I posted same topic.

---

I dont want to open new topic for this but I think it would be nice if Rocket and Dev team will post some info about what suggestions is now on the to do list and what is the plans for now, so we wont post same suggestion over and over.

Or, you could search and realize its been suggested so you don't post the same thing over and over.

In all honesty though, I'd prefer a smaller boost to blood when eating and regeneration when green.

Also,

No offence but it's seems to easy to people who played this for 50 or more hours and haves all the equipment but to people who just started right now doesn't have a gun to kill a zombie so they have to fight close to close range combat and they lose health easily also makes it harder for them that they dont start out with any items like in alpha version when you start out with a revolver and some food and beans.And what you said about the 0.17 maybe like 0.79 blood regenerate per 2 secs when you have the food stats to 100%-75% and water stats to 100%-50%? Makes it more realistic because your healthy which means you are making blood in your body.

It's not hard to get started. Just learn how the game works. It's not hard.

Its hard. Its more realistic if you have the hunger system also...

I like this Idea as you cannot give yourself a transfusion.

But if you are going to do it you should do it right.

Blood:

your body contains roughly 12 pints of blood (that 12k health isn't a random number).

It is comprised of 2 main things 45% red blood cells and 55% plasma (white cells and platelets are less than 1%). Lets say it is 50/50 for ease of calculation, your body can reproduce all your plasma in 48hrs so you should regenerate the first 6000 health at 125/hr or 2.1/min. red blood cells however take 6 weeks to be fully replaced which is about 6/hr or 0.1/min.

The latter is obviously negligible however regenerating half your health at a rate of 2/minuet would be a good representation.

It should also be noted that you do not really need food in any measurable quantities for this but you do need water.

I think the failing in this comes when you point out that morphine doesn't heal broken bones and it would probably be easier and just as well received to let you give yourself blood transfusions

Blood:

It should also be noted that you do not really need food in any measurable quantities for this but you do need water.

Agree on this one. Drinking actualy helps blood regeneration

Don't encourage people doing nothing to heal.

I like the way it is right now. You actually have to do something to heal yourself.

Patience is not enough to heal, imo :P

Don't encourage people doing nothing to heal.

I like the way it is right now. You actually have to do something to heal yourself.

Patience is not enough to heal, imo :P

You DO have to do something to heal by their suggestions. They're stating that you need to keep yourself hydrated and satiated in order to recieve the bonus regeneration.

You DO have to do something to heal by their suggestions. They're stating that you need to keep yourself hydrated and satiated in order to recieve the bonus regeneration.

Finding blood bags and hunting/cooking is more like " doing something " than drinking pepsi, eating beans and doing your usual business.

What I'm saying is that searching for means to heal ourselves is way more fun than not having to worry about it.

You don't get it. In actual FPS, you cure 5.56 bullets holes in 10sec by breathing fresh air. Why can't DayZ be the same?

/sarcasm

Funny how people still argue this makes things easy, esp. if you considder that 125hp/HOUR means you be 'waiting' for 8hours to just get 1000HP back... and you still need to drink and eat in those 8h, so it's realy a small thing to add but it would make a lot of difference for some situations. Esp. if you can't find enough food, and do not find MATCHES, where the heck do they even spawn!

And 125hp/h is both 'authentic' and if you log off and log on the next day, say 12h later, you will only have generated 1500HP, which means that if you disconnect with about 3400HP shaking badly and blurring, you now have 4900HP, you are now able to do a bit more, like actually find those matches! But agro one Zed. and you are back where you were...

I am all for this !!

• Like 1

this is a great idea for the blood system, its small, but worth it (ho and it gives us a excuse to EAT or DRINK somthing before we suddenly start loosing 20 blood/ second due to starvation & thirst other then we find a huge statch), it will make it a BIT easier, but not so much pros are going to live forever even under heavy attack at all times

also, this will allow us to rely on paitence at times, say we have adaquate amounts of food and water but not the luck to not end up with 3800 blood, when the okey level is 4000, witch, below that, is where you begin to pass out randomly, with regeneration, we can wait out that final bit of blood in a barn or someplace then get moving again

Thank you guys for supporting the idea and thank you people who convinced people to agree with the idea :)

When you have all green status. "Your drink,Hunger and no injuries" I suggest to have a blood regeneration. When you gain 5 blood per 10 seconds.But in order to regenerate blood you need to have Green Hunger System (Full) To Orange Hunger System ( 75%) and also your dehydration needs to be green (Full) To light red (50%) and you do not have any shock,broken bone. If you guys dont know what i mean i could add on stuff to this idea. Basicly

In order to heal:

Hunger meter needs to be 100%-75%

Water meter needs to be to 100%-50% (since water drains down faster)

Also no side affects such as broken bones, shock, bleed (ofcourse).

^-^ Comments?

I'd rather see food heal you over time when you are full or nearly full.

Instead of 200 HP at once, try 5 per second until you have gotten 200 blood.

I think this makes more sense than trying to stuff your mouth with cooked meat. As it is, you can eat an entire cow and then get up and run for miles. I couldn't do that without getting sick. Infact, I don't think I could eat an entire cow.

Or run for miles... Not at the speed these guys can. Maybe walk...

Maybe walk 6 miles... Without the cow-dinner.

Eh mabye, i kinda like how its set right now, not -everything- in a game is gonna be realstic, i mean, at this rate we'll have to find Type B+ blood packs for one of your guys becuase the Type A will kill him.

Most hospitals have or use type o which everyone can have.

I agree this idea is kinda smart, I've also heard alot of people complaining that there is no auto regen, still a good concept.

What is exactly the difference between passive regeneration when full and getting blood when eating?

Why are we argueing on such a pointless topic? It's the same thing.

And it was already suggested, use the search for god's sake!

sounds like a really good idea,but id also like to see a Regeneration over time like in real life,like when you log out for the night and come back say like

200-500 points an hour but only when logged out...

yeah it's still not hard to get started. hatchets are all over the place near start areas, so just sneak around until you see one and then work your way up from there. people who complain about it being hard starting out are just bad at avoiding zombies

sounds like a really good idea,but id also like to see a Regeneration over time like in real life,like when you log out for the night and come back say like

200-500 points an hour but only when logged out...

awful idea. people shouldn't get free health for not playing. health regen system is fine as is.