Sign in to follow this  
FlashHawk4

Spawning In Novy Sobor? (Fixed)

Sorry to pester you guys, but you were probably a bit pissed that I ignored your deliberate instructions. Here's the report in the proper format.

I also don't know if it was a glitch or not, but I'm fairly certain we're supposed to spawn on the beach.

Date/Time: ~6:30 Central time, 7/05/12

What happened: I aborted to server screen after dying to restart, and when I spawned back in (no server changes or closing the game in between), I had spawned halfway embedded in the floor of a house in Novy Sobor. I managed to wiggle out somehow, and the game went normally from there. I doubt this is related, but there were hatchets in every drop spawn point in most of the town which I couldn't pick up.

Where you were: Died in Elektro, I believe, and respawned in Novy Sobor.

What you were doing: Respawning in the game, after dying from zombies.

*Current installed version: Most recent.

*Server(s) you were on: Dallas 51, I believe. It was in my original report.

*Your system specs: Fairly terrible, is all I can say for this, I wasn't playing on my computer. I don't think that had anything to do with it, though.

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Died, hit abort on the YOU ARE DEAD screen, exited to server screen with player pool and whatnot, then hit the button to go into the game. All within about forty five seconds. The process went normally, until The typed right-hand text read "CHERNARUS- NOVY SOBOR", and I could see partially textured buildings all around me. I had spawned partly underneath the map, inside one of the red brick apartments. At no point in this process did I switch servers, exit the game program, or do anything different than when I normally restart the game.

I assure you my ARMA and Day Z files are up to spec, no after-market modifications whatsoever.

This is an excellent mod, I commend you guys on it! Keep up the good work!

The Novy Sobor spawn is legit, although the probability (of getting this spawn) is very low. I believe the issue is the spawn placement inside the building.

setPos is wrong...hence why you spawn on the terrain level instead of the building/object floor. It is easy to get out by vaulting through the exterior wall, but still needs to be fixed at some point.

see thats the problem for me... i fucked up trying to get out so now im stuck prone under the floor and cant get out D: i feel like ill never be able to play again :(

i just had this happen to me...fucking annoying!