peliluola@gmail.com

DayZ Mobile app for Android (v. 1.50)

DayZ Mobile 2.31

Hello everyone. I've been working hard on a mobile guide for DayZ and hopefully it will provide some players great help with their gameplay. I created it mostly because it can be a pain to alt+tab from the game and possibly even get killed for it.

You can download the app from here:

DayZ Mobile for Android

(version 2.31)

If you can't install it from Google play, here's a straight download link for the .apk.

NEWEST FEATURES:

Chat no longer autoscrolls, AM/PM option for chat timestamp

Added explosives section under equipment (satchel charge)

Added dayzgame.com website to official sites

Movable to SD card

Chat with a custom nickname & Your country's flag

Lingor Island MAP!

CURRENT FEATURES:

MAPS

• Lingor Island World Map (Offline HQ & Offline LQ (in case HQ doesn't work)).
  • Chernarus World Map (Online HQ & Offline HQ & Offline Low-Quality (in case HQ doesn't work)).
  • 2x Loot map
  • Elektro & Cherno bird's view maps
  • Vehicle locations map
  • Dangerous areas map
  • Fuel pumps map
  • Heli Crash Sites map
  • Chernarus Height map
  • Chernarus 3D map

GUIDES

• Towns & Cities
  • Weapons
  • Equipment
  • Consumables
  • Vehicles
  • Ammunition
  • Game Controls (Infantry, land vehicle, aircraft)
  • Sniper Correction tables
  • How to find North

CHAT

• Chat with a custom nickname & unique ID & country flags before names.
  • Who's online list
  • Private messaging
  • Silver crown denotes donate version, gold crown denotes admin.

INFO & SERVERS

• Patch Notes
  • Known Bugs
  • Server list

DayZ BROWSER

• Official Mod site
  • Official dayzgame.com site
  • Forums
  • DayZ Wiki (EN & DE), DayZ DB
  • DayZ Social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube
  • SouthCoastBeanWars.com
  • Google

FEATURE SUGGESTIONS (= upcoming features):

- Give me suggestions and I'll work on them..

Here are some pictures of the app: UPDATED 7/24/2012

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/1.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/2.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/3.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/4.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/5.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/6.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/7.png

http://www.droidsucc...ayzmobile/8.png

All donations are highly appreciated and keep me working hard on the app. Same goes for every free app download. Help me make the app as good as possible for you to use. Any donations can be given through PayPal and gain you your name in the About page under Thanks for Donations.

Edited by WoRtEx
  • Like 13

I don't have Android, but this looks very nice. Well done!

Can you make the APK available on your website? I have a tablet running Android 2.3 and haven't figured out how to get the Play store to work on it yet. TIA!

Sounds pretty cool for those people who don't have multiple monitors. I can't believe I survived with just a single monitor for so long.

Can you make the APK available on your website? I have a tablet running Android 2.3 and haven't figured out how to get the Play store to work on it yet. TIA!

Ah' date=' I'll upload the apk and put a link up here too.

EDIT: Here's the link: DayZ Mobile zip

Sounds pretty cool for those people who don't have multiple monitors. I can't believe I survived with just a single monitor for so long.

Heh this brings back memories.

I used to have just one monitor and when I got another one I was in heaven. I had so much space and never had to alt tab for anything. Then I got a 3rd monitor expecting the same euphoria but I never had anything on it. 2 monitors is perfect, 3 is one too many. Eventually sold it.

I used to have just one monitor and when I got another one I was in heaven. I had so much space and never had to alt tab for anything. Then I got a 3rd monitor expecting the same euphoria but I never had anything on it. 2 monitors is perfect' date=' 3 is one too many. Eventually sold it.

[/quote']

Many thanks for the APK. I'll let you know how it works on my tablet.

I have two monitors at home, but rarely use the second one, and 3 monitors at work where I use every inch of space on all 3. It just depends on what you are doing. However, I haven't found the second monitor very useful in Day Z because you still have to tab out of the game to scroll around the map.

The app could look better on tablets, as at the moment it doesn't utilize all the space and the menu buttons are a bit too high. I'll try to fix this in the coming updates though. It's still usable if the Android emulators look like the real devices.

App looks really nice. If you could implement the "pinch" zoom unzoom feature that would be a lot better. If it is supposed to work it is not and I'm using a droid bionic.

App looks really nice. If you could implement the "pinch" zoom unzoom feature that would be a lot better. If it is supposed to work it is not and I'm using a droid bionic.

You mean the maps right? I tried quickly to have the pinch working but couldn't. I found the + and - signs for zooming to work quite nicely though. I'll look into that for the next update.

Is it listed on the Google Play Store yet?

Yes it is, see the original post. Somehow it doesn't come up when you search for it yet, at least not in top results. Give it a few days. Vehicle data integrated soon ;)

I used to have just one monitor and when I got another one I was in heaven. I had so much space and never had to alt tab for anything. Then I got a 3rd monitor expecting the same euphoria but I never had anything on it. 2 monitors is perfect' date=' 3 is one too many. Eventually sold it.

[/quote']

Many thanks for the APK. I'll let you know how it works on my tablet.

I have two monitors at home, but rarely use the second one, and 3 monitors at work where I use every inch of space on all 3. It just depends on what you are doing. However, I haven't found the second monitor very useful in Day Z because you still have to tab out of the game to scroll around the map.

The lack of a full screen windowed mode kinda sucks. What I do is I open up a map on the second monitor and have it zoomed enough so I can see everything that I need to based on where I am/want to go.

Hear yee, hear yee the new version of DayZ Android app is here. It's version 1.20. It is downloadable from the Google play store by following this link or if you have trouble installing from Google play here's a zipped .apk file for you. Note that it takes some time for Google to update the apk file on Google play so by downloading it right now you might still get the old version (it's going to update in a matter of hours though and you will receive an update note).

The difference between the last version is that you no longer need to check DayZ vehicles from the wikisite. They are now 100% incorporated into the app. I even put up all mentioned locations of vehicles right under their stats tables so you can check where to find them.

Here's some pictures:

vehicle2.pngvehicle1.png

I hope someone finds use for these new features. Upcoming soon are the equipment, consumables and ammunition information pages but for now it says "coming before wednesday". They should be ready by next week though.

• Like 1

You could of at least checked the market for an app with the same name: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pwnsro.dayz

I did release mine before yours, and from what I see you re-skinned my app and added ads. I guess i'll be picking apart yours as my curiosity wants to know if that's what really happened

I started working on my app on June 24th or 25th and took all my data and app areas from the DayZ wiki, you probably did that too as we have mostly same links. I've seen many apps have same names on Google play before so I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I first thought of "DayZ toolkit" for the name but since at first I only had wiki links toolkit would have been misleading. I might change the name to toolkit later though as I'm soon done with integrating some of the data and it becomes more of a "toolkit".

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

I'm currently making so the maps don't always reload when you look at them. They only get reseted on closing the app. Also making the maps load a bit faster. This update should benefit everyone. Also integrating all consumables.

I'm not that good with making user interface on iOS yet' date=' maybe in the future as the mod hopefully becomes more popular.

[/quote']

I'd make an iOS version of this.. if interested.. Is it mostly embedded web pages?

I'd make an iOS version of this.. if interested.. Is it mostly embedded web pages?

Well, some of it is embedding DayZ wiki pages but im trying to make data integrated to the app so it's available right away and easy to access (no zooming and trying to press links etc).

havent tried it myself yet, but as far as ideas go one of the most usefull thing to have would be arma 2 sniper correction tables since right now im working with paper print outs