boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I believe the official word is still "no," but in my opinion performance is perfectly fine to keep both infected and persistence on for Stable.

For me the Performance is not as good as it was in the last patch but maybe im the only one who got that problem or its just imagination not sure.

Just to confirm the 2 stacks of 6 rags = improvised rope works. You get the same rope as when you find one made up. 

• Like 1

Are animals back in this exp build?

So yeah i spawned in at Kamyshovo, found nearly nothing in the houses(as it should be) and then i went to the nearest huntingstand were i found a huntingscope. Figured that i was fairly close to Rog so i walked up there and found a bag of rice and a handy PET bottle. From there i sat my target on Msta and another two huntingstands. At those two huntingstands i found my self a Winchester, 308 ammo, burlapsack, rope, binoculars hunting backpack and a can of tuna.

That's no fun at all to be able to find my preferred gear in the 30 minutes mark of my fresh spawn. I really hope that they will improve even more on CLE so it's actually a challenge to find what your looking for and that cargo/hunting pants do spawn at other places than in bus garages :lol:  

and yeah in Dolina i found two M65 jackets and every color of the new hunting jacket.

Not only you i'm afraid. 

I played 3pp 1st time in ages... its horrible in towns, but quite nice in the woods.

Even on 3PP I hit enter and run 1pp style, cause I can't stand seeing myself get hit by zombies %^)

• Like 3

Another update for you guys: a fireplace oven now takes 8 stone instead of 8 small stones.

0Rur4xi.jpg

And yet another update: a fireplace with stone circle takes now 4 stones instead of 4 small stones.

d1wRSio.jpg?

Edited by IMT
  • Like 7

Can't wait to get home this afternoon and finally get back to my reliable internet! Once it ran this morning it ran somewhat smooth, but I have not been able to find fishing hooks anywhere - Beach / Boats / Boonie Hats / Garages and shacks... I'd love to be able to craft one from bones though, maybe that'll finally happen tonight or tomorrow!

Someone said chicken bones even, I couldn't catch a chicken though. Can't get close enough to hit him with my axe. ya me too last night no hooks anywhere.

Are animals back in this exp build?

Haven't seen any personally, and I have been through some areas where animals usually are, but the zeds are in, seen one I evaded and surprised by one coming around a corner that I killed.

Even on 3PP I hit enter and run 1pp style, cause I can't stand seeing myself get hit by zombies %^)

I can't fight zeds in 3pp for shit, I gotta be in 1pp to make sure I am hitting them during melee....  I like that hitting them throws them off their game now, that way I can keep hitting them without them hitting me.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Sadly, not today I don't think. Part of me hopes we'll get it for the weekend, but I also have to think about the poor devs who will inevitably be up late into the night (again, for the millionth time) when something doesn't go as planned. I really want Stable to be updated, but not at the expense of the beginning of their weekend :)

Freaking AWESOME! Thank you for sharing this!

I was excited for this Wednesday, until I realized that 'no news is bad news' on Tuesdays.  Pretty sure that only weekly global miantenance is the one and only stable update window.  Good news is that I am now a dedicated experimental junky.  My stable branch .57 charachters will likely be used mostly for mentoring newbie bambis/supply depot+runner duties--as I plan to die a lot. (My hope is that once gold drops, I will have an army of endeared noobs who have never learned the ways of the KOS junkies; may the force be with you.)

I have not yet found a burlap sack without a rope right next to it. Generally found in sheds.

This is a good thing, and lends its self well the the goals of authenticity.  If you are an urban dweller, I will give you leeway on this; but some things should almost always be found nearby one-another.  I won't even get into the realistic expectations of finding a gun left in a house without being loaded, or even having compatible ammo nearby.

Oddly enough, I've had two (M65s) now in the past week

Did you find them both by stuffing canvas pants and hoodies/wool coats full of like?

• I redact my previous statement about zombies being back. Haven't seen a single one since the solo zed that I found in Berezino yesterday.

Hope they are making good headway towards stable. This looks like it's gonna be a pretty fun patch (despite the lack of zeds and persistence). 

EDIT: I was in the US South Central 05 and 06 servers if anyone was wondering. Apparently different servers have different configurations. Not sure if this affects the loot spawning or if it's just stat (energy/hydration) depletion.

I been seeing zeds on EXP.  US Southcentral 0-3 definitely has them. Thick in Svetlo, they are.

• Like 1

Everyone should be experiencing this to some degree. I'm sure it's just an experimental branch problem and should be fixed by the time stable hits.

I know it seems silly, but since I have loaded stable and came back to exp several times a week :-O and haven't had this issue, have you tried that? Load stable, play for a bit and see how it goes, load experimental and then see if it goes away?

Another update for you guys: a fireplace oven now takes 8 stone instead of 8 small stones.

0Rur4xi.jpg

And yet another update: a fireplace with stone circle takes now 4 stones instead of 4 small stones.

d1wRSio.jpg?

Awesome, and as the self appointed Operational Security Guru, I officially scold you for not closing the individual item inventory windows before taking pictures.  No need to advertise what you have to the bandit/KoS crowd.  Remember, loose tweets sink fleets!!!

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

No 1pp servers????  WTH???!!!!!  SUPER BIG FAT BOO.  And then a CTD when trying to join one of my favorites.

All servers have 1pp.

• Like 1

All servers have 1pp.

I know that, BUT they ALSO have different characters!

• Like 2

Awesome, and as the self appointed Operational Security Guru, I officially scold you for not closing the individual item inventory windows before taking pictures.  No need to advertise what you have to the bandit/KoS crowd.  Remember, loose tweets sink fleets!!!

Good point, need to keep that in mind for next time. But I usually hear the bandits before they know I'm there. Sprinting gets you places fast but wears you out so the panting and harder footsteps will give them away to me.

After that it's all in the patience. If you miss your initial shot then there is a great chance you're screwed. If you hit, they never know you were there. Well they do know but not your exact location.

Found a couple lightly or unlooted guard houses again.

My 3PP character progressed almost exactly the same as my 1PP character and ended up with similar gear.

Performance was decent and killed a infected with the repeater, which was fun.

It will be interesting to see what all the final results will be from these latest experimental builds.

I can't fight zeds in 3pp for shit, I gotta be in 1pp to make sure I am hitting them during melee....  I like that hitting them throws them off their game now, that way I can keep hitting them without them hitting me.

heh, ya how realistic is that? Get in a good first punch at the beginning of the fight!  Now I hate sunday punchers, but it doesn't count when it comes to flesh eating zombies.

Is it just me or are the servers currently lagging? UK 0-1 is lagging really hard for quite sometime now. Actions take long, sometimes get receiving when right clicking, etc.

Edit: server just restarted, hope that fixes it.

Edited by IMT

The team is working hard to get the Stable branch update out as fast as possible, so there is no specific date/time for when the update is rolled out. It all depends on how development comes along on the build.

Thanks smoss for the update.... I was just wondering because a lot of people thought it would roll out Wednesday morning EST but we were surprised to see that it had not. Either way, take your time. Don't be like EA.

I know that, BUT they ALSO have different characters!

Who has time for that?  This shit is updating thrice daily it seems.

Is it just me or are the servers currently lagging? UK 0-1 is lagging really hard for quite sometime now. Actions take long, sometimes get receiving when right clicking, etc.

Edit: server just restarted, hope that fixes it.

It's transient, it seems. Lag comes and goes.

It's transient, it seems. Lag comes and goes.

Well it's gone now with the server restart. But somehow I spawned in with a sprained anckle, already treated myself ofcourse. :)

Has anyone been able to find any binoculars? By now it seems that everything has been looted quite well, and canned food is hard to come by. Problem is, I also can not find any fertilizer. I got seeds and all that happy crap. Is Fertilizer mandatory?

Has anyone been able to find any binoculars? By now it seems that everything has been looted quite well, and canned food is hard to come by. Problem is, I also can not find any fertilizer. I got seeds and all that happy crap. Is Fertilizer mandatory?

No it isn't. I have a sack stashed away here, was saving it to tan some leather but haven't seen any animals yet.

Edit: Another new thing: it's possible now to craft a white armband with one single rag. Don't know if anyone noticed it yet, just saw it.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Good to know I can grow without that dreaded fertilizer... Thought the servers went down, but they didn't ^^ I received an authentication time out, but hey, no crashes, so I'm happy. Pretty smooth gameplay so far :)

Edit: And I should have just kept my mouth shut because as soon as I went back in I got a mem. crash... Oh grrr..

Edited by Demonica