boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

Looking forward to it! Havn't played experimental for ages - I was working during the last bout of working servers :-(

The skin and quarter bug is the only thing keeping my guy from getting necessary and delicious rabbit calories. Snares are pretty common, it's definitely one way in which you can attempt to get over early starvation. I ate my first rabbit raw, the food poisoning ended up being worth it, always a gamble but that's what makes the beginning fun. This is all dependent upon being able to skin and quarter though...

You mean metal wire is? Wooden sticks would be pretty easy to come by, sure. I don't always have a lot of luck finding metal wire, though :(

I have a little tip for anyone not able to skin and quarter bodies or that is unable to make splints or use items such as morphine etc. As you start the action/animation hold down your W key for the whole duration until the action is completed. 

• Like 1

Experimental looks to be up and running! Just had a nice hour on it, looted myself some basic gear and was promptly held up by a guy in a barn who killed me afterwards :-( ungrateful mugger!

For picking up stuck items I've found if its food that if i start eating it then stop i can get it, for other items just inspecting it and hanging around for 5-10 extra seconds can make it work.

Edited by agolay

For picking up stuck items I've found if its food that if i start eating it then stop i can get it, for other items just inspecting it and hanging around for 5-10 extra seconds can make it work.

I have found that the most reliable workaround for the uninteractionable items is simply exiting the building where they are to be found and then entering it again. I have tried all the other workarounds (dragging them to vicinity, staying long etc) and this seems to be the only solution that works 100% of the time.

Anyone else having resolution issues?

yes, I keep having to into video settings too resolve it.

I left a huge stash of zucchini and pumpkin right in the middle of the street in Khelm on DE 0-7. Hope it helps someone :)

2WTOGjs.jpg

• Like 4

Spent some time on both veteran and regular servers with pretty much no issues.  Was able to pick up everything I tried first time and had no noticeable lag.  Thanks for fixing that annoying foot step echo.  After a couple hours Id say it is as stable as the stable. 

• Like 2

I had a very nice session this evening. First I met a guy in the middle of the sea on the way to the prison island. After we fought some bandits I died, headed back, and found some other nice guys.

Ended up with 2 trucks (which were used as submarines from the other guys) and 6 friendly players!  :thumbsup: :D

Only small lags, no ctd, sometimes the crafting animation works but there were no items at the end.

I was the first time at the new prison at it is awesome! Very detailed and the island looks nice. 

The armbands are a big improvment and they are easily visible. I think it's (almost) perfect... I couldn't say what should be done better :) 

Maybe they could add an option for more armbands on the leg and backpack. But for now it's sweet.

5pcm2rw3.jpg

The new items like the shovel or axe for the backpack are great. I also like the new clothes and the system that you can't place it with stuff inside in you backpack .

Tomorrow I will try to find some animals :)

So, I'm happy with the update, but I'm happier that there are more servers online and working for the experimental branch - THX :beans: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

"Spam drinking" at pumps has finally been fixed. So only one gulp at a time.

You just have to cancel the animation and drink again. You can still "spam" it and quickly fill up on water pretty easily, just takes a bit more time.

I also like the new clothes and the system that you can't place it with stuff inside in you backpack .

Tomorrow I will try to find some animals :)

I'm pleased to see the "inception" of clothes exploit is finally fixed.

Sadly it seems the AI was reverted back to the old animal AI, as I killed 2 deers and a boar with a hatchet and they had their old behavior.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the new exp patch! :thumbsup:

"Spam drinking" at pumps has finally been fixed. So only one gulp at a time.

You just have to cancel the animation and drink again. You can still "spam" it and quickly fill up on water pretty easily, just takes a bit more time.

That, and a rapid tap of the "F" key will get you 2 or 3 at a time even if you don't use Odin's method.

• Like 1

Lots of fixes! Working great right now. The only issue I ever had today was with the clothes at the prison: couldn't pick any clothes at all while every other item was easily picked.

Very well geared on 1PP servers.

156seb5.jpg

The prison as so many weapons! :o I believed Tatanko, but seeing it with my own eyes and learning about the items locations is really interesting!! The spawn placements for items there is very nice! :thumbsup:

25q57hs.jpg

2u8jxpv.jpg

ev2fkh.jpg

The prison as so many weapons! :o I believed Tatanko, but seeing it with my own eyes and learning about the items locations is really interesting!! The spawn placements for items there is very nice! :thumbsup:

They did do a really good job of placing loot spawns in the prison. It all follows very easily understood logic.

I played for about 2 hours this afternoon and I agree, I think it's ready for Stable. Sounds like we'll be getting yet another update tomorrow anyway though.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Any word on animals? Do they have their new AI back again or was that intentionally removed for now? Last build they seemed to be back in dumb mode.

When I tried this yesterday on the previous exp. build, there was no "cancel" text anymore. Maybe I just didn't scroll/hit action.

From what kind of rocks can I harvest stones with ice axe? Can it be used to get small stones from big rock formations?

Any word on animals? Do they have their new AI back again or was that intentionally removed for now? Last build they seemed to be back in dumb mode.

When I tried this yesterday on the previous exp. build, there was no "cancel" text anymore. Maybe I just didn't scroll/hit action.

The thing is, there's no canacel current action appearing with the scroll wheel, so I drink (used to be "collect water" yesterday! ) and go to my inventory to right click on a food item and then cancel animation, then press "f" again to take a sip.

Takes a little longer to get fully hydrated than the old spam, but it gets the job done in a few seconds. :thumbsup:

Edit: Placing the food item near where the mouse cursor appear when going to the inventory also reduce the time it takes overall.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Any word on animals? Do they have their new AI back again or was that intentionally removed for now?

Nope, seems to still be dumb and easy to kill.

• Like 1

Loving the pink and blue raincoat. Perfect for male and females that don't want a military/hunter look as well as adding variety to the mix of clothing we already have. I found a white sweater as well but i wounder if it comes in other colors to?

• Like 2

I have found that the most reliable workaround for the uninteractionable items is simply exiting the building where they are to be found and then entering it again. I have tried all the other workarounds (dragging them to vicinity, staying long etc) and this seems to be the only solution that works 100% of the time.

This is an amazing workaround. I wasn't sure I believed it when I read it, but it worked like a charm!

• Like 2

When you do a hardcore patch and an easy mode patch, it would be cool if you left some servers on the hard version. I much preferred yesterday's build to today's. I'm already stuffed, 1 minute after a spawn west of electro.

I guess I should add...

Or did I get an extremely lucky spawn?

Edited by JubeiDOK