boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

So much talk about Experimental branch ^^ on this page. ^^

Where are the servers? Hardware problen that affects experimental servers around the world?

Seems that when Hicks is away nothing happens on experimental branch.

Well let's hope they get the servers up for weekend. :)

Keep the offtopic talk in the offtopic, please.

Edited by kichilron

Oh lord, it's kinda normal that it is slow to have a fix... They have only 2 guys working on servers, both in different tasks...

Can someone tell me if EXP is working? I've just downloaded the patch and I can't seem to launch the game at all. When going back to stable I have no problems.

I have the same issue, the server's are no longer displaying the players that were on at the time of the crash but they're still not working, we just have to play stable and wait.

hopefully we also get to test an update to the experimental branch when the server get back up :) can't wait for it ... 0.52 is really getting old XD

on the experimental note, i wonder when we will see more hardware usage optimization trickle in.

dayz is using 1 core to the max and 5 more cores at low usage.

arma3 is spreading a bit better across 12 cores.

if ever

cant wait to get on exp tonight boofuckinya!

another 2 days without results... I think they should hire more server people... With 2 guys only working on that, it's kinda hard to take them seriously !!!

I know you guys doing what you can, but at some point... Shouldn't take 2 days for a company that generated such an amount of money to fix a server problem ! Some questions will rise sooner or later on if the team in place CAN handle such a project (Without insulting anyone) 

Admins : You guys want us to stay on topic and talk about experimental, but the majority of us couldn't even test it when it was working, so i think it's kinda normal that people don't really have anything interesting to say about the exp build that iso far, has been the slowest of them all to rise from the dead ! 

• Like 2

another 2 days without results... I think they should hire more server people... With 2 guys only working on that, it's kinda hard to take them seriously !!!

I know you guys doing what you can, but at some point... Shouldn't take 2 days for a company that generated such an amount of money to fix a server problem ! Some questions will rise sooner or later on if the team in place CAN handle such a project (Without insulting anyone) 

O.M.G.

Shut. Up.

At least those of us who are off-topic aren't wasting our breath whining. Don't you ever get sick of hearing yourself? Next time you have a thought like this, do everyone a favor and tell it to a wall in whatever room you happen to be in instead of posting it on the Internet. We'll all be grateful.

• Like 7

If you don't want to wait for the servers, GO BACK TO STABLE. 

They only have experimental servers so as not to disrupt the stable servers when they need "specific" data.

Whining on the boards only makes you look stupid for not understanding this.

If I recall, this experimental version was put together to test something "specific" on the server.

Looks like they broke it good, which is what they were trying to do.

Alpha testing may not be for you if you lack patience.

Edited by Drah
  • Like 8

I can take the backlash, so I'm going to go ahead and 'LOL' on this one. They rushed this out to have something on the same day as the H1Z1 early access release and all they end up doing is shooting themselves in the foot. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure shooting yourself in the foot would be counter productive to surviving the apoc. =P

I really don't think the update had anything to do with hardware failing (though I could be wrong, you never know). I'm also thinking the release was coincidental, because it's only Experimental which reaches a tiny chunk of the overall player base. Not to mention this isn't exactly an overwhelmingly impressive update to begin with; 0.52 was a much, much bigger influx of new user-facing changes and additions.

Staff leaving for PAX probably isn't helping the timeliness of solutions, though. Any reduction in staff will slow everything down.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Contrary to popular belief money doesn't fix everything. Too many cooks and so on.

Locked, until further notice.

• Like 2

so started experimental .... first thing i noticed was my naked spawn under the vybor bridge ...

second thing : unable to pick up 30% of the items ... also couldnt move them arround and then pick them up like in 0.52

positive : performance seems a lot better 

Its working fine for me, did some hunting and cooking. The new AI is certainly an improvement, a deer i came across managed to escape but i walked right up to a goat so it could use some tweaking. 

Since I won't have time to play until tomorrow (which may or may not be possible for Experimental): can anyone comment on the changes with cooking? Is it purely the new fireplace, stone oven, and working tripod or is there more to it than that?

I've noticed a few people mentioning that performance is better and I did notice that when I played it too.

Could anybody confirm whether that's simply a change to default config values, or whether that's actually something they've improved? I'm currently in the process of redownloading my entire Steam library (other than CS:GO and DayZ, as I installed those the second I reset my PC) and I'm not particularly keep on adding to the 400GB remaining.

Edited by Beizs

is it just me or the firekit is broken ? I can seem to find a way to ignite it and im' getting hyporthermic, i have : Matchbox, Kindling, rags, paper, bandage... Tried all combos of each of these but when i put it on the ground ican't do anything with it... Anyone experienced that ? Or better yet, overcame that ?

is it just me or the firekit is broken ? I can seem to find a way to ignite it and im' getting hyporthermic, i have : Matchbox, Kindling, rags, paper, bandage... Tried all combos of each of these but when i put it on the ground ican't do anything with it... Anyone experienced that ? Or better yet, overcame that ?

You need to add 5 sticks (take them in your hands and mouse whell over for the option) or 3 logs now. You can now add stones to make a furnace, and the "cooking stand" to attach the cooking pot.

I need assistance with what I am about to describe that happened to me, no, it is not about a hacker or scripter, just some thing I am not too sure is a bug or not.

So I find a truck in Pulkovo, yay!, I find a fuel can too so I refuel the truck and off I go, head through Zelengorsk and make it to the road heading south from Pavlovo to Kamarovo, the Military base is on my right when the server resets, which is pretty much where I want to be.  All fine so far, I saw the 5 minute warning and figure I'll go til the session is lost.  SO, I log back in and I am back in Pulkovo, standing where the truck was when I found it in the first place.  I am no where even close to where I was when the server reset. 

Question is, is this a bug?  Has it been reported and has it happened to any of you fine fellow gamers in experimental? 

This is actually the second time this has happened to me on experimental, happened up in Toploniki too in .52, I was out of the truck looking for a fuel can when the server reset.  Log back in and I am where the truck was, luckily the truck had respawned there also, this time, no such luck, I am stuck in the sticks..

KK it has been reported here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=20571 So I added a comment, please vote this one up.

Edited by Barnabus

You need to add 5 sticks (take them in your hands and mouse whell over for the option) or 3 logs now. You can now add stones to make a furnace, and the "cooking stand" to attach the cooking pot.

Yep, I can confirm this.  Many more slots in the fireplace, now you can cook all the meat from a kill.

• Like 1

I need assistance with what I am about to describe that happened to me, no, it is not about a hacker or scripter, just some thing I am not too sure is a bug or not.

So I find a truck in Pulkovo, yay!, I find a fuel can too so I refuel the truck and off I go, head through Zelengorsk and make it to the road heading south from Pavlovo to Kamarovo, the Military base is on my right when the server resets, which is pretty much where I want to be.  All fine so far, I saw the 5 minute warning and figure I'll go til the session is lost.  SO, I log back in and I am back in Pulkovo, standing where the truck was when I found it in the first place.  I am no where even close to where I was when the server reset. 

Question is, is this a bug?  Has it been reported and has it happened to any of you fine fellow gamers in experimental? 

This is actually the second time this has happened to me on experimental, happened up in Toploniki too in .52, I was out of the truck looking for a fuel can when the server reset.  Log back in and I am where the truck was, luckily the truck had respawned there also, this time, no such luck, I am stuck in the sticks..

Yes this is a bug. A bad bug in fact. If driving a truck and the server resets you are put back to the last time you were outside the vehicle. So if driving a truck i recommend getting out of it every 5-10 mins.

• Like 2

KK it has been reported here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=20571 So I added a comment, please vote this one up.

This is probably the "expect rolldbacks" Eugene talked about.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219042-twitter-eugen-in-todays-experimental-update-you-can-expect-quite-a-bit-of-desync-and-rollbacks-sanity-checks-that-will-need-tweaking/