SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Getting restarts every 10 min on experimental and it's becoming unplayable. 

If it's happening on stable too I'm probably not going to play until .50 is fixed, since the loot on .49 is terrible.

Edited by Borges
  • Like 1

fAv5LGw.jpg

GJDPFiJ.jpg

The new depot up in Kamensk and a lil view up from inside one of the bunkers back topside , Told ya i was goin back :D

• Like 4

Edit: sorry for the small size

Is anyone else's bow white, like the model lacks artwork? 1PP view:

Yes ashwood sticks are currently plain white. I think they're even shorter than they were before?

• Like 1

Im sure things need to be tweaked but now that its in i imagine we can get the necessary data off to the developers to get it fixed.

You didn't notice your "Cold" status going away at all?

Well I wasn't cold in the first place, I'm sure if I had a thermometer I'd have seen a difference though

That bunker is the only one of the four I haven't seen, and only because I didn't know it even existed until I saw Weyland's video earlier. I need to go check it out when I make my way back up north.

Don't we get enough status messages as it is? :P

I found a lockpick earlier and lost it because I picked it up as the server reset and -- wouldn't you know it -- it was gone when I returned, but they seem straightforward enough. The wire you can use in combination with a wooden stick to make a rabbit snare, and soon other things I'm sure. The lime you can use to accelerate the growth of tomatoes so it takes less time until they're able to be harvested. As I understand it, lime isn't necessary but it's a good time-saver and readily available.

There are more bunkers? Could you give a link to that video, pretty please? 

Edited by Dafix

Just look around, you'll find them.

As for those heatpacks, a Damaged one took me from Freezing to Cold fire about 5 minutes. Not spectacular, but better than nothing.

Loot spawns are still being worked out.  Some areas of the map will have an overabundance of loot, where many of the coastal new spawn towns won't have any loot, whatsoever.   I think I've died of starvation more in this patch than any before it.  It's random how this occurs, because I've respawned into Kamyshovo a few times and it was overflowing with loot in every buildiing.  And I can't believe how easy boots get ruined running from town to town.

Anyone else seeing way too much loot?.

I've had issues with shadows for a while now, pretty much always. I had always assumed that they were just an area of the game that would eventually get some more attention.

• Like 1

Well, one of the main reasons I like playing on Experimental servers was the lack of hackers.   That was until like 5 minutes ago.    I was just around the Myshinko Military Tents and was demolished by a teleporting hacker.   Bohemia Interactive, please fix the hacking!   Because none of your awesome new weapons, persistence of items, and gorgeous new towns will mean squat with hacking leering it's ugly head.

• Like 2

so i played dayz for about 30-45 minutes today :

- find an exp server, started to play for 15 sec then "no message received ...". ok bad luck, disconnect, found a new server. 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- played for 5 minutes then "no message received ...". ok, bad bad luck : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 2 minutes "no message received ...". FUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 10 minutes "no message received ...". FUUUUUUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 5 minutes "no message received ...". FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, played for 20 sec "no message received ..." : rage quit :thumbsup:

i'm back on stable :P

ps : if a dev read this, please remove the 69 sec timer from exp, it's totally unfair since servers crashes every 5 minutes.

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 3

- find an exp server, started to play for 15 sec then "no message received ...". ok bad luck, disconnect, found a new server. 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- played for 5 minutes then "no message received ...". ok, bad bad luck : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 2 minutes "no message received ...". FUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 10 minutes "no message received ...". FUUUUUUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, player for 5 minutes "no message received ...". FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK : 69 sec + 2 mn please wait.

- new server, played for 20 sec "no message received ..." : rage quit :thumbsup:

ps : if a dev read this, please remove the 69 sec timer from exp, it's totally unfair since servers crashes every 5 minutes.

Pretty much sums up the current state of experimental at the moment  <_<

It's not even the timer that bothers me. What really takes the cake is that AFTER the timer is done, I generally spend at least that much more time yet again at the "Please wait..." screen before I actually get put into the game. I'd say I end up waiting more like 150 seconds, not 70. It wasn't much of a problem until 0.50 either.

• Like 6

Guys I've seen some comments about not finding loot. If you want the new loot from exp branch then just enter a shed. I've found sledge hammers hacksaws wires hard hats and much more. I spawned near a shed and got a splitting axe.its as easy as pie(maybe easier).

Another place to search vehicles and trains. I found a reapeter in one of the train cars and a 1911 in a car trunk. Loot now spawns in cars again so take advantage of it.

Edited by DaNic2553

I have absolutely no clue why people get this "no message received for..." so often.

Is there something wrong with the current experimental being blocked by firewalls or being restricted somehow??

Friday I played for an hour an a half, without any interruptions or problems.

Yesterday I played for about 3 hours, again, without any kind of connection problems. Staying on the same server as they only restart every 6 hours.

I've never had this "no messages received for..." happen as often as described.

Edit: so often

Edited by Odin Lowe

I have absolutely no clue why people get this "no message received for..."

Is there something wrong with the current experimental being blocked by firewalls or being restricted somehow??

Yesterday I played for about 3 hours, again, without any kind of connection problems. Staying on the same server as they only restart every 6 hours.

I've never had this "no messages received for..." in the Stand Alone, only in the mod for me.

The no message received happens mostly when the server crashes/restarts. Servers crashes a lot sometimes.

The no message received happens mostly when the server crashes/restarts. Servers crashes a lot sometimes.

I know, but from my experience it doesn't  happen as often as other states. We just have different experiences I guess. I have it when the server restarts, but I just wait a few moments, and get back in the same server and I'm good for a few hours. (Unless the server crashed of course...)

• Like 1

I have absolutely no clue why people get this "no message received for..."

I've never had this "no messages received for..." in the Stand Alone, only in the mod for me.

i think we have a lot of "no messages received for..." today because it's sunday at rush hour.

but seriously, you never had that message since you play the standalone ??? that's absolutely insane :o

drunk post deleted :)

Edited by whiskeytango

i think we have a lot of "no messages received for..." today because it's sunday at rush hour.

but seriously, you never had that message since you play the standalone ??? that's absolutely insane :o

Personal mistake. :P  Needed the "not as often as described" added to my post, as I've had the "no message received" happen at the worst time quite a few times in DayZ. (Like a lot of players.) But not every 5 to 10 mins on experimental like others had.

There have been times where it's been so bad...I have been staring at a "No message received..." notification by the time my game loaded upon starting DayZ.