SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Many new things I'm unsure what to do with.. except the sledge hammer. Found that pretty useful! :P

3 crashes within 15 minutes. wasnt that bad prepatch.

edit: on the 75people server.

Edited by Axezeroone

I searched so many buildings and no backpacks....

Had strange general loot luck spawning near Elektro.

Double barrel, no shells.

100 rounds for Sporter, finds .22 mag for pistol. :/

Almost didn't pick up a damaged raincoat, 5 minutes later, rain.

Opened peaches with splitting axe and had 100% left.

Found the sledge but I've only come across 1 zed and that was when I had an axe.

I'm really really excited for the upcoming Zed AI upgrades. (I like killing zombies, ok?!)

I've also thought that when the audio changes come, it's going to be intense for those of us who have been playing with the same sounds for 2+ years.

I can't imagine NOT hearing that same bird over and over again....

This update has some very strange new trees in it.

*snip*

This reminds me of the black boxes that would pop up for me sometimes in the mod.

You should try eating it.

For science.

There is no option for eating it. LOL besides if im sure it would do quite well killing you if you were able to.

thanks for letting me know, i didnt think theyd call it a new build just cause of some 200mb update ;p

so a charwhipe on wednessday every week can be expected?

A "build" is akin to something like a sub-version, where two things can carry the same version number but be slightly different (or a lot different) from each other. Think of it as a snapshot of current development progress. The build number is what you see at the end of the version number: 0.50.125144 (using last week's build as an example), with 125144 being the particular build of 0.50.

Feather searching seems to be in. At least I haven't noticed this before

Nice! I'll give that a whirl later.

I'm really really excited for the upcoming Zed AI upgrades. (I like killing zombies, ok?!)

I do as well. When they finally have zombie pathfinding worked out and everything is operating as-it-should, I'm going to have a lot of fun fighting zombie hordes.

Edited by Tatanko

If the invisible infected hit you outside buildings, it's probably underground. Last week I spawned at Three Valleys and every time I crossed the street in front of the biggest of the two coast houses there was the usual growls and something attacked me - nothing ever chased me, the "invisible" infected attacked me only when I crossed the street. Chances are it was stuck/glitched underground, sometimes happens even at players.

There was a post early in this thread that did a good job of explaining this phenomenon. The op thinks that your character"s hit box actually gets stuck at the door way...while on screen you are clearly inside. Seemed to make sense to me.

This is my first time seeing the blue Reindeer backlava. Idk if its been there for awhile but iv never found one before only the pink striped one.

laD0tdj.jpg

I actually really like how they did the designs for this one. It came out really nice.

• Like 2

From reddit: you can now repair rain jackets with duct tape! 

GLZBtBZ.jpg

Quick test. Game was running smooth as silk.  ....just before client crash. What can you do with the metal wire?

You can use it to craft a rabbit snare!

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 8

Okay, so what do you need to lock / unlock a door and where do you find it? Gawd, I'm gonna take a break and play. So there! B)

Okay, so what do you need to lock / unlock a door and where do you find it? Gawd, I'm gonna take a break and play. So there! B)

I think you just need a lockpick in order to lock the door. (Pic)

Also:

-Locked door symbol

-You can hit the door a few times w/ a melee weapon to break the lock (Pic)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 5

Someone can confirm the loot on military tents? Booth airfield and new balota base.

You can dig slots (8 max) in greenhouse and start to fertilize the soil.

FGhVQax.jpg

JWThFEg.jpg

• Like 12

You can dig slots (8 max) in greenhouse and start to fertilize the soil.

FGhVQax.jpg

JWThFEg.jpg

I really hope we will be able to build something like that AWAY from a town at our bases. Can you make crops without that or do you need to be near buildings and towns to do this?

Edited by Max Planck

One of the things I'm really liking so far is the lack of intense brightness of your character's appearance in the Inventory screen. Items, too, seem to have a much more dull and less shiny hue to them. 

• Like 2

I really hope we will be able to build something like that AWAY from a town at our bases. Can you make crops without that or do you need to be near buildings and towns to do this?

Probably that's the only place/building you can do this so far but I haven't tested better. I'm not sure what should I do now or are there seeds in the game? I tried with a eatable tomato because tomato plant was mentioned in the dev blog but it didn't do anything.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Probably that's the only place/building you can do this so far but I haven't tested better. I'm not sure what should I do now or are there seeds in the game?

They should be but you gotta hunt for them.

• Like 1

Finally, you can repair Vests with Duct Tape. It took the tape from 100% down to 95% and it said that you've "reinforced" the Vest with the Duct Tape. It stayed Damaged, though.

KRtwQ5Q.jpg?1

• Like 4

I can not play the game for more then 5 minutes without it crashing, me and my friends, so is this happening to everyone or am i just unlucky.?

Edited by anotherdeadhero

Guys, don't go upstairs in buildings! Especially at construction yards (like the one in Berezino) or at the castle towers. It will cause instant death since your invisible character will fall through the floor and die!