SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

It will be fun to play around with growing things though! :)

Just like when we were younger ........ :)

Ehm nvm, UPDATE! 739MB. Have fun, mates !

• Like 2

I cant wait to holler out from some dark hidey spot ,,,, " HEY YOU KIDS , GET OUTTA MUH GARDEN !! " B)

In before a gun fight starts over someones "land"

That actually sounds like a ton of fun. Farm battles! :D Hopefully no poor, innocent cows get caught in the crossfire.

Barricading and horticulture ? My two favorite things on the roadmap are now in game ? Holy shize I need to get outta work .

Guys are trying to aproach the game from immersion with realism standpoint. So you take something here, and add something there. But to be exact, even for injuries there is like 2-3 hours discussion ongoing just today. Everything will just take time. If something does not feel right. There is pretty high chance it is just first iteration and it will get changed down the road.

That's good - as I said, an healthy dose of realism is good because it's the trademark of the game and its setting.

Even "minor" addition like weather influecing body temperature and a different calories consumption rate are already steering the gameplay from the old arcade Berezino slugfest towards a more slow-paced, unique survival game. I just hope the developers does not use an heavy hand on realism...for example: needing a blade to cut a particular wood stick, a rope, a farming hoe to dig earthworms, a fishing hook, a kitchen knife to fillet the fish, matches, tinder AND a proper axe to cut a wood log to light a fire just to be able to eat a fish is a little extreme, at least IMHO.

Very immersive and rather realistic, of course. But enjoyable on the long run? Hardly.

Quick test. Game was running smooth as silk.  ....just before client crash. What can you do with the metal wire?

edit. Cliet crashing continuously... :(

Edited by Seitan

Boy o boy, some one, whom I will not name, but he is a Dev and his name rhymes with dicks, needs to quit acting like he is a Major in the US Army.  Please, reinsert you frontal cortex and take a valium.  Unless you really are a Major in the US Army, then I am so sorry but it is too late for you since that particular jar has already been studied, poked, prodded and incinerated.

Edited by Max Planck
Not cool, man.

Quick test. Game was running smooth as silk.  ....just before client crash. What can you do with the metal wire?

Sounds like you'll use it for rabbit traps. Not sure if that's actually implemented or not, also not sure what other uses there will be but presumably many.

was there a character whipe? or is my char gone because i went to stable for an hour?

There is a character wipe with every new build of Experimental. Always.

Edited by Tatanko

Sounds like you'll use it for rabbit traps. Not sure if that's actually implemented or not, also not sure what other uses there will be but presumably many.

There is a character wipe with every new build of Experimental. Always.

thanks for letting me know, i didnt think theyd call it a new build just cause of some 200mb update ;p

so a charwhipe on wednessday every week can be expected?

Boy o boy, some one, whom I will not name, but he is a Dev and his name rhymes with dicks, needs to quit acting like he is a Major in the US Army.  Please, reinsert you frontal cortex and take a valium.  Unless you really are a Major in the US Army, then I am so sorry but it is too late for you since that particular jar has already been studied, poked, prodded and incinerated.

Have a little break.

Client crashes occour more frequently the longer i play. My first attempt went 20 minutes, my last one ( think it was the sixth ) it was only 3 minutes. Unfortunately that prevented me from trying out the new stuff. One time, i crashed while standing on a bag of Garden Lime :(

And someone locked the doors of the power plant fire station in Elektro on DE0-1 - hey Buddy, if you read this, you forgot the backdoor. :)

Will try again later.

Something has changed with the graphics. Character in the inventory screen looks bit different. HDR changes? Or just inventory has something changed?

Edited by St. Jimmy

thanks for letting me know, i didnt think theyd call it a new build just cause of some 200mb update ;p

so a charwhipe on wednessday every week can be expected?

No, just on every experimental branch update, which is not necessarily every week and not necessarily on a wednesday. It's always been like that.

Something has changed with the graphics. Character in the inventory screen looks bit different. HDR changes? Or just inventory has something changed?

They changed most item images AFAIK. Sledgehammer is great, one hit kill to the head :D 

Loot is plenty, although I played on freshly restarted server.

Feather searching seems to be in. At least I haven't noticed this before

Xjxiq6V.jpg

• Like 7

Locking doors and lockpicking sounds fantastic, keen to see peoples experiments with it, can the door be broken down/opened without a lockpick if you have a weapon or even using your fists yet or is Orlok going to keep is victims captive in a room somewhere.

VGXAn2w.jpg

Locked door symbol

H1casUA.jpg

• Like 4

One more class for today and I'm starting my farm, I already know where it's going.

This update has some very strange new trees in it.

R1h87J9.jpg?1