SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I wish they would let us put tthings over each other. Like longjohns or a tshirt. Take the raincoat, it should cover your clothes, not swap it

Too many layers could be difficult to code in the game; but raincoats, for example, should indeed use the "vest" slot, and be worn over any kind of jacket/shirt the characters are wearing. I'm intrigued by the idea of seasons causing more/less calories consumption - that's a really good idea...I'm a bit worried by people noobspawning in a server set in december, january or february and having to play "hardcore mode" for a while. It could be a problem if the calories consumption and loot spawn remains invariated.

But anyway...wow, that's great. It's really the kind of ideas I hoped to see in this game. Kudos to Bohemia Interactive

Edited by DocWolf

Holy ... Crap ... I can't believe nobody guessed that for why we were burning such hard Cals... But that's awesome I cannot wait to see if there's gonna be legit snow in a Few months maybe ?? ;)

Snow is something I've been looking forward to since January! :)

Im pretty sure its the same place , where the veg stopped on the other side of the mountain north of svet where the hole in the ocean floor to nowhere used to be  , ive got pics from it before and after the changes , its cool

Take a look again. In the video, you'll see that the vegetation on the ground near the "hole" stops well before it gets to the water. The area where Berezhki is has always had grass, bushes, etc. clear up to the edge of the water. If you don't believe me, go to Berezhki and travel a little farther up the coast and see for yourself. I haven't been there recently to know if that part has changed at all, but I'm 100% sure I know what I'm talking about :p

I think making the game too hard will turn many gamers away. There is a reason games come with difficulty levels. I do wonder if they will do this with Dayz.

I hope they don't. I don't see how it would even be possible -- or why you would want to turn down the difficulty. The game is not that hard. If people are turned away by the difficulty, then they can go back to playing Call of Duty and camping in a corner.

• Like 1

Offtopic while i spam-refresh DayZ's steamdb page, has anyone ever noticed that the tooltip for the steamdb logo says "Oreos!"? .... lol

Any official word on when Exp servers will be back up after the current maintenance?

Z

Well, that's all fine and dandy and now that I know I can do it in December I am fairly sure that September ought to be a piece of cake.  I just hope they fix that damn walking/control bug, it was just killing me on 1st person only servers.  Not so bad on 3rd person but it was still an issue at times. 

I just hope they fix that damn walking/control bug, it was just killing me on 1st person only servers.  Not so bad on 3rd person but it was still an issue at times. 

Eugen on that on reddit:

Should be fixed, after that we havent been able to reproduce it. But there was limited time to test it. So cannot be sure 100%

• Like 1

Any official word on when Exp servers will be back up after the current maintenance?

Nah. There never really is. Basically, they'll let us know when the servers are back up... or you can spam refresh on the server list once you've updated your client.

Well, that's all fine and dandy and now that I know I can do it in December I am fairly sure that September ought to be a piece of cake. 

I'm hoping for the same. Either way, the knowledge I've gained playing the first build of 0.50 should make it easier for me even if it's still the same level of challenging.

• Like 2

Your probably right Tatanko , it just looks real familiar , im horrible at posting pics on this forum , but i can put up a couple links to my screenshots , and youll see why i got it confused , it looks alot like the same spot.

before maybe ? lol

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283268990

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283330578

and after ? i think

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323360223

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323360316

Its so hard to tell some times after they finish the terraforming and adding things if im in the same spot or not lol

Your probably right Tatanko , it just looks real familiar , im horrible at posting pics on this forum , but i can put up a couple links to my screenshots , and youll see why i got it confused , it looks alot like the same spot.

before maybe ? lol

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283268990

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283330578

and after ? i think

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323360223

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323360316

Its so hard to tell some times after they finish the terraforming and adding things if im in the same spot or not lol

Take a look at a screenshot I took a few weeks back before they added Berezhki:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:Berezhki_empty_1c.jpg

I know that isn't the most ideal vantage point to see the waterline (click to expand it to a larger size and you can see better), but hopefully you can see that there's trees and grass pretty much the whole way to the water. The only major change I noticed when they added the village was that rock formation that juts out into the water.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Cool ! i see what ya mean  , its alot of fun to see the map develop and talk to others about places and similiar adventures exploring.

Offtopic while i spam-refresh DayZ's steamdb page, has anyone ever noticed that the tooltip for the steamdb logo says "Oreos!"? .... lol

That's weird... I'm pretty sure there was a tweet by one of the dayz devs a few months back showing their favorite "American junk food" and there was Oreos in the picture lol coincidence ?who knows ... If they only knew about twinkies ;) . 'Merica for the win .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

So what exactly is planned for the release to stable of .50, I read it would be a minor bugfixing patch etc. But the Rossi and the Mp133 look very close to finished.

I feel like after the last week, tonight's build its going to feel like crazy easy mode. Still excited to play.

• Like 1

So what exactly is planned for the release to stable of .50, I read it would be a minor bugfixing patch etc. But the Rossi and the Mp133 look very close to finished.

The most important things that Eugen mentioned was that they set the ingame month to september now ( previously set to december ) so hypothermia should be less of an issue. Also hunger and thirst numbers got tweaked. No info about items, though.

EDIT: And no cars, thats also confirmed.

Edited by ChainReactor

any chance for an release today ? 

.49 is unplayable for me

I think making the game too hard will turn many gamers away. There is a reason games come with difficulty levels. I do wonder if they will do this with Dayz.

I actually like the though of needing more food. I have when I have to leave food behing cause I either dont need it or have anought stored. So I guess now we really will need alll those finds. BUT they really need to change the stuffed part, cause last time I checked no one could be stuffed and still die of hunger and thirst.

About the weather. It sound cool but my problem is still the different clothes we need/will need for them. Clothes take too much storage space and have too few lots. I just dont bother with them when I find the camo clothes that have the most space. I wish they would let us put tthings over each other. Like longjohns or a tshirt. Take the raincoat, it should cover your clothes, not swap it. They could also make clothes fold into smaller lots when you store them. That would really help.

I play this game and all games for challenge(Which i presume most people do).Besides the spawning factor of things this game is all essentially based on cunning skill of an individual in different situations. Sometimes under the most grotesque circumstances, but you make with what you do. It's all essential for survival of the fittest you must adapt to survive or be wiped out to the point of extinction. This game is not based with special traits to level up, but yet it does take hours to get What your happy with to survive and venture. Which in my stand point is realistic. Yeah the spawning is a little messed up with bugs. If you take the time to search everything and places you wouldn't of searched before you'd be surprised on what you find.

Yes, the Official Snack Food of the Zombie Apocalypse is and should be Twinkies .  I wonder if they would call them "Golden Cakes" or some such, but we really should have them.  Yes, even just south of Russia.

:D

Z

867.3 MB downloading now (I went back to stable for a bit)

The most important things that Eugen mentioned was that they set the ingame month to september now ( previously set to december ) so hypothermia should be less of an issue. Also hunger and thirst numbers got tweaked. No info about items, though.

EDIT: And no cars, thats also confirmed.

I imagine that since the weather will be a little bit warmer we should have reduced need for calories too. 

Twinkies are ok, especially now that they are back, but I prefer the Cupcakes.

Edited by Barnabus

GUYS TELL ME IF THEY ADDED THE NEW GUNS AND STUFF I WILL BE ON IN A FEW HOURS TO GIVE MY FEED BACK :D SO HAPPY

GUYS TELL ME IF THEY ADDED THE NEW GUNS AND STUFF I WILL BE ON IN A FEW HOURS TO GIVE MY FEED BACK :D SO HAPPY

It's quite loud in here, isn't it ?

• Like 3

First bug found: Neither machetes nor kitchen knives open sardines. :( They will open cans of beans/peaches though! Edit: Tried a can opener to no avail.

Edit: Finding loot in places that I haven't seen it ever/ for a while. (Small sheds, certain rooms of buildings, even the wooden houses!)

Edit again: Found a welding mask! Also, loot seems to be spawning very fast. Seeing items around me that weren't there a second ago.

Also found a rangefinder.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Wow, CTD right as I logged in and tried to drop my flashlight.

Twinkies are ok, especially now that they are back, but I prefer the Cupcakes.

Don't even get me started on those cupcakes ...

As long as were talking hostess cupcakes, I can eat like 8 of the orange ones in one sitting .. Let us all rejoice with orange (or chocolate) hostess cupcakes and twinkies tonight while we all play the new experimental ! But I'm going on after work ends at 9 tonight so somebody post awesome screenies of new stuff when they find it please ?