haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

quick question: what does this do?

Adds vehicles.

:D

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

quick question: what does this do?

Things like Visual C++ Redist, .NET Framework, etc are runtime files that enable users to use programs that use those programming backends. So it does nothing specific, just makes sure your PC has all the required runetime files to run a particular application. I'm guessing DayZ has needed this all long, they just weren't included in the installer until now. Including this in the installer likely prevents a number of issues if you didn't already have it.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2014 at 9:36 PM, solodude23 said:

Adds vehicles.

:D

250px-Sixten.jpg

Was about time that I could ride my mighty Betty.

• Like 2

So wait, there is a thread for a new experimental in what? the hopes that it will be out soon. Bit premature don't you think, it got me all exited. Wow what an anti-climax!

It will be out soon, today most likely, the exps were down, now they are back up, if you try to go in now you'll get rejected for bad version.

990.8 mb is coming

Let the downloading commence!

Aight, time to dress up as firefighter and go knock down some doors.

Any of u guys like me, downloading naked just to get that sensual downloading patch rush?

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Guys, it's a really huge update ^^ almost 1GB, first i thought we will get new renderer but that not make sense they should mention it in status report but guys it's a big update and i think we will get a bit more surprise than before :D

Any of u guys like me, downloading naked just to get that sensual downloading patch rush?

TMI  LOL, and NO

• Like 3

Oh snap, the VC++ 2010 is a new requirement. That sounds like a fairly large engine change to

How is this going to effect people with the last version minimum requirement?

(Also I am praying for meself that this is not going to be one of those casses where my high spec computer cant run it for some magical reason like with Magica or Natural Selection)

OMG you can run up and down stairs.

And sewing kits seem to be broken. Edit: Apparently it just took a bit. (Lag perhaps)

Also, I've been sprinting around with a hoodie on. Got messages such as, "I am hot" and "I am sweating" 

Edited by solodude23

OMG you can run up and down stairs.

And sewing kits seem to be broken.

Also, I've been sprinting around with a hoodie on. Got messages such as, "I am hot" and "I am sweating"

Keep running, we must know if you die.

• Like 7

How is this going to effect people with the last version minimum requirement?

(Also I am praying for meself that this is not going to be one of those casses where my high spec computer cant run it for some magical reason like with Magica or Natural Selection)

Should have 0 effect. It's just a software requirement.

• Like 2

I just tried the new version.

Absolutely a whole stack smoother but despite searching around 20 houses and the police station in Krasnostav, and all the doors were unopened, I didn't find a single item of loot, clothing or otherwise.

Eventually died of hunger but as far as the engine is concerned, much better.

Thinking about it, I didn't see any zombies either!!!

Edited by bizw0z

Anyone else not having chemlights light up?

@bizow you might have been on a server that was fresh after booting.

@solodude23 thought that too, yet the pants had been fixed later on, was just another lag probably

I didnt see any zeds for the first 10-20 minutes either, then they began showing up,

Right now its laggy though, got a few desyncs and setbacks. Zeds running through doors/walls.

Patch needs tuning.

Despite that, controls seemed to be smoother yet again. Gameplay felt nice. I'm excited how it's gonna be once they've polished that version a little more.

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 1

Looks like the fire axe is useless again, killed by 3 of them suckers no hits on them with a fire axe that I could see.  Had zeds fall though the ceiling near me in a fire station, no effect on them at all where I would have been dead.

No problem finding loot at all, damn near fully geared too, had some nice stuff all from in and around New Novo.  Oh well.  I shall get naked to fight zeds till I find a melee weapon that takes them down..

Edited by Barnabus