Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I have not visited a military base, yet I have a Mosin with LRS & PSU (badly damaged so I threw it) a shotty (sawn off) and a Sporter with a 30 charger and a pack of ammo to go with it,

A pack of each 45./357/380 ammo and a MP5 magazine but no hand gun as of yet.

Seen a couple of SKS's but no ammo so far.

I'm now hunting for a large backpack but only because I want to go fishing with the rod I have crafted.

I have two stashes in the woods made from burlap sacks/rope & sticks which have carried over 8 or more server restarts, so yes I am hording but only that which is essential, a spare compass/map/food, so no and so forth...

Look, no hands military bases !

Same here, got my mosin, knife and matches now i play "evade and escape" ;)

Got makarow+mag, crx mag, longhorn and little sks ammo. Zip military bases ;)

Tips with fishingrod, put splitting axe in your backpack 4 slots and fishingrod on your back ;)

Edited by Grzech

I do not mind hunting the map for gear... but when I do find the AKM and then promptly stand up and throw it into oblivion..... will that does suck

I have decided bugs are currently a greater threat than Zombies

Edited by muzzlehead

I wish they'd post a status update about that update. :|

then promptly stand up and through it into oblivion.....

Through what?

:P

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

This game with DirectX 11

10549254_607579449361005_626374155516287

Hey what have they added dx11 ( i havent seen an option to change it??) or is this a mock up shot running dayz chernarus in arma3 ?

EDIT looks epic though ..

Edited by SoulFirez

Just because all the doors are shut doesn't mean anything. I always close all doors behind me. Even the inside ones. First off I want people like you to feel comfortable. If they enter my building I want them to be at ease in case I have to ambush them. I ain't making it easy for anybody.

As a general rule, most buildings with all closed doors are unlooted. Especially when you come across a town with all closed doors. Closing the doors is a good tactic to lie in wait. I got killed at NWA once when I got lazy and ran into the jail without peeping upstairs first and shot in the back going up the stairs. In the other guys defense, I had my gun out to deal with a zed so he heard shots and I came running in. It was one of the only deaths where I smiled and said, that was stupid.

That will never happen again.

I made a run last night for a few hours on the SE server. It had about 15-20 people on it and it was night so I figured I could cover some decent ground. I started in Zeno, down to the base, down to the absolute SW corner, all doors opened along the way. Continued onto Balota, never saw a soul or a speck of decent loot. Three full military locations and only a badly damaged AK hand guard for military loot. Six towns and only soda, pliers and hammers. Nothing at the schools and hospitals, nada. I did see two crossbows but I've yet to see a single bolt in all my EXP time. And I did find that new carbine upstairs at a factory but I've never seen a clip for it.

Things I used to see and haven't yet include:

Can opener

Morphine

Yellow protector cases

Ammo box

Also, within the hours I was on, the server never restarted. Other than two sessions lost, I have not been on during a restart. I am waiting for the restart warning so I can do a happy dance by my PC because I've been waiting so long for that. I won't change my backpack on vanilla ever again once I get one because the last two times I did, the server restarted with my gear on the ground.

Here's the absolute deterrent of attempting to salvage my loot for your own personal gain... The last great act of defiance, a giant F.U. as I pull the pin before you rape my cold dead corpse.  I do hope that this becomes such a reality.  I would sleep much better.  Instead of "your are dead" the message mutates to "every one is dead".  The old Klingon proverb, something about revenge being a dish best served cold!

gCcrkD8.jpg

So you want COD martyrdom??? That was one of the cheesiest and cheapest things ever put in a video game. Let's reward someone for dying over and over because they suck and we want them to keep playing our game. It's like today's current "participation awards" for this generation of soft minded and sensitive youth.
  • Like 6

On Sunday I decided it was time to test the persistant storage feature on experimental and set out to find a tent.  My reasoning for such was because loot is hard to find on experimental and anything extra could be stored for when myself or my friends needed something. 

After about 2 hours I found a tent and had an idea where I wanted to place it.  Once I got there I set it up and took it down more than 2 dozen times trying to get it into just the right spot that nobody would happen upon it. 

I went out and killed a couple of animals and stocked the tent with the meat, an extra gun and ammo I had and went back about my way.  There was a server restart so I went back to see if it was stil there and it was, all was good.  The only thing when I went back was at first I couldn't see the items I had placed in it until I went all the way to the back of the tent.  All the slots were full!  I also couldn't close the tent but didn't really see this as an issue.

When I got home from work yesterday I went to the spot of my beloved tent and it was gone!  Almost all of the items that were in it were stacked on top of each other which were 20 high.  The gun and extra ammo were gone.  I can't for the life of me imagine how someone could have found it but I know it's possible so I went to a spot where I could see the remaining loot from and watched for about an hour.  No sign of anyone so I went about my business to return again later and all of the other items were gone.

So my question is are tents working in experimental and does anyone have any first hand knowledge with tents in experimental only?  Do you think it was a glitch or do you think someone actually found my stash that quickly and stole all of my loot?

Punisher

• Like 2

Sounds like u were robbed.

The tent would not despawn and just leave ur items behind. If it despawned it would take the contents with it

Where did u hide the tent ?

So my question is are tents working in experimental and does anyone have any first hand knowledge with tents in experimental only? 

Obviously there is a problem.

I am using backpacks to store gear, the invisible gear problem is the same but can be solved by putting the backpack on my back, something that is not possible with a tent.

I can not add more as I have not experimented with tents.

I believe Servo is supposed to be up on the great northern road where now there is only a train station on a hill.

Severograd will be in "central" Chernarus, per a tweet from Senchi. Not the north. The two towns being added in the next EXP update will be northwest of the NWAF.

Obviously there is a problem.

I am using backpacks to store gear, the invisible gear problem is the same but can be solved by putting the backpack on my back, something that is not possible with a tent.

I can not add more as I have not experimented with tents.

I guess I will let everyone in on the secret. The items you place in a container don't "DISAPPEAR" they simply go invisible. So, as mentioned above, if you place the backpack on your back you can see the items again. also, if you simply move an item in the backpack ALL items appear (at least in my experience) so I tend to leave an empty space in the bottom right corner of the container so when I return I can place an item there so everything will show. this works for both tents and backpacks. i have been using 3 green mountain backpacks for my extra stuff because i was unable to find tent after last patch and they have been there for days.

• Like 1

I do not mind hunting the map for gear... but when I do find the AKM and then promptly stand up and through it into oblivion..... will that does suck

I have decided bugs are currently a greater threat than Zombies

I've seen many people stating this. When this happens do you guys look around you, on the ground? I've thrown my gun due to this bug plenty of times, but I have never lost one. It's always somewhere on the ground close to me.

Sounds like u were robbed.

The tent would not despawn and just leave ur items behind. If it despawned it would take the contents with it

Where did u hide the tent ?

It was in the north, 4 kilometers from anything that might have loot and 1 kilometer from the edge of the map.  I believe I was robbed but it's blows my mind that anyone would have been out there let alone see it.

It was in the north, 4 kilometers from anything that might have loot and 1 kilometer from the edge of the map.  I believe I was robbed but it's blows my mind that anyone would have been out there let alone see it.

U have to remember other players will flock towards the same areas to hide tents. The exp servers are also highly trafficked.

Out in those remote areas there are also chicken coops. Many people walk the forests on the edge of the map in search of a tent from a coop and could have just found yours.

On Sunday I decided it was time to test the persistant storage feature on experimental and set out to find a tent.  My reasoning for such was because loot is hard to find on experimental and anything extra could be stored for when myself or my friends needed something. 

After about 2 hours I found a tent and had an idea where I wanted to place it.  Once I got there I set it up and took it down more than 2 dozen times trying to get it into just the right spot that nobody would happen upon it. 

I went out and killed a couple of animals and stocked the tent with the meat, an extra gun and ammo I had and went back about my way.  There was a server restart so I went back to see if it was stil there and it was, all was good.  The only thing when I went back was at first I couldn't see the items I had placed in it until I went all the way to the back of the tent.  All the slots were full!  I also couldn't close the tent but didn't really see this as an issue.

When I got home from work yesterday I went to the spot of my beloved tent and it was gone!  Almost all of the items that were in it were stacked on top of each other which were 20 high.  The gun and extra ammo were gone.  I can't for the life of me imagine how someone could have found it but I know it's possible so I went to a spot where I could see the remaining loot from and watched for about an hour.  No sign of anyone so I went about my business to return again later and all of the other items were gone.

So my question is are tents working in experimental and does anyone have any first hand knowledge with tents in experimental only?  Do you think it was a glitch or do you think someone actually found my stash that quickly and stole all of my loot?

Punisher

It definitely sounds like you were robbed. The not being able to see container items is something we continue to work on, but as far as the tents goes - the items being stacked on top of each other is a dead giveaway to a robbery.

• Like 2

I guess I will let everyone in on the secret. The items you place in a container don't "DISAPPEAR" they simply go invisible. So, as mentioned above, if you place the backpack on your back you can see the items again. also, if you simply move an item in the backpack ALL items appear (at least in my experience) so I tend to leave an empty space in the bottom right corner of the container so when I return I can place an item there so everything will show. this works for both tents and backpacks. i have been using 3 green mountain backpacks for my extra stuff because i was unable to find tent after last patch and they have been there for days.

What this guy says is the truth. As mentioned above, it is something we are working on.

• Like 2

Punisher

Almost same thing happened to me, and others too. There is some bugs with the tents, but there is also the possibility a hacker got your tent. Normal players might not have seen it, but a scripter/hacker with ESP can see players and items for miles away so  my guess is that they can use this to find player tents and steal their stuff.

We might never know what really happened, but let's hope eventually both those problems will be fixed.

It's funny to read the debate on loot cycling/server hopping going on over the last few pages. This can all be solved with one simple add; anything can spawn anywhere. Come on, just try it, once. We're not at the beginning of this epidemic, there is no reason to believe that everything in the world should be in order. I want to find an AKM mag on a table in a house. I want to find an M4 leaning on a bench at a camp site. I want to find a pile of grenades on the top of castle. I want to find an FNX on the dead zombie I just killed. I want to find different things in different places each and every time I play the game. If you can't predict what loot will spawn and where it will spawn, both problems go away.

• Like 4

Still rubberbanding, but this one was the weirdest yet.  Guy was chasing me with an axe, I was figuring out whether I should talk him out of it or just shoot - then bam!  Suddenly I am forty meters behind him - and running the other way!  All my prior experience with such was simply banging back to where I had been, five, ten, or even thirty seconds before; never had a directional change as well.

I let the guy live.  Yeah, I am a softie.

Z

• Like 2

EXP Servers off line ATT.  Pushing update to servers?

Yaaaay.

Z

EXP Servers off line ATT.  Pushing update to servers?

• Like 1

Well, time for lunch I guess.