SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Nice! Second 5.56 gun!!  I'm gonna check it out later today. I hope there wasn't any "wipe" as my character was all ready for this weekend. Fisherman style, ready to show my friends a few features they didn't get the chance to see yet.

ya i just found this gun. don't have any ammo to fire it up for a test.ak101.jpg

oh shit they blew it 

rip ak74 and 5.45

P.S Looked at the stats. The AK101 is nospread like the AKM.

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 2

Joined a server at about 6:00pm (server time) played for an hour and have yet to find any food :D It's like a plague of locusts have stormed through.

Has anyone ever successfully picked an apple from a tree yet?

Anyone else getting rare but massive rubber banding i.e. you go back to where you were 90 seconds ago. Twice in an hour it happened to me.

Edited by freethink

How's the AK101? We know the ballistics of the nato rounds but I'm interested how it fares recoil, dispersion and ROF wise compared to the other two ARs.

Edited by Infiltrator

@ freethink: With berries and apples you need to spam "F" like you're drinking water. They will fill any empty slots in your inv. then end up on the ground.

*quote function is borked for me again.

Edited by MarchHare
  • Like 1

Nice! Second 5.56 gun!!  I'm gonna check it out later today. I hope there wasn't any "wipe" as my character was all ready for this weekend. Fisherman style, ready to show my friends a few features they didn't get the chance to see yet.

My character was wiped btw. 

One part of me loves the AK101, the other part is sad because it wasn't one of the civilian guns that they added.

I'm glad they did this though, now almost every Ammo type fits 2 guns. Is the AK101 a civilian market or military rifle btw?

I cant even see straight..

they added my precious AK101 !!!!!!!!

time to go pass out from excitement. 

P.S Looked at the stats. The AK101 is nospread like the AKM.

Now is prime time to fix ALL of the dispersion ratings for every weapon (more specifically the M4A1)

Using an AR-15 very often IRL, I want to carry a M4A1 in-game. But with it's terrible dispersion, I choose not to.

Finally an experimental patch which is of great quality, played about three hours of it tonight and was probably one of the most memorable plays that i have had in DayZ! 

Well done devs, hopefully this is a sign of the things to come!!!

P.S. I do believe that nights are a tad too light, somewhere between what it used to be and what it is now would be best imho.

Edited by JamesLennoxHood
  • Like 2

Welp, I guess we won't get AK-74, AKS-74, AKS-74U, RPK-74. GG

No misser

I see they've been working on the sounds. I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear the ridiculous echo in the rooms with tiled floors has gone.

New Pistol makarov (.380) , SMG, AK101, Glasses

ApKsvRM.jpg

uKnOBzd.jpg

jj208Xc.jpg

Zc3VOWL.jpg

UTx4IAG.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

New Pistol makarov (.380) , SMG, AK101, Glasses

ApKsvRM.jpg

uKnOBzd.jpg

jj208Xc.jpg

Zc3VOWL.jpg

UTx4IAG.jpg

The glasses are fake and most of those pictures came from dayz tv's previews which were made last week

• Like 1

Finally an experimental patch which is of great quality, played about three hours of it tonight and was probably one of the most memorable plays that i have had in DayZ! 

Well done devs, hopefully this is a sign of the things to come!!!

P.S. I do believe that nights are a tad too light, somewhere between what it used to be and what it is now would be best imho.

Keep night the way it is. I don't want the bullshit where I can't even see my character.

Been having some problems getting food. Erry time a major exp update goes through. 

so are servers just not restarting any longer? I enjoy the dark as much as the next guy, but, every town has been picked dry.....

• Like 2

Random Sudden-Death-Syndrom killed me again, at the first floor after walking stairs... that destroys the whole game experience for me by now. No other bug is more frustrating and demoralising...

• Like 2

LMB bug is back and with a vengeance, was engaging 2 zeds killed one then the bug hit, knocked out then dead.  In fact, I haven't come back after being knocked out at all recently.

My character was wiped btw. 

Yeah, mine too. I don't mind wipes at all, but this one had very bad timing as I was gonna show some old/new additions to my close friends who I don't see very often and that don't own or play much of DayZ, and I was all "geared" up for it. (fishing rod, lots of bait, a freshly caught carp, a boonie pimped with some tackles on it, a fire kit and logs to cook the fish we were gonna catch etc...  fishing week-end lol!! ) 

I already started new characters and have some of the items back. Still need to find a few things and I'll be ready again.