SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

The only bitch i have is that you took my night time away from me. I liked the old night, it was scary. Get rid of gamma option if possible and put the darkness back in. Stupid gamma sliding bitches! Thanks for all your hard work otherwise.

The new nights are more realistic though, but if you want the old nights back: use a chemlight and you are going to see almost nothing.

The new nights are more realistic though, but if you want the old nights back: use a chemlight and you are going to see almost nothing.

I wouldn't call the new nights or the old nights particularly realistic. Right now it's nearly as bright as the suburbs I live in at night...which are well lit. Without the moon or light pollution night's not far off from the old DayZ nights. This is probably just temporary so everyone can see well at night rather than just those using the gamma glitch.

Edited by solodude23

I understand the whole eyes adjusting to the dark and stuff, but when i get off of work at night and i get home it is dark inside the house. I am not able to see everything on the floor. Am I gonna step on a cat? I don't know, I cant see anything until I turn the lights on. When I go camping I cant see the trees 500 meters away at night, especially in a heavily wooded area. /end rant 

On a more serious note, I love you all!!!

• Like 2

It's never tomorrow, it only ever stays today.. ;)

from you to you

Edited by zdrago666

Bother reading the DevTracker?

I do have the odd glance, but that was only just posted.

I actually thought the update was client side and was expecting Steam to throw down some files.

23 mins ago that was, Eugene defiantly needs to get quickstepping before the forums break down in tears...

• Like 2

23 mins ago that was, Eugene defiantly needs to get quickstepping before the forums break down in tears...

im-freaking-out-man.jpeg?w=500&h=400

23 mins ago that was

Not from my initial post. Still not that it matters, nice to see it happening today. Normally I'm not that bothered about updates but the freezing issue has made the game quite difficult to play.

Not from my initial post. Still not that it matters, nice to see it happening today. Normally I'm not that bothered about updates but the freezing issue has made the game quite difficult to play.

Don't hold your breath, anything could happen in the next half hour.

I'll check back in a couple of hours, give em a bit of leeway, as it were.

I finally found an MP5K last night, it was on top of a police car that had already been looted.   Yep, people never take everything....

I finally found an MP5K last night, it was on top of a police car that had already been looted.   Yep, people never take everything....

And it looks like a wipe, awesome.  That's ok, it's not like the Freezes weren't mini wipes anyway...

Here is what I can report so far;

Spawned in North of Novo in the woods, kinda weird, had no idea really where I was at first.

-The new village is now spawning loot again, remains to be seen if that survives a reset.

-Freight cars don't seem to have anything anymore, at least in Novo, so we'll see, more on that later.

-The new military compound North of NEAF still is not spawning loot.

-Only had one melee fight with a zed, I won but I had a splitting axe anyway so still more to do on that front.

-Very HAPPY to report I had not one freeze after several hours, had some FPS drops but nothing close to a freeze, been playing on some high ping servers (everything is high ping for Hawaii), the AUS/NZ 4 and a Hardcore in Singapore.

Must eat lunch, have much fun all you dudes and dudettes...

Edited by Barnabus

I carried a MP5 in my hands for hours on my regular character. I finally throwed it away because I couldn't find the magazine :(

Old movements system is back :)

Did you guys see better server performance ???

Not sure. There's still lag when doing stuff to items. 

The game worked well at 40 players so it might've been improved? 

*shrug*

I usually notice server lag when it gets that full.

ya i just found this gun. don't have any ammo to fire it up for a test.

Mind posting a screenshot at least?

• Like 1