SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Well it's still wip so smooth stance changes likely do comeback.

i get the whole WIP thing and i know obviously the movement will be seeing various changes it would seem, but the ability to be able to strafe at the jog pace being removed is ludicrous. also i just am not a fan of any kind of forced movement speed like the slow crouch and slow weapon raised state, if these things are to be forced it should really be by an endurance/stamina mechanic, as opposed to stance context. i would have no problem with being restricted to how far and how often i can sprint and jog etc, but to limit the movement just from a base control perspective is outright jank, and then will be made more of an issue when a stamina mechanic IS implemented.

being able to sprint a set distance before receiving a speed de-buff makes sense. making your gun control harder if you jog for prolonged periods should be enough to force players to slow their movement, as opposed to the current, raise weapon = move slower unless using turbo/sprint. i mean for me that's probably the most annoying change, that the raising of a weapon creates a change of pace, its understandable from a sprint to have to slow to a jog but if your jogging already why should it then force a walk... it just doesn't have a sensible basis unlike slowing from a sprint to raise your weapon, which everyone can agree has to happen, and does do now with the raise lowering working when sprinting.

But again with this mechanic, if i  want to be in a jogged combat stance and then lower my weapon, i will be instantly in a sprint because of the removal of the toggle ability when gun raised. this again just makes accurate movement inputs needless complex with little to no "gains" of any kind, and as i have stated as well i really think the emphasis on how a player moves should be dictated mainly by the fact your accuracy is shot to shiz if your running around all over the place, and players who move with less speed and more caution are rewarded by having a much more controlled and steady aim. to me that seems like a no brainer especially when you couple it with the implementation of a fatigue system or whatever.

edited: in case of too much grammar nazis and spelling communists

Edited by Ninja_Meh
  • Like 1

Im noticing most servers dont restart and the times on them are not synced at all, might this be a partial testing of respawning loot? (so servers may not need restarts?) The more heavily used servers seem to restart, might be a condition for resets to occur if X % of loot has been picked up to restart?

Edited by Lord_Meshadieme

Im noticing most servers dont restart and the times on them are not synced at all, might this be a partial testing of respawning loot? (so servers may not need restarts?) The more heavily used servers seem to restart, might be a condition for resets to occur if X % of loot has been picked up to restart?

um, personally i think its just a case of the big changes happening to the server core architecture lately has been having a lot of different effects,  server restarts i think will always be a thing, as a means to clean destroyed gear and vehicles (when they come) among other things including corpses. i may be wrong, but i think thats the main reasons restarts need to be in. although hell maybe they are working on ridding servers of restarts.

Why the hell did you(devs) change the nighttime lightning? Now the nights are ruined, might aswell throw away the flaslight because I can see just as good as in daylight now(even in bad weather). F... bs just to please the 'night is to dark, thats why I play at day' crowd, and how much did that help, the night servers is just as abonded as before but now it is ruined for the few people that enjoyed nightime.  Night was scary, now it's just boring and I might aswell play at day now, more people and night isn't any special anymore.

Just a small question, is hunting taken out in exp, and are the walkie talkies broken?

• Like 1

So a friend and myself thought we would check out the new NavMesh, we played for about 30 minutes before going back to stable, I really hope they don't release this patch until it's fixed.

Zombie hit detection is so broken, I've got just under 900 hours of game play and only ever died twice to a zombie, first time is when they were one hit killing a few months back, the second was on the current experimental patch.

• Like 1

I like the 'new' meele abit, before I could hit a zombie from several meters away, now I have to be upclose to get them and you actually have to aim alot better now to get hits(alltough this need small tuning to make it perfect I see it as a move in the right direction). What I dont like is that moving fast when using melee I have to use the run button, makes it kinda clunky moving around the zombies, but it's ok when I got used to it, but I would prefer the melee running worked as before with the shift/jog button.

I actually took out five zombies quite easely with this new system, just circle around as before while running and aim really good and you will take em out very easely, if only one zombie you can just walk around them and not letting them hit you. What I see in your video is that your mate misses alot of the swings, and not such a good idea standing infront of the zombie, always circle around and hit them in the back:p.

In short, you guys basicly suck at using the melee weapon ^_^

I like the 'new' meele abit, before I could hit a zombie from several meters away, now I have to be upclose to get them and you actually have to aim alot better now to get hits(alltough this need small tuning to make it perfect I see it as a move in the right direction). What I dont like is that moving fast when using melee I have to use the run button, makes it kinda clunky moving around the zombies, but it's ok when I got used to it, but I would prefer the melee running worked as before with the shift/jog button.

I actually took out five zombies quite easely with this new system, just circle around as before while running and aim really good and you will take em out very easely, if only one zombie you can just walk around them and not letting them hit you. What I see in your video is that your mate misses alot of the swings, and not such a good idea standing infront of the zombie, always circle around and hit them in the back:p.

In short, you guys basicly suck at using the melee weapon ^_^

Melee is far from perfect in 0.47. As it is at the moment it feels as if there is an invisible barrier when trying to swing at a zombie. Either its because your swing arc is altered, the reach of the weapon is reduced or a combination of both. It feels horrible, like when your having a nightmare and you cant quite reach something even though its right infront of you.

• Like 1

Melee is far from perfect in 0.47. As it is at the moment it feels as if there is an invisible barrier when trying to swing at a zombie. Either its because your swing arc is altered, the reach of the weapon is reduced or a combination of both. It feels horrible, like when your having a nightmare and you cant quite reach something even though its right infront of you.

Seems fine to me. I've never had a problem hitting zombies. If you miss that much when a zombie is right in your face then it's your fault not the game's.

Melee is far from perfect in 0.47. As it is at the moment it feels as if there is an invisible barrier when trying to swing at a zombie.

I agree it's not perfect, and I get what you mean, 'invisible barrier', but it only happens when face to face with the zombie, when hitting them from behind that barrier isn't there. So It sure needs tuning but I like it way better than it was in last patch and see it as an improvement going in the right direction.

If you miss that much when a zombie is right in your face then it's your fault not the game's.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

So a friend and myself thought we would check out the new NavMesh, we played for about 30 minutes before going back to stable, I really hope they don't release this patch until it's fixed.

Zombie hit detection is so broken, I've got just under 900 hours of game play and only ever died twice to a zombie, first time is when they were one hit killing a few months back, the second was on the current experimental patch.

I thought NavMesh was just navigating the terrain. What does that have to do with hit detection? Are you conflating these two things or does navmesh have something to do with hit detection?

Can anyone tell me most or even all that's included in this Experimental Patch?

New:

• Physics: Added Ragdolls

Fixed:

• Event: Fixed Helicopter Crashes
  • Zombies: Added Navmesh to improve pathfinding

Undocumented

New:

• Animation: Added 3 new gestures; F8-Face Palm, F9-Cut your throat, and F10-Hush

• Animation: Added new Soda Can drinking animation

• Effect: Gas stations explode faster when shot

• Files: Added Config files for CZ 527, Flaregun, Makarov, and the PM73 Rak

• Files: Added PBO files for weapon wraps and 2 vehicles.

• Gear: Added Chemlights

• Gear: Added EMT clothing

• Gear: Fishing Hooks can be attached to Boonie Hats

• Gear: Added space for Combat Knives to the Military Boots

• Model: New Deer Model (Red Deer)

• Player: Added 4 New player skins: 3 for males (Medium, Dean, and Matt) and 1 for females (Medium)

• Zombies: Added new type of Zombie (Nicknamed Hoppers, Crawlers, or Monkeys)

Fixed:

• Action: Two handed Items can now be thrown.

• Animation: Added new crawling Animation

• Animation: You can now walk while holding your hands up.

• Gear: Several books received a new skin.

• Gear: "Spite" Renamed to "Spite Lemon Lime"

• Lighting: Added new light effects for hitting metal

• Weapons: Flipped the Hacksaw upward

Tada!

Edited by basinox

New:

Fixed:

Undocumented

New:

• Animation: Added 3 new gestures; F8-Face Palm, F9-Cut your throat, and F10-Hush
  • Files: Added Config files for  CZ 527FlaregunMakarov, and the PM73 Rak
  • Gear: Added Chemlights
  • Gear: Fishing Hooks can be attached to Boonie Hats
  • Gear: Added space for Combat Knives to the Military Boots
  • Model: New Deer Model (Red Deer)
  • Player: Added 4 New player skins: 3 for males (Medium, Dean, and Matt) and 1 for females (Medium)

Fixed:

• Lightning: Added new lightning effects for contact
  • Weapons: Flipped the Hacksaw upward

Tada!

Thanks, are they fixing the running animation soon? The one with your gun out. 

When i get the freeze if i CTRL, ALT, DEL, out and go into task manager, tab to dayz it showing as not responding select it then hit enter i get back into game fine within 3 sec. Before it was like 30 secs. Anyone else find this,win 8.1.

I was about to hold someone up and it freezes. I died in the end. LMAO.

Seems fine to me. I've never had a problem hitting zombies. If you miss that much when a zombie is right in your face then it's your fault not the game's.

Seriously suggest you try again.  It is broken and it is bad.  I usually have no issues either but tonight in Electro I had a two on me and I had a fire axe.  Well aimed hits did NOTHING to the zeds and they killed me pretty quick, I was out side in the parking lot of the Firehouse in town.  Could not even fight them in the open space inside.  After that death I spawned down the coast, snuck up behind a zed and engaged with fists, even knocked her down, when she got back up I kept hitting her but I was doing no damage to her at all, then my LMB crapped out (the newest bug I guess) and so died again. 

Experimental is seriously busted, I was hoping for a hotfix today but I guess not.  I am going back to stable for a bit since Experimental is pretty much unplayable as it is now.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

I thought NavMesh was just navigating the terrain. What does that have to do with hit detection? Are you conflating these two things or does navmesh have something to do with hit detection?

I'm sorry that I didn't word this in a way that a 12 year old could understand, yes NavMesh is just for the zombies to recognise what path they can and can't take, while trying this out my friend and I soon discovered the hit detection so went back to stable.

You with me now?

Tried to test NavMesh, figured out hit detection broken, stop playing.

I'm not sure how else I can word this so you get it.

Edited by RagedDrew

I'm sorry that I didn't word this in a way that a 12 year old could understand, yes NavMesh is just for the zombies to recognise what path they can and can't take, while trying this out my friend and I soon discovered the hit detection so went back to stable.

You with me now?

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Your post was quite unclear and indeed made it seem as though you though the navmesh had to do with hit detection. No need to throw a tantrum when a simple correction would have sufficed. 

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Oh this adjustment period for dayz is going to be a shitstorm..  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

New:

Fixed:

Undocumented

New:

• Files: Added Config files for CZ 527, Flaregun, Makarov, and the PM73 Rak

• Gear: Added Chemlights

• Gear: Fishing Hooks can be attached to Boonie Hats

• Gear: Added space for Combat Knives to the Military Boots

• Model: New Deer Model (Red Deer)

Fixed:

• Lightning: Added new lightning effects for contact

• Weapons: Flipped the Hacksaw upward

Tada!

Wait ,about the "lightning" part, does this mean lightning strikes people now ? Also I wonder if basic vehicles will make an appearance before barricading seeing as they are now added to the .pbo files , can't wait to see barricading though tbh I want that first and foremost after the new renderer/64 bit

You with me now?

Considering your video that's primarily showcasing bad hit detection is titled "NavMesh," I think you could stand to be less of an ass when some one asks you a completely reasonable question.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 3

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Your post was quite unclear and indeed made it seem as though you though the navmesh had to do with hit detection. No need to throw a tantrum when a simple correction would have sufficed. 

Considering your video that's primarily showcasing bad hit detection is titled "NavMesh," I think you could stand to be less of an ass when some one asks you a completely reasonable question.

Appreciate that, guys. I was actually asking a serious question and that poster chose to throw a hissy fit. And I think it's clear that he was quite unclear so I'm not going to respond with some sort of retort. Thanks for the defense, though!