SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Game freezes/crashes here as well, also had the bug where I couldn't attack. Found a Blue chemlight.

Yup, freezes and crashes for me too.

Did anybody see a zombi yet ????

i havent

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 1

Did anybody see a zombi yet ????

i havent

I have seen several, though they certainly don't seem to spawn as regularly at the moment.

Don't know if it is related, but there has actually been a bug in game for several months that if you are killed in a melee fight, when you respawn left mouse button suddenly doesn't work anymore. May be unrelated to that, though.

That might well be the same thing, although I never had that before. Plus, my Char did not die from melee fight (fell down a ladder *cough*), and he gave another zombi a good piece of his a axe just one minute before. But perhaps its coming from the same "direction" of bug...

I also have the impression, that with this new pathfinding, the zombies almost always have the first hit. I´m not able to hit them on their last meter of approach any more. This try always fails and before being able to hit the second time, they already got me once. As if their "hitbox" isnt working, until they finished their lastleap or summink...(just guessing, have no idea about programming ;)

Together with the derpy way the melee combat works at the moment (pressing "w" only making you walk when melee raised), fighting more then one of them is quite dangerous right now. Which is kind of a good thing, generally speaking. But I guess there is still some fine tuning to do...

The melee freeze bug was happening to me often yesterday.. each time though, I had something in my hands and was running around.. as soon as you stop, on occasion you will just freeze in place. You can do anything pretty much except attack/defend. Its a rather fucked up bug, but the only thing I can recommend is DO NOT STOP MOVING until you know you are safe to do so until this bug has been fixed.. thats what Im doing and its saved my life several times. 

• Like 1

game freezes but not too bad for me...zombie pathfinding works very well for the first version...managed to lock a few zeds inside a police station ...was finally chased and killed by 3 zombies inside elektro school building

( they followed me even up to the second floor and came down the stairs again when I tried to escape using the ladder)...looks very promising

• Like 1

Yeah pathfinding is working pretty well so far. Locked myself in a house and for the most part, my zombie friend didn't get in. Eventually he slipped in through the cracks though and scared the shit out of me.

Been getting the freezes but not for long.. Maybe 5 second max. No crashes as of yet.

Alright logged in.

Wall glitch not fixed and no stamina system.

Wasn't there talk of not including a true stamina system until vehicles are added? Personally I'd still like a stamina system sooner but I wasn't expecting one.

Edited by solodude23

Melee is basicly non-functional. I couldnt properly defend against 2 zombies, they almost killed me since you cant strave fast enough anymore and i had to run. Baseball bat and shovel hitregistration is terrible. Hopefully this mess of a patch does'nt go to stable anytime soon.

I saw as many zombies as normal and no particular change in behaviour but I didn't lock myself in a house, one zombie didn't seem to be able to find his way out of a barrack.

Found a white chem light!

av1jww.jpg

• Like 2

Melee is basicly non-functional. I couldnt properly defend against 2 zombies, they almost killed me since you cant strave fast enough anymore and i had to run. Baseball bat and shovel hitregistration is terrible. Hopefully this mess of a patch does'nt go to stable anytime soon.

if it needs broader testing, then it will and should. the stable branch isnt meant to be bugfree.

• Like 1

Yeah pathfinding is working pretty well so far. Locked myself in a house and for the most part, my zombie friend didn't get in. Eventually he slipped in through the cracks though and scared the shit out of me.

Pathfinding was a little better, but wow the server lag meant that coupled with the newly updated (read, even more gimped) movement hitting zombies is now totally hit or miss.

Wasn't there talk of not including a true stamina system until vehicles are added? Personally I'd still like a stamina system sooner but I wasn't expecting one.

I think the stamina issue he may be refering to is the gunsway (which is now constantly as if you have just finished sprinting a mile, was sat for over 5 minutes when i spawned in waiting for my lrs mosin to settle and it didnt)

i must say im pretty un happy with the movement changes again, they have it seems fixed the ability to drop your gun down when holding sprint to jog with rifle raised, it still feels shitty, and i really cant wait for the release of any of this to stable when i would bet that there will be a fairly big outcry by the community saying what i outlined previously. gunfights were bad with the last movement changes but now coupled with the new changes and the constant gunsway of each weapon. i think its safe to say if they continue with the current mindset of changes, it will not go down well.

so far iv loved every dayz update other than the last 2, now i just feel like these new changes are hampering gameplay to the point I wont enjoy playing as much.

no doubt some people (for some reason) will say the changes are good or more realistic. but i would prove them very wrong in a paintball match (either that or i would totally out manuever them and coat them from head to toe in paint)

Had several CLIENT freezes in about 15 minutes of gameplay, i started counting seconds and I guess the longest was 10 seconds. At the time I continued running and was transported ahead after those 10 second. Seems like the you can still move, even if you don't see it.

A one year old can strave faster than I can, maybe it would be best to just commit suicide. My survivor is obviously in the end phases of a serious illness effection the motoric abilities. Why fight the inevitable? Going out on one's own terms seems more desireable.

• Like 1

if it needs broader testing, then it will and should. the stable branch isnt meant to be bugfree.

true, not as buggy as EXPERIMENTAL, but still. Take some beans.

man the combat system from melee to gunplay is slowly going down a road of pointlessness almost. it was challenging enough before they gimped it and stripped half of the sensible functions it had... releasing any of whats been added the last 2 updates to stable would be a mistake anytime soon in my eyes also.

no doubt i will be bested by someone chouting out i am a Unreal tournament cod loving noob (but thats so untrue i cant even begin to explain it)

my experience so far with the just released up date was, couldnt hit zombies with melee (on a 30 ping server) got busted by one for a while as my hits werent registering on server at all, then finally after finishing off the zombie i end up ganked by a player because not only is movement now about as efficient as americas fuel consumption, but gun sway is broken AGAIN

I agree side stepping has become a little too slow. I get hit by zombies twice as much now. I don't mind if it gets harder to fight against zombies but it should be done because zombies get better, not because the player gets more and more restricted.

• Like 3

man the combat system from melee to gunplay is slowly going down a road of pointlessness almost. it was challenging enough before they gimped it and stripped half of the sensible functions it had... releasing any of whats been added the last 2 updates to stable would be a mistake anytime soon in my eyes also.

no doubt i will be bested by someone chouting out i am a Unreal tournament cod loving noob (but thats so untrue i cant even begin to explain it)

my experience so far with the just released up date was, couldnt hit zombies with melee (on a 30 ping server) got busted by one for a while as my hits werent registering on server at all, then finally after finishing off the zombie i end up ganked by a player because not only is movement now about as efficient as americas fuel consumption, but gun sway is broken AGAIN

I don't know why people hate the new movement system so much. In my opinion, it's a bit more responsive than the one in stable. The only thing I dislike is the movement speed when aiming down sight. Other than that, it's brilliant. Melee isn't broken either. I tussled with 3-4 zombies without being hit. All you have to do is circle them and sprint if you miss your swing. 

If people still complain about melee fighting zombies being hard, blame it on not having any kind of blocking function yet. 

Edited by SFRGaming

Just got followed by 2 Infected

Went inside a building let one in and smashed the door to closed
1 infected entered,smashed his head with my axe, the second could not enter..because of the closed door :D

pathfinding really seems to work now.. ;) :thumbsup: 

but..
infected still seem to ignore fences and stuff like that .. but no more walking throug buildingwalls for me here.. 
at least in my 10 minute-testing

After 30min or so of gameplay I stopped having freezes altogether. No change in # of players on server.

• Like 1

So the simple fact that it will be dangerous to open certain doors now because of what may lay behind it.. 

Is pretty awesome! :D

• Like 7

just dont have too high expectations. there wont be a magical -fix-all-problems- patch, and everytime new systems are implemented, chances are high that things will get worse first before getting better

• Like 2

The problem is I always hear "realism here, realism there". The very thought of an unarmed guy running at someone with a mosin in agressive stance irl and the mosin guy missing is so unrealistic, it's not even funny. If I see such a situation in stable, I bet on the boxer. There is lots of fine tuning left to do, including making characters slower (buihoo, yes yell at me). But one important fact is that weapon sway because of weight would not be a problem irl for enemies close to you. Don't know if that's what you're talking about though.

EDITTED for wrong meaning

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

I don't know why people hate the new movement system so much. In my opinion, it's a bit more responsive than the one in stable. The only thing I dislike is the movement speed when aiming down sight. Other than that, it's brilliant. Melee isn't broken either. I tussled with 3-4 zombies without being hit. All you have to do is circle them and sprint if you miss your swing. 

If people still complain about melee fighting zombies being hard, blame it on not having any kind of blocking function yet. 

on new patch, you dont sprint with axe raised, its now combat jog. they have fixed the lower weapon issue to be able to sprint, which in actual fact means you now sprint when lowering your weapon with the implementation of NEEDING to sprint to use jogging in the first place. when im moving i should not need to move forwards faster to side step faster... its just not as nice as it was. this is just my opinion of course but i think if these changes push to stable sometime, it will show a lot more people that are of a similar opinion.

Freezes and rubberbanding - i'm

Lovin it :)